Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Charger Devices CD-2X2 - A Power Pack that's easy on your back and bank

ClubSNAP Admin

Default Charger Devices CD-2X2 - A Power Pack that's easy on your back and bank

Default Re: Charger Devices CD-2X2 - A Power Pack that's easy on your back and bank

Where can i get the lowest rate ?

Default Re: Charger Devices CD-2X2 - A Power Pack that's easy on your back and bank

the question is , Where can I get this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Luval View Post
    eastgear bah i guess...

not on sale yet.

it's available from Eastgear, not sure about availability.

i tested the prototype, linked via cable to my Canon speedlight (same way as CP-E2/3). the refresh rate is super fast, under 1s as compared to fully charged CP-E2. not sure about the rate for Nikon speedlights, but I presume it's the same... operation is v easy, just plug and use. it's also v light as well, compared to some of the Quantum power packs around.

feel free to drop questions here and i'll try to answer them if the Eastgear folks are not around...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    it's available from Eastgear, not sure about availability.

i tested the prototype, linked via cable to my Canon speedlight (same way as CP-E2/3). the refresh rate is super fast, under 1s as compared to fully charged CP-E2. not sure about the rate for Nikon speedlights, but I presume it's the same... operation is v easy, just plug and use. it's also v light as well, compared to some of the Quantum power packs around.

feel free to drop questions here and i'll try to answer them if the Eastgear folks are not around...

I believe the same for Nikon flash too. But Battery pack for nikon isnt exactly that fast persay.
    okie .. down to the questioning .. hehe.
    1) If Eastgear is retailing this battery pack, Do they selling the compartible cord for dfferent flash system and do they selling charger along with the battery.. Usually they do.

2) The price - How much.

3) base on the Pic . i wasnt able to see any carrying handle for the battery. so i am not sure about that.

any comparison against Quantum 2x2? since its like its immediate competitor.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

1) If Eastgear is retailing this battery pack, Do they selling the compartible cord for dfferent flash system and do they selling charger along with the battery.. Usually they do.

2) The price - How much.

3) base on the Pic . i wasnt able to see any carrying handle for the battery. so i am not sure about that.
    To answer to best of my knowledge...

1. Yes there's a range of compatible cables (at the very least, Canon & Nikon to start off with). It'll be bundled with the battery pack on purchase (one per pack, same as Quantum). additional cables will be available for purchase as well (not sure about price).

2. price, i cannot comment (cos i not EG staff) but should be way cheaper than a similar product from Quantum.

3. there's no carrying handle on the pack itself, but Eastgear is designing a pouch that'll come with the batt pack and can clip onto a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    oh yah .. but this is still consider as a 3rd party against the original.

if it is so good or better.. than I believe that the Cost is goign to be the same also. which defeat the purpose of coming out with a cheaper alternative

oh yah .. but this is still consider as a 3rd party against the original.

if it is so good or better.. than I believe that the Cost is goign to be the same also. which defeat the purpose of coming out with a cheaper alternative
    if its cheaper with equal performance, then good enuff liao...
    if its cheaper with better performance, then must buy liao...
    if its same price with better performance, then its under consideration only.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

if its cheaper with equal performance, then good enuff liao...
    if its cheaper with better performance, then must buy liao...
    if its same price with better performance, then its under consideration only.
    must be cheap and good lor

hmmm ok not sure if i'll get into trouble for this... just a rough comparison based on specs...
    Quantum's specs as found on their website
    http://www.qtm.com/Turbo/?res_set=ye...1280&resh=1024

Recycling Speed (Shoe-mounted flashes, full power)
    CD-2x2 - 1s
    QTM 2x2 - 1s

No. of shots (Shoe-mounted flashes)
    CD-2x2 - Up to 1500
    QTM 2x2 - 700

Recharging time
    CD-2x2 - 2.5 hours
    QTM 2x2 - 3 hours

Weight
    CD-2x2 - 650g
    QTM 2x2 - 900g

Dimensions
    CD-2x2 - 160 x 88 x 38mm
    QTM 2x2 - 160 x 100 x 45mm

Blog Entries

hmm... interesting. quantum packs use nickle metal hydride cells, while this uses li-ion. supposedly li-ion packs more charge/weight compared to ni-hi, IIRC.

worth a look when it comes out on EG. i hope they have a cable (SD10 on quantum 2x2) for the D200.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    hmm... interesting. quantum packs use nickle metal hydride cells, while this uses li-ion. supposedly li-ion packs more charge/weight compared to ni-hi, IIRC.
    yeah that's why the weight and power output got a big difference... price-wise i have it on good authority that it'll definitely be quite a bit cheaper than the equiv Quantum 2x2...

Blog Entries

yeah that's why the weight and power output got a big difference... price-wise i have it on good authority that it'll definitely be quite a bit cheaper than the equiv Quantum 2x2...
    thnx, larry! erm... can you pls ask the folks at EG bring in the camera cables too, apart from the flash cables?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    thnx, larry! erm... can you pls ask the folks at EG bring in the camera cables too, apart from the flash cables?
    if i not wrong, there's def plans to develop the camera-compatible cables for this product. but anyway i will feedback to EG (they'll prob read this anyway, haha).

vince123123
    Guests

Aiyo, now then come out.......argh.

well.. i believe the pricing would be a factor most would be concerned with.

but i am interested. maybe if cant reveal the pricing, can prolly PM me on the price ?

Blog Entries

if i not wrong, there's def plans to develop the camera-compatible cables for this product. but anyway i will feedback to EG (they'll prob read this anyway, haha).
    dat would be great! do keep us posted as to which of the camera cables are available when the batt comes on sale?

Damn interested...now hoping the price is not too ex....

Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast