Thread: Focus or shaky hands?

Default Focus or shaky hands?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how come the picture below is out of focus?

A) i think this is because of shaky hands? is it? i've got SSS on but the result is the same.

B) i was testing out slow shutter speed. somehow i think that there is focusing problems. how to improve on this?

Default Re: Focus or shaky hands?

1st picture most probably is due to shutter speed too slow beyond your camera to be handheld...have checked the photo data and found it to be 1/8sec...

correct me if i am wrong...

Both shots were problably caused by handshake blur. This is obvious in the first pic as 1/8 of a second is not enough to freeze the action. It looks underexposed as well.

The second pic I assume was shot on a tripod? Maybe the rish of air form the passing vehicles caused some vibrations on the camera? Did you shoot with a mirror-lockup to prevernt the mirror slap vibrations? Perhaps its the 'bloom' of the overexposed lights that makes it look OOF..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by broccoli View Post
    1st picture most probably is due to shutter speed too slow beyond your camera to be handheld...have checked the photo data and found it to be 1/8sec...

correct me if i am wrong...
    I agree

1/8 secs at 70mm focal length is just pushing it... I wouldn't go below 1/60 for such shots...

As for the second, the aperture is only f5.6. This may be the reason why there is a thin DOF, and frankly I don't know which spot you could focus at and still get the picture sharp enough. Try a smaller aperture of say f11 - f16...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

shaky hands is the reason....

get a tripod and your problem solved liao...
    Hope to learn from everyone here....