Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: manfrotto 055D @ $139 - Cheap?

Default Re: manfrotto 055D @ $139 - Cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    You mean it is not possible to carry it around for the whole day?
    it is really very heavy... my case, i am using the manfrotto 190 Prob which is several hundred grams lighter, and i am already feeling the pinch of the weight..

2kg+ is torturous for carrying the whole day...

Which is better, the twist and lock kind or the quick release kind?
    its just a matter of preference honestly. i prefer a quick release kind... dont like to loosen and tighten so many leg sections

and yes, 2+kg for a tripod with head is way way above the amount of weight that i am willing to lug around during travelling.

i personally think that though the price is ok....the weight of the tripod is pretty much a turnoff...

i try carry 055 with 484RC (i think) that package at CP last mths...wow no joke...still stick to my Sprint pro

In case of those whinning about its weight.. you should know that REAL photogs have a few GOOD tripods, a few GOOD bags, and at least a SERIOUS lightmeter... most of those collected thru the years and still using them!

nah..i'm not a real photographer...only need one tripod

thing is most people here would prob just try to get one good tripod to last time thru the years...

cheerios

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    In case of those whinning about its weight.. you should know that REAL photogs have a few GOOD tripods, a few GOOD bags, and at least a SERIOUS lightmeter... most of those collected thru the years and still using them!
    wow that makes us all fake photographers.

To answer the TS, yes it's a good price. However, today i went down to TK photo to buy my humidifier cabinet and saw they had a range of tripods there. I was particularly impressed with the Slik ones. Slik used to make cheap flimsy tripods (i'm using one to hold my flash off-camera) but these ones were impressive! I'm sure they'll cost less than the manfrotto ones (hopefully).

BTW, i use the Manfrotto 190 and already the weight plus ball head and camera setup is pretty heavy. Tempted by the Slik ones.

Just made a call to CP this afternoon. They said that only the silver manfrotto 055D is on promotion. So if you are thinking of getting the black one at this promotional price, you can forget about it.

Just made a call to CP this afternoon. They said that only the silver manfrotto 055D is on promotion. So if you are thinking of getting the black one at this promotional price, you can forget about it.
    Since $$$ was one of the main concerns, T K Photo is selling it at 130 bucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12