Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Dreamy Effect Using Photoshop CS

  1. #1

    Default Dreamy Effect Using Photoshop CS

    Hi all,

    I want to do dreamy effect using photoshop CS. Does anyone have any tips on how to go about doing it??
    Thanks in advance for the help.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Dreamy Effect Using Photoshop CS

    try duplicating the layer and then apply strong gaussian blur and finally adjust the opacity of the layer.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Dreamy Effect Using Photoshop CS

    something like this?



    duplicate layer,
    gaussian blur (forgot how many pixel)
    100% opacity erase eyes, nose n mouth,
    50% opacity erase face,
    50% opacity erase body.
    all soft brush.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Dreamy Effect Using Photoshop CS

    Quote Originally Posted by scaredcloud View Post
    something like this?



    duplicate layer,
    gaussian blur (forgot how many pixel)
    100% opacity erase eyes, nose n mouth,
    50% opacity erase face,
    50% opacity erase body.
    all soft brush.
    Yes you are right ... this is the kind of picture that I am trying to do ...
    I tried to use this method with only duplicate layer and gaussian blur
    what is the layer i should used?? Overlay?
    I tend to get the overall photo much darker and din get what you have which is pretty bright.
    Why?

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dover Vista
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: Dreamy Effect Using Photoshop CS

    Quote Originally Posted by hongwei View Post
    Yes you are right ... this is the kind of picture that I am trying to do ...
    I tried to use this method with only duplicate layer and gaussian blur
    what is the layer i should used?? Overlay?
    I tend to get the overall photo much darker and din get what you have which is pretty bright.
    Why?

    Thanks
    You can try increasing the brightness and contrast (or level) of the gaussian blurred layer and reduce it's opacity and the pic will be bright.

    As far as I experienced, blend modes are not necessary to get this effect.

    Hope this helps

  6. #6

    Default Re: Dreamy Effect Using Photoshop CS

    Quote Originally Posted by tqviet0327 View Post
    You can try increasing the brightness and contrast (or level) of the gaussian blurred layer and reduce it's opacity and the pic will be bright.

    As far as I experienced, blend modes are not necessary to get this effect.

    Hope this helps
    Haha ... thanks for the tips .... because I saw in one of the site saying that I need to use overlay blending mode, so I tot it's a must to do that .... so using normal mode should do the job too ....

    scaredcloud: sorry I am still not very familiar with Photoshop .... what do you mean by
    100% opacity erase eyes, nose n mouth,
    50% opacity erase face,
    50% opacity erase body.
    all soft brush.
    Care to elaborate??

    Thanks

  7. #7

    Default Re: Dreamy Effect Using Photoshop CS

    Quote Originally Posted by hongwei View Post
    Haha ... thanks for the tips .... because I saw in one of the site saying that I need to use overlay blending mode, so I tot it's a must to do that .... so using normal mode should do the job too ....

    scaredcloud: sorry I am still not very familiar with Photoshop .... what do you mean by
    100% opacity erase eyes, nose n mouth,
    50% opacity erase face,
    50% opacity erase body.
    all soft brush.
    Care to elaborate??

    Thanks
    hi there. sorry abt the brief notes.
    actually there are few methods to get this effect,
    like what explorerZ has mentioned,
    you can just adjust the opacity to get the effect, but that will apply to the whole picture.
    normally what i did is localize adjustment,
    hence I use eraser tool instead of adjusting the opacity for the layer,
    i adjust eraser tool opacity.
    so u can erase 25%, 50% and 100% opacity wherever you like.

    hope this help.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Dreamy Effect Using Photoshop CS

    Quote Originally Posted by scaredcloud View Post
    hi there. sorry abt the brief notes.
    actually there are few methods to get this effect,
    like what explorerZ has mentioned,
    you can just adjust the opacity to get the effect, but that will apply to the whole picture.
    normally what i did is localize adjustment,
    hence I use eraser tool instead of adjusting the opacity for the layer,
    i adjust eraser tool opacity.
    so u can erase 25%, 50% and 100% opacity wherever you like.

    hope this help.
    Hi, thanks for the fast response.
    thanks for the help ... I think I get what you mean .... I did try for a while just now ... and find that it really need some skills and practise to really get a perfect picture.
    And when you say soft brush is it that the hardness of the brush put it to about only 10%??

    Thanks once again.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Dreamy Effect Using Photoshop CS

    Haha ... thanks for the tips .... because I saw in one of the site saying that I need to use overlay blending mode, so I tot it's a must to do that .... so using normal mode should do the job too ....
    Be flexible with what you do. You can try experimenting "screen" blending mode for brighter skin tones.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Dreamy Effect Using Photoshop CS

    try using diffuse glow...in the distort submenu of the filters menu...but remember to set background colour to white first...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •