Thread: Batts and charger recommended for external flash?

Default Batts and charger recommended for external flash?

Will be getting an external flash soon.. Am thinking what type of batts and charger should I get? I have heard some gd comments about powerex batts and charger, are they really good? What type of batts u all normally use for ur flashes and any particular brands u all recommend? My budget is around $50 for batts and charger.. Paisay if my budget is too low or high coz I totally know nuts about batts and their prices..
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

Default Re: Batts and charger recommended for external flash?

well...i'm using sanyo 2500mah batteries...i have a GP and a Nexcell quick charger ...

dont know much about it but eastgear seems to be selling the 2700mah Powerex batteries too

cheers

Thanks! If I buy the 2700mah Powerex batteries, I can use them with other chargers oso right? Eg. the GP and Nexcell quick charger u mentioned? For charger, any charger will do or its better to get a good one? Is the powerex charger good?

Quote Originally Posted by Witness View Post
    well...i'm using sanyo 2500mah batteries...i have a GP and a Nexcell quick charger ...

dont know much about it but eastgear seems to be selling the 2700mah Powerex batteries too

cheers

Just heard from my frenz that the Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batts are oso good.. I just checked the Sanyo website, its 2000mAh. That means compared to powerex 2700mah batts, it will be less powerful right? According to my frenz, the charger dun need good one. Any chargers will do, the only difference is the charging time. Quick charge one might make the batts too hot(not good) whereas long charging one might reduce the batts life too.. Anyone can clarify? Help I am getting blur liao.. My budget is $50 and below for charger and at least 5 batts..

East Gear selling this. Now got promo, free batteries and it fits yr budget $49. Used to be $49 without batteries. Best time to buy. http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product...roducts_id=527

Thanks bro..

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    East Gear selling this. Now got promo, free batteries and it fits yr budget $49. Used to be $49 without batteries. Best time to buy. http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product...roducts_id=527

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Thanks bro..
    powerex batts seem to be a good buy now over at EG. charger, i'm current using a maha MH-C801D 8-cell charger... tho i think there are better, updated models now in EG too.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Chargers DO make a difference, other than charging time:
    - helping extend battery life (slow charging mode is better for battery longevity)
    - refresh/revive old batteries
    - fully charging your batteries (e.g. once almost full, switch to trickle charge)