Thread: A Caring Mother

Default A Caring Mother

Hi guys,

As the title tells, I was trying to show the love and care of a mother to her child.

Please give me your C&C....thanks.

Default Re: A Caring Mother

your watermark kills the picture... remove it and repost.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Yah, I agree, but I cannot remove it lah.....sorry, need to have the mark there, if not the subject will not allow me to post....

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    your watermark kills the picture... remove it and repost.

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Yah, I agree, but I cannot remove it lah.....sorry, need to have the mark there, if not the subject will not allow me to post....
    liddat ar...

anyway, the main distraction is the lamp behind... should change angle or move the lamp.

prefer to see both legs of the baby. a close up on the baby experssion would be better. of course the story lead by the cake, but the tool is still the spoon. a 1/2 eaten cake would look better, esp facing the audience.

salvage tis pic, a tighter crop would be better.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Thanks Del_CtrlnoAlt for your comment. Actually this shot was an impromtu shot during a tea session.....just that a review seems got potential, so I PP a bit and get CC here....

I agree with you comment about the lamp and the BB's leg....I also find the cup handle on the left distracting too....Any advice on how to crop tighter? Dun 1 the cake?

TIA!

liddat ar...

anyway, the main distraction is the lamp behind... should change angle or move the lamp.

prefer to see both legs of the baby. a close up on the baby experssion would be better. of course the story lead by the cake, but the tool is still the spoon. a 1/2 eaten cake would look better, esp facing the audience.

salvage tis pic, a tighter crop would be better.

Then maybe you shouldnt post this photo then...
    Then again, doesnt seem to show the "loving" or "caring" much, I dont get the point.
    the baby's position seem awkwark and uncomfortable, if u have gotten the shot of baby on mummy's lap, might be better.
    the baby seem to be struggling to get rid of the spoon

Might work better if you have moved a little more to your left and zoom in closer

Thanks Del_CtrlnoAlt for your comment. Actually this shot was an impromtu shot during a tea session.....just that a review seems got potential, so I PP a bit and get CC here....

I agree with you comment about the lamp and the BB's leg....I also find the cup handle on the left distracting too....Any advice on how to crop tighter? Dun 1 the cake?

TIA!
    no problem... a crop i did...

if u only wan the mom & kid, then crop the cake away can liao... the feel is better like tis...

Thanks grumpy for your comments and will take note.

U really see in a way that the baby is trying to get rid of the spoon? But I see that the mum is trying to help the baby to send the food in to his mouth. Diff in thinking

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Then maybe you shouldnt post this photo then...
    Then again, doesnt seem to show the "loving" or "caring" much, I dont get the point.
    the baby's position seem awkwark and uncomfortable, if u have gotten the shot of baby on mummy's lap, might be better.
    the baby seem to be struggling to get rid of the spoon

Might work better if you have moved a little more to your left and zoom in closer
    Last edited by lastboltnut; 8th December 2006 at 02:08 PM.

Thank you bro for your time to share. I will print both out for a better feel. Thanks!

no problem... a crop i did...

if u only wan the mom & kid, then crop the cake away can liao... the feel is better like tis...

Thanks grumpy for your comments and will take note.

U really see in a way that the baby is trying to get rid of the spoon? But I see that the mum is trying to help the baby to send the food in to his mouth. Diff in thinking
    Dunno
    Just the way I see, both the mum's and baby's expressions are kinda awkward and tense; and the way both their hands clench the spoon... to me, it does not seem like either of them are enjoying that moment.

Just my 2 cents

Yah, its good to hear and see another angle of view. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Dunno
    Just the way I see, both the mum's and baby's expressions are kinda awkward and tense; and the way both their hands clench the spoon... to me, it does not seem like either of them are enjoying that moment.

Just my 2 cents

Smile Re: A Caring Mother

think its quite a diff topic to capture... i dun feel the 'warmth' here in your pic. sorry. might wanna try portrait shot instead of landscape though

Sure oxidizer, thank you for your view. I will try if I have the chance again....these moments are hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by oxidizer View Post
    think its quite a diff topic to capture... i dun feel the 'warmth' here in your pic. sorry. might wanna try portrait shot instead of landscape though

the mummy look quite pek chek leh...smile a bit better to go with your title.

Ok, but this is a candid and not stage shot......may be she was concentrating...

Thanks for your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ikanatto View Post
    the mummy look quite pek chek leh...smile a bit better to go with your title.