Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: knowledge

  1. #1
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default knowledge

    knowledge,

    now the value is not how much you know
    but how to find it.

    Google is your friend

    one more good advice from me

  2. #2
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: knowledge

    is wisdom the same as knowledge?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: knowledge

    Besides knowledge, one also need the experience and analytical skill to be successful, of course a good memory will help too.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    knowledge,

    now the value is not how much you know
    but how to find it.

    Google is your friend

    one more good advice from me
    Knowledge complements competency.
    Competency requires knowledge.

    Neither are workable without the existence of another.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    knowledge,

    now the value is not how much you know
    but how to find it.

    Google is your friend

    one more good advice from me
    The problem is sometimes.. or most of the time for me, I don't know what to search.. I always yahoo/google the wrong keywords and end up with useless info or adverts.

    but it's a good starting point anyway. At least I tried. Good tip!
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  6. #6

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    is wisdom the same as knowledge?
    Wisdom is applied knowledge.

  7. #7
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    is wisdom the same as knowledge?
    Wisdom is from wisdom tooth

    Knowledge is obtain from learning.
    Wisdom is inborn cannot have wisdom through learning! There is No way to learn wisdom!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by trucatus View Post
    Wisdom is applied knowledge.
    in this case, is wisdom limited by our knowledge?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #9
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    in this case, is wisdom limited by our knowledge?
    Wisdom there is no limit!
    Knowledge got limit!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Wisdom there is no limit!
    Knowledge got limit!
    if so, is wisdom, applied knowledge?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #11
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    if so, is wisdom, applied knowledge?
    No the other way round!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    No the other way round!
    confused! haha
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  13. #13
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    confused! haha
    Wisdom is like the ocean while Knowledge is like a Lake!

    As i said wisdom is a inborn thing cannot be learn n no need to learn!
    While knowledge can onli be aquirred thro learning!

    A wise man may be wise n knowledgable while a knowledgable person may not know how to use his wisdom!

    Just to qoute an eg: Remember the Joo Chiat neighbour feud?

    Professional = full of knowledge went to into feud wif neighbour why? cos wisdom is not applied here!

    Wise man will never go into a dispute wif his neighbour, let alone feud!
    Last edited by melvin; 7th December 2006 at 03:00 PM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Wisdom is like the ocean while Knowledge is like a Lake!

    As i said wisdom is a inborn thing cannot be learn n no need to learn!
    While knowledge can onli be aquirred thro learning!

    A wise man may be wise n knowledgable while a knowledgable person may not know how to use his wisdom!

    Just to qoute an eg: Remember the Joo Chiat neighbour feud?

    Professional = full of knowledge went to into feud wif neighbour why? cos wisdom is not applied here!

    Wise man will never go into a dispute wif his neighbour, let alone feud!
    ahhhh!

    but as one grows older, can wisdom be acquired like experience can?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  15. #15
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    ahhhh!

    but as one grows older, can wisdom be acquired like experience can?
    Yes! This is one of the way, Wisdom can be aquired from experience! There are others way which will help us wise up!
    And use them(wisdom) more often, u will gain more wisdom!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    in this case, is wisdom limited by our knowledge?
    The presence of knowledge doesn't imply the presence of wisdom.
    Similarly, the presence of wisdom doesn't imply the presence of knowledge.

    Both do not come in a single package, neither are they mutually exclusive, both sings to different tunes in different passages, yet they complement each other yet seem to contradict at the same time.
    Last edited by jsbn; 7th December 2006 at 04:11 PM.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    ahhhh!

    but as one grows older, can wisdom be acquired like experience can?
    Experiences acquired doesn't make one wiser in the ways of the world if one applies selective memory to it thus.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  18. #18
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    The presence of knowledge doesn't imply the presence of wisdom.
    Similarly, the presence of wisdom doesn't imply the presence of knowledge.

    Both do not come in a single package, neither are they mutually exclusive, both sings to different tunes in different passages, yet they complement each other yet seem to contradict at the same time.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  19. #19
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: knowledge

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Experiences acquired doesn't make one wiser in the ways of the world if one applies selective memory to it thus.
    woooo! tas enough thought for the day!!!!!!

    cheers!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  20. #20

    Default Re: knowledge

    Just google it
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •