Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CHOPE Vs Reserved!

Default CHOPE Vs Reserved!

I think someone here suggested the "Chope" Tissue papers sometime back on this Forum.
    The Tissue papers are to help ladies chope their seats at hawker centers and stuff.

Now OCBC came up with their "Reserved" tissue papers.

Default Re: CHOPE Vs Reserved!

This reserving seat during lunchtime is the most kiasu Singaporean attitude ever. I have seen for myself that people place tissue paper on seat and then go queue for food while others with food in tray looking for place to seat and standing over these "chope" seats.

The person with food on tray would have eaten and left before the person who placed the tissue paper is back to reclaim his/her seat. So much time and productivity lost, I have no sympathy for the "chope" person if an argument ever breaks out between the food in hand and the chope, I will never side with chope attitude.

:thumbsdown:

../azul123

I mean

it's a culture thing. if all "chope" seats, u won't be left with food in tray looking for seats.

Well, This kind of culture was brought to us by a Kiasu Government where everything also must be the first. So the people start to follow.... but on the wrong side.

Singapore has since created many first...

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    This reserving seat during lunchtime is the most kiasu Singaporean attitude ever. I have seen for myself that people place tissue paper on seat and then go queue for food while others with food in tray looking for place to seat and standing over these "chope" seats.

The person with food on tray would have eaten and left before the person who placed the tissue paper is back to reclaim his/her seat. So much time and productivity lost, I have no sympathy for the "chope" person if an argument ever breaks out between the food in hand and the chope, I will never side with chope attitude.

../azul123

agreed !

i dun like people who chope seats using tissue

Phooooit!

Normally, the nice pack of tissue paper will be stuffed into my pocket before I settle down

Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Normally, the nice pack of tissue paper will be stuffed into my pocket before I settle down

Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    We think alike.

Hey! Free Tissue!

Birds Of Singapore Android App released!
    the mac 13 on Flickr

Why no one use their cam to chope seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    i dun like people who chope seats using tissue
    If you go down to the CBD during lunch time and "accidently" move one packet of tissue paper and settle down to a "nice lunch", then you will be in for horrendous time when the Aunty comes back to her tissue ...
    I think its the lunch time corporate culture in downtown Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by Inimatad View Post
    If you go down to the CBD during lunch time and "accidently" move one packet of tissue paper and settle down to a "nice lunch", then you will be in for horrendous time when the Aunty comes back to her tissue ...
    I think its the lunch time corporate culture in downtown Singapore.
    just denied any knowledge of the Chop tissue.. if u don't move.. i don't think she can do anything, call police? hahaha

anyway blame it on the short lunch hour, and LUNCH HOUR itself, if we all have free and easy lunch time then this wouldn't happen. i always go when lunch is over

Uniquely Singaporeans

maybe can start a collection of "tissue reservation shots".

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza View Post
    it's a culture thing. if all "chope" seats, u won't be left with food in tray looking for seats.
    actually, i do seem to agree with your idea on deeper thought. right now, people are complaining that there are not enuf seats due to this "choping" behaviour. however, if these people break their ethics and chope seats too, i think there might not be an issue anymore, other than foreigners who can't find seats if they dunno about this choping culture. if we think about this mathematically, the time taken to find seats if everyone doesn't chope seats is the same if everyone chope seats, with the difference that one requires the hassle of taking your tray around to find vacant seats. so rather than a selfish culture, it is actually an efficient thing.

so, why not encourage everybody to have this choping behaviour? i personally thing it is ok for a food center since the time to finish the food is pretty fast. however, i definitely hate this behaviour in the library. in that premise, i would really consider it as a selfish act since they are doing it to selfishly retain their seats while they have lunch or some other things.

any comments?

note: this is not a post i am looking to be flamed for. dun flame me ok?
    Last edited by satay16; 7th December 2006 at 04:29 PM.

I find this one of the most annoying things about living in Singapore and it's something that often prevents me from eating in hawker centres and Ikea. I get so frustrated walking around with a tray of food, trying to find somewhere to eat. It usually seems as if half the tables are free but have one person just sat there holding.

A part of me says that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em but I refuse to stoop this low. It would be so much better for everyone if you just sat down when you had your food.

Oh well, lucky I don't eat hawker food that much. But can you imagine how frustrating this is for tourists and it's this sort of negative experience that is taken away and talked about, regardless of the other positive experiences people have.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza View Post
    maybe can start a collection of "tissue reservation shots".
    maybe i will start taking pic of tissue on hawker centre and create a blog ( tissuepaper.blogspot.con ? ) and post daily pic of tissue papers

TOTALLY AGREE with you!

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post

../azul123

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast