Thread: Which battery charger is better, SONY BCG-34HRC or Powerex MH-C204W?

Default Which battery charger is better, SONY BCG-34HRC or Powerex MH-C204W?

got this Powerex MH-C204W + 4AA batteries during the Sitex, wonder if compare with Sony BCG-34HRC with Refresh (discharge before charge) function, which charger is better?

one says REFRESH, the other says Battery Conditioner, this kind of commerical promotion terms really confused me
    Nikon D950, 16-200 F1.4 NANO VRIII

Default Re: Which battery charger is better, SONY BCG-34HRC or Powerex MH-C204W?

I'm not sure if my Sony charger is the same as the one you quoted, but it has the refresh function. I also had the Powerex charger you just bought. I find that the Sony charger is slower in both discharging and charging compared to Powerex. But the Powerex can only charge/discharge 2 or 4 batteries at same time, while the Sony charger can do it individually.

Anyway, just for your info, I had traded in my Sony charger for another Powerex charger + 4 AA during Sitex.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Default Re: Which battery charger is better, SONY BCG-34HRC or Powerex MH-C204W?

I have both. I feel there;s not much difference, just that the charging time from Powerex is faster.

I have the sony BCG-34HRMF with refresh function. Got it at sitex recently cost got individual battery charging (for 1 batteries charging aa/aaa for my mp3 player).

To answer your question. If you don't use individual batteries but in batches of 2 or 4 (camera, flash etc). Stick with your powerex charger.

I think powerex should be better. I have no good impression of sony charger as it does not fully charge my batteries