Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: newbies models photoshoot on 17th of dec

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: newbies models photoshoot on 17th of dec

Just a general comment, not in respect of this shoot in particular, but I noticed that there are very new models starting out offering paid services for organised shoots. That is fine and good, provided that they dont expect to receive any photographs from the shoot itself.

I have seen many examples where new models go "Wah, you mean I have no expereince, yet I can earn $$$, and yet I can make use of this chance to get better photographs of myself to promote myself to get the next paid shoot?".

This is often the case (again a general comment), when you see that organised shoots advertise models using low quality, hp-cam shots. They don't have a proper portfolio and are seeking the chance to earn $$ and yet get a portfolio (have your cake and eat it).

If you ask me, something sounds wrong....

if you can pay, she is willing to pose, i do not see any problem. newbie so wat??? everyone one has their first time rite???

i dun see the reason to talk abt experience etc, i think TS is very peh chek about not registering the shoot but tok useless stuff, lets end this.

TS up for you

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Just a general comment, not in respect of this shoot in particular, but I noticed that there are very new models starting out offering paid services for organised shoots. That is fine and good, provided that they dont expect to receive any photographs from the shoot itself.

I have seen many examples where new models go "Wah, you mean I have no expereince, yet I can earn $$$, and yet I can make use of this chance to get better photographs of myself to promote myself to get the next paid shoot?".

This is often the case (again a general comment), when you see that organised shoots advertise models using low quality, hp-cam shots. They don't have a proper portfolio and are seeking the chance to earn $$ and yet get a portfolio (have your cake and eat it).

Hi Vince, Agree with you... The models should not expect the photographers to provide them any prints unless its a sincere mutual agreement...
    Saiful Bahar - "I don't care what equipment you use... but what you produce"

Quote Originally Posted by saifulbahar View Post

Hi Vince, Agree with you... The models should not expect the photographers to provide them any prints unless its a sincere mutual agreement...
    who dont want money??? if can have photos too is a bonus right..

Please dont take us photographers for idoits, i hope the models( which they like to be called? ). we shoot becourse we want to see the outcome of our photos. if we have already paid, please ( photograhers- dont spoil the market by still GIVING CDS AND PHOTOS!) U are the fool in the end only.

Please have a stand in what we do... a good model do not even need to be ask how to be posed, which i have seen some good ones around here in CS, the rest, cant even smile the correct way, and for those who shoot like no tmr, forget photographery, u r wasting shutter count only.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Yawoo View Post
    I strongly felt that these NEWBIES SO CALLED MODELs should go for TFCD 1st before they actually go for paid shoot.. 1 must really have the looks & figure for them to be a model... If anybody just join the photo shoot & start calling themselves as model,I think that every girls out there can be called models already..
    I can undstd the point Yawoo is driving at. Anyway, since TS is taking the trouble to organize a shoot for these newbie models, why not walk the extra mile and spend some time to take more "presentable" pics of them instead of posting such unflattering snapshots.. I wonder how ur model friends feel when they see themselves in this thread There are models and model-wannabes, and the pics represents the latter

Furthermore, ur messy presentation or advertisement (various colourful font and sizes, ur fishy little nick "fishy" and that cheeky hongkong actor avatar) is not helping either.

As for the standards of the models, its up to individual taste and perferences. Try not to make any criticism on the models, its inappropriate

It is the job of photographers to make ppl look good in photos, but i guess I wouldn't go for a photoshoot that would give me a tough time doing that (based on the photos)

Upz for u

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post

.... thot noone spotted the recent trend ..... some things have changed, bro

thx for all the comments...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by saifulbahar View Post
    Yawoo (DT), you want some more? some more of what? If one does not believe, no amount of theory lessons will be good enough if one does not have an intention to apply it right? Anyways, who am I to give theory lessons/sessions to anyone... and especially to someone like you? I'm just a "newbie".

Anyways, my apology. Had no ill intentions intended when I reply to your initials replies, so I'll end it here.

And to the numberous PM received (you know who you are...), thanks. And thanks also for the advices given.

"Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice"

thanks for ur said prayer... Priest...

Quote Originally Posted by Yawoo View Post
    thanks for ur said prayer... Priest...
    Priest??? Thank you.. thank you... Yes my son Darren... may god bless your soul...
    Saiful Bahar - "I don't care what equipment you use... but what you produce"

Quote Originally Posted by sgvideoman View Post
    I don't think any guys out there will get bored shooting pretty girls.
    If guys will ever get bored seeing pretty girls, then

[1] Men's magazines like FHM, SNAG, Maxim, etc will go out of business
    [2] Organizers in Clubsnap for photo and video shoots will go out of business
    [3] Companies will no longer need to hire models for motor show, big boyz toyz, sitex, comex, pc show, etc etc.
    [4] Posts in the Ready, Lights, Action section will cease (99% of the threads there are on models)
    [5] DSLR and video camera makers will lose over 90% of their revenue (since majority of the buyers buy cameras for shooting models)
    [6] All the models have to quit modeling.
    [7] Cosmetic companies will close down too.
    [8] There will be very little activity in Clubsnap (you will not be able to see the height of traffic seen during motor show and big boy toy)

Talking Re: newbies models photoshoot on 17th of dec

Quote Originally Posted by sgvideoman View Post
    If guys will ever get bored seeing pretty girls, then

[1] Men's magazines like FHM, SNAG, Maxim, etc will go out of business
    [2] Organizers in Clubsnap for photo and video shoots will go out of business
    [3] Companies will no longer need to hire models for motor show, big boyz toyz, sitex, comex, pc show, etc etc.
    [4] Posts in the Ready, Lights, Action section will cease (99% of the threads there are on models)
    [5] DSLR and video camera makers will lose over 90% of their revenue (since majority of the buyers buy cameras for shooting models)
    [6] All the models have to quit modeling.
    [7] Cosmetic companies will close down too.
    [8] There will be very little activity in Clubsnap (you will not be able to see the height of traffic seen during motor show and big boy toy)
    Hmmm,

[1] I don't buy any of these magazines. Those I got were free copies (free stuff are good)
    [2] The problem is, almost all the photoshoots here are female models. No choice ...
    [3] Those cater to those who like to shoot models at a more affordable price ...
    [4] There're lots of other events posted not on models ... Eg, Celebraties (including males), Civil Defence (mine) etc ...
    [5] If you think a DSLR can only be used to shoot models, you're wrong. It can be used for travels, macro, landscape and lots of other type of photography. I did not think I'll shoot so much girls when I decided to buy it, I like to shoot anything ... But shooting girls is reall addictive ...
    [6] Models are not only required for photoshooting. They are also required for fashion design etc etc too ...
    [7] Cosmatic companies don't cater only for pretty girls. Aunties and ah ma(s) use cosmatics too ... What's the point for cosmatics, if the girl is already very pretty and require less enhancement ...
    [8] You probably never visit the other subforums other than Portraits and Poses, Ready, Lights, Action, and ur Videography forums, cos you find did not find those interesting due to the lack of female subjects ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

[1] I don't buy any of these magazines. Those I got were free copies
    Yap, dun see a need. You can easily compile a year subscription using your photos, but minus the words

[2] The problem is, almost all the photoshoots here are female models. No choice ...
    Got no choice ?

[3] Those cater to those who like to shoot models at a more affordable price ...
    It would be more costly when attended on a daily basis

[4] There're lots of other events posted not on models ... Eg, Celebraties (including males), Civil Defence (mine) etc ...

[5] If you think a DSLR can only be used to shoot models, you're wrong. It can be used for travels, macro, landscape and lots of other type of photography. I did not think I'll shoot so much girls when I decided to buy it, I like to shoot anything ... But
    shooting girls is reall addictive

But u shoot more gals than other subjects. Where urs defence ?

[6] Models are not only required for photoshooting. They are also required for fashion design etc etc too ...
    Which ever way, all will end up appearing in ur CF cards

[7] Cosmatic companies don't cater only for pretty girls. Aunties and ah ma(s) use cosmatics too ... What's the point for cosmatics, if the girl is already very pretty and require less enhancement ...
    Ah Ma use cosmetics ? Guess u never look at ah mai b4, at their age. Almost all dun bother abt their looks. I guess u must be suffering from an overdose of twinkle twinkle little stars

[8] You probably never visit the other subforums other than Portraits and Poses, Ready, Lights, Action, and ur Videography forums, cos you find did not find those interesting due to the lack of female subjects ...[/QUOTE]
    Which brings us back to ur mulitply site

[1] I don't buy any of these magazines. Those I got were free copies (free stuff are good)
    Yap, dun see a need. You can easily compile a year subscription using your photos, but minus the words

Got no choice ?
    Got much male model shoots meh?

Choose: $10 whole day shooting with lotsa models vs > $60 per 3hrs photoshoot session with 1 - 5 models

[5] If you think a DSLR can only be used to shoot models, you're wrong. It can be used for travels, macro, landscape and lots of other type of photography. I did not think I'll shoot so much girls when I decided to buy it, I like to shoot anything ... But
    shooting girls is really addictive

There're in some hidden words in white ...

Whichever way, all will end up appearing in ur CF cards
    Everything will appear in my SD cards .

Ah Ma use cosmetics ? Guess u never look at ah mai b4, at their age. Almost all dun bother abt their looks. I guess u must be suffering from an overdose of twinkle twinkle little stars
    Ok, cosmatics for girls who need them ...

[8] You probably never visit the other subforums other than Portraits and Poses, Ready, Lights, Action, and ur Videography forums, cos you find did not find those interesting due to the lack of female subjects ...
    Got many many other sites available such as sggirls, sammyboy and maybe EDMW ...

Quote Originally Posted by GENO View Post
    who dont want money??? if can have photos too is a bonus right..

Please dont take us photographers for idoits, i hope the models( which they like to be called? ). we shoot becourse we want to see the outcome of our photos. if we have already paid, please ( photograhers- dont spoil the market by still GIVING CDS AND PHOTOS!) U are the fool in the end only.

Please have a stand in what we do... a good model do not even need to be ask how to be posed, which i have seen some good ones around here in CS, the rest, cant even smile the correct way, and for those who shoot like no tmr, forget photographery, u r wasting shutter count only.
    Maybe in the end they want to buaya the model lah

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post

Answer:

Got no choice ?

Answer: Response will be very poor (note not zero) if its a male model photo and video shoot.

Choose: $10 whole day shooting with lotsa models vs > $60 per 3hrs photoshoot session with 1 - 5 models

Answer: I would love to go to the Motor Show 2006 every day for 11 days too like some of the CSers here. But logistical difficulties do not permit.

Answer: Viewership will be very poor when the topics have nothing to do with female models. Its always a good habit to check out the VIEWS on the right side of the forum page.

shooting girls is really addictive

Answer:

Answer: If men loses interest in women, the fashion industry will go down too.

Answer: I know a couple of girls who are drop dead gorgeous, but they still spend countless hours on makeup.

Got many many other sites available such as sggirls, sammyboy and maybe EDMW ...

Answer: Check out my multiply site too. See my sig below.
    My replies are stated after "Answer:".

Answer:

Got no choice ?
    Answer: Response will be very poor (note not zero) if its a male model photo and video shoot.
    Don't be surprised with the number of people who will join (if the model is experienced and professional)

Answer: I would love to go to the Motor Show 2006 every day for 11 days too like some of the CSers here. But logistical difficulties do not permit.
    Not logistical, its the effort to do it ... Lazy people won't even bother to go ...

Answer: Viewership will be very poor when the topics have nothing to do with female models. Its always a good habit to check out the VIEWS on the right side of the forum page.
    Those (viewing) may not be accurate ... But anyway, from the posts on the right side ---> it seems that Landscape and Nature are good topics too ... How about female "TIGER !!!"

shooting girls is really addictive ...
    Answer:
    Don't you think so too?

Answer: If men loses interest in women, the fashion industry will go down too.
    Women attend fashion shows too !!! To make their BF / Husband BBB for them !!!

Answer: I know a couple of girls who are drop dead gorgeous, but they still spend countless hours on makeup.
    So, what happens when there's no makeup on them?

Answer: Check out my multiply site too. See my sig below.
    Happy building up your collection ... All those images are making my site slooooooowwwww...

At the end of the day, caveat emptor. If photogeaphers are willing to part with their hard earned cash to join this shoot, so be it. What can I say.

However, of course, I have something to say. Nothing personal against Bell and Jacqueline, but the 2 pictures posted, taken by at best a low res pns, if not a handphone cam, they are horrible pictures, they suck BIG time. These are not pictures anyone who are serious about organising a shoot will use to advertise.

Vince and Geno hit it right on the nail.

Advise to models, you need to get a book/portfolio first before you can expect to earn any money. If you don't have it already done, find an organiser/agent who will hopefully, is willing to help you get one done. TFCD also a way to do it.

Comment to the organiser, please do not take us photographers as fools.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Comment to the organiser, please do not take us photographers as fools.
    i believe tt all de photographers gt their own mindset and they do nt need u to teach them how to see or judge things..one has no right to manipulate others choices...

i dun take any photographers as fools unless or otherwise they themselves feel this way...

Quote Originally Posted by fishy View Post
    i believe tt all de photographers gt their own mindset and they do nt need u to teach them how to see or judge things..one has no right to manipulate others choices...

i dun take any photographers as fools unless or otherwise they themselves feel this way...
    What you believe is unimportant. No one cares. What you are trying to do here in CS is important, and it's utterly disgraceful.

You posted 2 totally amateurish pictures of two girls and try to past them as models. Even newbie models ought to have more decent pictures of them. One of the pictures look as if taken by a hand phone cam. Well, and you are charging photographers to shoot? By charging, you are implying that the model is at the very least professional at some level. Right now, all I see are 2 girls, whom you try to pass as models, probably being shot for the first time.

No one here is trying to manipulate anyone here. At the very least, I am not. I am merely stating the obvious. Are you afraid of the truth? Why? Becasue it's a house of cards waiting to fall?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Deregistered

Saiful Bahar,have u got anything to say ?? come on... theory lesson again.. hahaha...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast