Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 130

Thread: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

  1. #61

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    how to fight with your parents and future out-laws (ooops ) i mean in-laws

    the "once in a lifetime" excuse will come out again
    fight what fight?this is not student's thread on deadpoet k?

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    that is why you must be selective
    if you have those kind of friends, then i cannot help you
    choose ppl who know

    say if the table cost $80 per pax and you receive a $100 ang pao
    that would mean that they gave you $20

    so in return, you should also do the same
    or don't go and still give them at least a $20 ang pao
    Wah... I think hor... Most people wun have so many of this kind of friends loh...

    Most people go by standard rate of below standard rate especially if they are not close to you...

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i only have ONE advice for would-be couples planning for their weddings.

    it's YOUR wedding.you DO what you like/want.
    Even at the risk of parents sulking at your wedding dinner for ALL to see?

    Quite siong leh... Especially if well-meaning relatives and close friend come and ask you if your parents are ok or not...

  4. #64

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowee View Post
    Even at the risk of parents sulking at your wedding dinner for ALL to see?

    Quite siong leh... Especially if well-meaning relatives and close friend come and ask you if your parents are ok or not...
    if they are your parents, they'll SULK during your happy day? what kind of parents are these?

    face value at the expense of overlimit bank loans?
    wedding over still sh!t load of loans to pay off?
    relatives coming to your wedding without you knowing WHO they are?or it's your first time seeing them?
    60-70 tables and yet only 5 tables are your 'true' friends?

    i dunno seriously.it really depends on what one wants i guess....

  5. #65
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i only have ONE advice for would-be couples planning for their weddings.

    it's YOUR wedding.you DO what you like/want.
    do what you need to make it a happy event that you want to remember

    if you have alot of guests then downgrade the menu
    or restaurant

    but most importantly make it a happy event for all to remember
    money can earn back (but don't overspend)
    friends and relatives lost is gone forever

    when you are older and wiser, you will know the trur valur of your friends and relatives

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i already know what to do and what to expect.
    i will see what i expect.

    i hope all these 'petty' discussions dont turn in flame wars ok?
    We've got around heat with Darth Vader vs Emperor Palpatine sparring with red hot lightsabers in another thread and it had spiralled till the Galactic Senate (the admins) can't even close it. I guess other 'heat' around probably wun be as bad as that.... for now.

    But still, some speak from experience. That strained relationships comes from the actual wedding itself. No doubt about it.

    The thing goes down two ways: A couple decides something, The Parents feel another. Ultimately, its next to impossible to find a middle ground unless all can see eye-to-eye on a rational point of view (that a wedding's personal and 'face' amongst relatives, even to those who are like enemies to each other's parents, or what has got nothing to do with it).
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    if they are your parents, they'll SULK during your happy day? what kind of parents are these?

    face value at the expense of overlimit bank loans?
    wedding over still sh!t load of loans to pay off?
    relatives coming to your wedding without you knowing WHO they are?or it's your first time seeing them?
    60-70 tables and yet only 5 tables are your 'true' friends?

    i dunno seriously.it really depends on what one wants i guess....
    Or rather, what the couple wants.

    Wedding & marriage is never a personal decision, although the ceremony may be.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  8. #68
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    IMHO,
    $20 is absurd.might as well save it.

    assuming you intend to give $100.even if you dont go, you should be giving at least $50.
    but then again, if it's some long lost souls come summoning you, then maybe i give $2.

    $2?? u ppl are too generous..my fren received newspaper inside ang bao!!
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  9. #69

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    dun wear oversized condoms if you dont have a huge D***.
    when it is your turn, then you will see
    bo pian, 711 not everwhere u noe ....
    always the Light, .... always.

  10. #70

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    i want to boast again.
    the weddins which i'd planned, didnt go along with the parents wishes.
    i was just told to plan in accordance to what my best friends wanted.
    yes.they are rich, and they can spare the cash.i would say, their weddings are spectacular and definitely not the traditional kind of wedding dinners most of you guys attended.

    if you're lookg at your parents faces for $ for your wedding, then i'm sorry.$ talks.you no $, LPPL have to 'sort of' give in to what your parents wants.
    the 4 weddings i've planned, all the couples did not get a single cent from their parents.hence, they really did what they like, and not in accordance with what their parents wished.
    if i can disclose, i was there for one of the discussions with their parents.in the end, no conclusion.bang table.
    however, when the wedding came, there(parents especially) were all smiles.fake or not, i dunno.and i dont care.
    all i know is i did my job, and i've helped my best friends.

    no doubt.wedding nowadays are no longer the couple's event.especially the elderlys who want to 'zap zhi kar'(if u wan to put it that way ).but eventually, YOU are the one getting married.not them.and of course, save up enough before you even THINK about holding the dinner.try not to ask for $ or loan from your parents or bank.
    then, you can do A N Y T H I N G.

  11. #71
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    then have 2 dinners lor

  12. #72

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    then have 2 dinners lor
    pretty normal but waste of $ imho.

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    sometimes hor...old friends whom u tot awol already, suddenly reappear and call you for address cos they want to send you red summon.
    this kind of 'friends'....are those whom i'll tell them i'm occupied.
    same. hahaha instead why not offer to shoot for them? charge them 1.5x usual rate then give them 20% discount
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  14. #74

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i want to boast again.
    dun wear oversized bra if you dont have a pair of huge boobs ...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    .but eventually, YOU are the one getting married.not them.and of course, save up enough before you even THINK about holding the dinner.try not to ask for $ or loan from your parents or bank.
    then, you can do A N Y T H I N G.
    Ya i fully agree with you ....
    guys .... make sure yr future gf is driving a bmw ... then, you can do A N Y T H I N G for yr wedding
    always the Light, .... always.

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i want to boast again.
    the weddins which i'd planned, didnt go along with the parents wishes.
    i was just told to plan in accordance to what my best friends wanted.
    yes.they are rich, and they can spare the cash.i would say, their weddings are spectacular and definitely not the traditional kind of wedding dinners most of you guys attended.

    if you're lookg at your parents faces for $ for your wedding, then i'm sorry.$ talks.you no $, LPPL have to 'sort of' give in to what your parents wants.
    the 4 weddings i've planned, all the couples did not get a single cent from their parents.hence, they really did what they like, and not in accordance with what their parents wished.
    if i can disclose, i was there for one of the discussions with their parents.in the end, no conclusion.bang table.
    however, when the wedding came, there(parents especially) were all smiles.fake or not, i dunno.and i dont care.
    all i know is i did my job, and i've helped my best friends.

    no doubt.wedding nowadays are no longer the couple's event.especially the elderlys who want to 'zap zhi kar'(if u wan to put it that way ).but eventually, YOU are the one getting married.not them.and of course, save up enough before you even THINK about holding the dinner.try not to ask for $ or loan from your parents or bank.
    then, you can do A N Y T H I N G.
    my friend told me, wedding dinner sure make money one.. no need to ask money from parents and can pay in cold hard cash after the wedding.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  16. #76

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    dun wear oversized bra if you dont have a pair of huge boobs ...


    Ya i fully agree with you ....
    guys .... make sure yr future gf is driving a bmw ... then, you can do A N Y T H I N G for yr wedding
    good quote!i'll add that to the list!

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    my friend told me, wedding dinner sure make money one.. no need to ask money from parents and can pay in cold hard cash after the wedding.
    as long as dun hire YQT can liao... he take 30 days in advance...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #78

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    my friend told me, wedding dinner sure make money one.. no need to ask money from parents and can pay in cold hard cash after the wedding.
    SURE?
    i dont mean to be anal, but your friend probably treat 3 stars hotels or restaurants.
    if so, then yes, you sure make $.
    but do u know some people cant even afford to pay the deposit for a 30-40 tables dinner and yet still thinking of going honeymoon?

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    as long as dun hire YQT can liao... he take 30 days in advance...
    only if you need 30days credit.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: 5 Wedding Dinner Invitations In 2 Months!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    SURE?
    i dont mean to be anal, but your friend probably treat 3 stars hotels or restaurants.
    if so, then yes, you sure make $.
    but do u know some people cant even afford to pay the deposit for a 30-40 tables dinner and yet still thinking of going honeymoon?
    that couple i mentioned.. they held their dinner at Shangri-la Sentosa leh...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •