Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CHOPE Vs Reserved!

Default Re: CHOPE Vs Reserved!

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy View Post
    why you so wasteful? tsk tsk, at least keep the tissue mah.

ok lah, next time i keep for u. especially the nice scented tissues from the chio bus.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

vince123123
    Guests

Well done! I applaud and salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    i went for lunch one day with a fren at a food court and saw a table being "choped" by a packet of tissue. to my fren's horror i threw the tissue away and sat down at the table with my food. when the lady came back with her food she wanted to know why i was sitting at "her" table. i replied it's not her table, so after trying to argue for a while she LL went away to look for another table.

choping by tissue???!!!!! can u imagine this kind of nonsense? try queuing up for a hdb flat with a packet of tissue. or what about queing up for singapore idol auditions with a packet of tissue. just come the night b4, place the packet of tissue first in line, go back and have a nice sleep, then come back the next day to reclaim ur place in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    i went for lunch one day with a fren at a food court and saw a table being "choped" by a packet of tissue. to my fren's horror i threw the tissue away and sat down at the table with my food. when the lady came back with her food she wanted to know why i was sitting at "her" table. i replied it's not her table, so after trying to argue for a while she LL went away to look for another table.

choping by tissue???!!!!! can u imagine this kind of nonsense? try queuing up for a hdb flat with a packet of tissue. or what about queing up for singapore idol auditions with a packet of tissue. just come the night b4, place the packet of tissue first in line, go back and have a nice sleep, then come back the next day to reclaim ur place in the queue.
    My dear friend...You are indeed a brave man !
    One of the many unwritten rules of CBD culture is not to remove packet(s) of unattended tissue.
    Anyway, most of the ladies who placed tissues are usually found in the long queues for freebies or discounted stuff around Raffles Place during lunch time.

Take the tissue, put on the table. Eat, use the tissue. Put tissue back on seat, leave.

vince123123
    Guests

Unfortunately there's no one to enforce these so called "rules", created by the inconsiderate to penalise the law abiding. Hence, there is simply no need to follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by Inimatad View Post
    My dear friend...You are indeed a brave man !
    One of the many unwritten rules of CBD culture is not to remove packet(s) of unattended tissue.
    Anyway, most of the ladies who placed tissues are usually found in the long queues for freebies or discounted stuff around Raffles Place during lunch time.

if there can be "No Photography" sign why cannot have "No Choping of Seats Using Tissue Paper" sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    if there can be "No Photography" sign why cannot have "No Choping of Seats Using Tissue Paper" sign?
    Because there isn't one that approve the use of it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by palvin View Post
    Oh, just saw a similar incident at lunch today.
    Was having lunch at "warehouse" The Comtech. Then saw an empty 6 seats table with only a packet of tissue and hair clip on it. Wah, win lor! A tissue paper with a hair clip can "chop" 6 seats!

Try using that to book a place at some restaurants!

Think one day i bring my cam during lunch time and if i see anyone doing that, i'll take snap shot of it with my flash. Haha.... see if they malu or not!

If you are really unhappy about it, just remove the thing and claim the seat. Trying to take pictures of it will not improve the situation.

Blog Entries

i would suppose that it will be under the "No Littering Sign"
    get the guy to issue them fines and see if they dare to do it again.

or bring a trashbag and start removing all the tissue papers on all the tables

since it is rubbish in the first place

BTW i have lunch at 2pm

Usually, when I am looking for seats, I would random pick up some of those tissues and leaving the "chope" seats empty for the next needy person with the tray of food. Of course when the tissue owners returned, they are not happy, neither is the innocent hapless person eating their food.

Now if we all do that randomly, eventually everybody will soon realise the silliness of it. When the tissue gangs knows its useless "chope-ing" they will return to "normal" again.

Bros, this is the time to effect change... Let's pick-up those tissues every now and then..

Let's make this a better place!

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    Usually, when I am looking for seats, I would random pick up some of those tissues and leaving the "chope" seats empty for the next needy person with the tray of food. Of course when the tissue owners returned, they are not happy, neither is the innocent hapless person eating their food.

Now if we all do that randomly, eventually everybody will soon realise the silliness of it. When the tissue gangs knows its useless "chope-ing" they will return to "normal" again.

Bros, this is the time to effect change... Let's pick-up those tissues every now and then..

At first I get confused on your post but after thinking more about it I feel that it is worth doing. I certainly will try it. It may just work.

wow great idea. Pity I don't work in CBD area or seen any of this choping business around my work place. Can collect free tissues somemore

support u!

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    This reserving seat during lunchtime is the most kiasu Singaporean attitude ever. I have seen for myself that people place tissue paper on seat and then go queue for food while others with food in tray looking for place to seat and standing over these "chope" seats.

The person with food on tray would have eaten and left before the person who placed the tissue paper is back to reclaim his/her seat. So much time and productivity lost, I have no sympathy for the "chope" person if an argument ever breaks out between the food in hand and the chope, I will never side with chope attitude.

:thumbsdown:

../azul123
    100% agree with this kind of inconsiderate behaviour. This seems to be a recent development and more common in the CBD areas...

Here is another type of kiasu behaviour...chopping places in queues. Attached is what I took at the entrance of the Rock Auditorium on Friday at 12 noon. When I first saw these pieces of paper, I thought there were garbage and was wondering why they were not picked up by the cleaning staff there. Apparently some kiasu people were chopping their places at least 6 hours before the actual event started...incomprehensible to the eyes and minds of the uninitiated!

Last edited by Leongfm; 10th December 2006 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leongfm View Post
    100% agree with this kind of inconsiderate behaviour. This seems to be a recent development and more common in the CBD areas...

Here is another type of kiasu behaviour...chopping places in queues. Attached is what I took at the entrance of the Rock Auditorium on Friday at 12 noon. When I first saw these pieces of paper, I thought there were garbage and was wondering why they were not picked up by the cleaning staff there. Apparently some kiasu people were chopping their places at least 6 hours before the actual event started...incomprehensible to the eyes and minds of the uninitiated!
    Now this is funny! "Unattended Object! Call Mata!"
    Canon 8800F Scanner Rental Available! PM me for details.
    ::Negatives, Film, MF, 35mm, Scanning::

Quote Originally Posted by Leongfm View Post

Let me see... belongs to the members of NEW CREATIONS CHURCH. How come I'm not surprise to even remember that it's by the same group of people who wanna get the front seats. Think Pastor Price needs to preach more culture into these people next time.
    Last edited by ZDragon; 11th December 2006 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Grammer correction

vince123123
    Guests

Shd go there and kick the brochures messing it up

Help the cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by ZDragon View Post
    Let me see... belongs to the members of NEW CREATIONS CHURCH. How come I'm not surprise to even remember that it's by the same group of people who wanna get the front seats. Think Pastor Price needs to preach more culture into these people next time.
    why they want to get front seats?

Its a unique and accepted practice in the Raffles Place/Tanjong Pagar area for people to chope seats using a packet of tissue paper.

I personally feel its quite a good system ... at least you know you'll be secure with a seat after ordering food...and avoid the hassle of carrying a hot bowl of soup whilst searching for one.
    |EOS, Fuji X and Leica M Systems | Need more good pictures to justify gear | www.ef2pt8.com |

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast