Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a law against this?

Originally posted by maddog

streetshooting is voyeurism under the guise of art.
    hahaha

I mean if its a sneak shot of an old lady u take on the MRT - would there be a thread like this on it?

As its a pretty or young girl involved, people tend to get more upset as it could impute some unsavoury thoughts if her pic was taken regardless of whether its posted on sggals or not.

streetshooting is voyeurism under the guise of art.

* togu clap clap clap

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

hahaha

I mean if its a sneak shot of an old lady u take on the MRT - would there be a thread like this on it?

As its a pretty or young girl involved, people tend to get more upset as it could impute some unsavoury thoughts if her pic was taken regardless of whether its posted on sggals or not.
    thats not the point

I suppose i could just take streetshooters daughter portrait shots and post them on sggals without getting flamed to death here can i?

Originally posted by FLiNcHY

thats not the point

I suppose i could just take streetshooters daughter portrait shots and post them on sggals without getting flamed to death here can i?
    of cos you will be flamed to death.

what i am trying to say is if the gal's pic is not put in unsavoury sites like sggals but in normal sites like CS & there is also an old lady's pic on CS - so how come photographer would get flamed for taking pic of the young gal & not the old lady if both photos were taken without the subject's knowledge?

What happened to your friends is wrong especially when they've made it known that they don't want their pic taken.

Blog Entries

Well, kind of broadly agree with the majority in that there is nothing much you can do about ppl taking photos of your wife/mother/gf/sis/etc in public.

But a couple of the replies did strike a raw note, especially when flinchy mentioned that they were hiding the camera under the table - this to me is at least grounds to report to the floor manager or as flinchy said, "whip out his card" and demand to see the pics on the camera on the grounds of taking upskirts.

Originally posted by togu

* togu wonders why someone with a warrant card don't know how to deal with such unpleasant issues....
    maybe he's gutless mah

he would rather keep it inside and only knows how to voice out in this forum

hahahaha

if I was him I'll definitely confront those guys with my warrant card...they sure to be scared shitless

hey what if i secretlly take snap shot of an old lady who in her younger days was one pretty lass, would i be considered liable for voyeurism...hehehe

Originally posted by MrBig
    hey what if i secretlly take snap shot of an old lady who in her younger days was one pretty lass, would i be considered liable for voyeurism...hehehe

you'll just be considered another sicko in this sick world.

one example of how DC can be misused

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...hreadid=397268
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

you'll just be considered another sicko in this sick world.
    HAHAHA

maybe he's gutless mah

hahahaha

if I was him I'll definitely confront those guys with my warrant card...they sure to be scared shitless

agree. think the greater injustice is knowing something is wrong and not doing anything about it.

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

hahaha

I am fully agree with you. If the 3 guys took a candid shot of male, then this thread will be much more quiter.

IMO, the terms "street shooting" does not mean candid shooting. Maybe its more appropriate to say those 3 guys did a "candid shooting".

Actually my biggest question is, why you (flynchy) never approach those 3 guys and ask them to stop taking picture of your friend candidly?

maybe he's gutless mah

hahahaha

yah man, why am i such a balless guy

Maybe its because my frens butt turned up on their camera instead of my female fren (read first post)

Originally posted by Wai
    one example of how DC can be misused

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...hreadid=397268
    \exactly

this is streetshooting, no?

or voyeurism

Default Re: Is there a law against this?

Originally posted by FLiNcHY
    Was at pacific coffee yesterday with 3 girls and a guy
    Opposite our table were 3 guys with a tiny sony digital camera DSC P9 i think.

When we arrived, my fren who was there earlier to "chop" seats told me that the 3 guys were using the digital camera to take candid shots of females secretly whenever they walked in view to the counter or exiting the place.

They even tried to secretly take snapshots of my female friend when she was sitting alone. Using a palm to cover the camera and quickly pulling shutter. But she noticed and quickly turned and gave them a stare. So they stopped and acted "Bochup"

Then we arrived with. Now my other friend was really pretty and she instantly got their attention. After being notified by my female fren (the one who "chop" seat), i paid close attention to them.

My pretty friend went to the toilet and then to the counter to get some coffee. Instantly , i saw one of the guys readying his camera to get a snapshot. So i immediately asked my other guy fren to intercept their view and so he got up and went to help them carry the coffee and block the view of the camera just in time when the shot was taken. So they got a shot of his butt. But there were other unfortunate girls who were already stored in their memory card.

I was really really damn freaking pissed already. Almost took out my warrant card and confronted them and threw their camera away . But i forgot my penal code and didnt know whether it was an offence to do such things.

I'm pretty sure there's a law for this. If not there better be! This is how websites like photoforum and Sggirls thrive! This is one example of how the digital camera can be misused!
    U shld call police or contact the manager there to take some actions.....I hate such Ah Beng actions....shld ask them go back n take their mum photo....

Default Re: Re: Is there a law against this?

Originally posted by longman

U shld call police or contact the manager there to take some actions.....I hate such Ah Beng actions....shld ask them go back n take their mum photo....
    flinchy IS the police.

come to think of it, they did look abit bengish

long dyed hair with slippers
    just sitting there talking nonsense and looking out for girls to walk past and then secretly taking their photos. Thats abt all they did the whole time.

Yeah i forgot to describe them !! Thanks Long man for reminding. Now based on my above description, do they look like streetshooters or sex perverts to u?

Default Re: Re: Re: Is there a law against this?

flinchy IS the police.
    Dont pray pray

I don't think the police can arrest them.

Is there any crime comitted by them? No..

Secondly, are there any inhouse rules (Inside the Restaurant) that prevented or prohibited from the guest from taking a snapshot from a beutifull lady? No..
    But if the guys taking alot of pictures of the lady, for example, non stop, until the lady felt uneasy then the restaurant manager can stop them. In house rules guide by comfortability of the guests.

Till then message still not clear applying at difference places.

Cheers.

look like sex perverts more....purposely take upskirt photo n upload to web, u shld go n check their IC since u r police.....u can take a look of their camera if got something can catch them mah........

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast