Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Of Photography, Learning Photography, and Deadpoet.

Default Re: Of Photography, Learning Photography, and Deadpoet.

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    This thread is hogging precious bandwidth. I am surprised the Admins let it run this long.
    it's so late at night.. you don't expect admins and mods to be 24hrs online right? if really need immediate action there's always the report bad post function
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    The question for me should be "do I think I need these rules" ...
    then question for u again... do u need to have the urge to post?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunjack View Post
    Is there a rule in clubsnap that states that only images that fit a certain standard can be posted or critiqued?
    I'll rather post bad images for critique than pictures that doesn't need critiques. Unfortunately, for me, my images are lousy... As a newbie, can't be help ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    cheem... 1st thing 1st, did they die and then get famous, or did they get famous before they die? and did they publish them or were they found?
    my apologies. i am not well informed about this. dunno about picasso. van gogh did sell his painting for a living. seems like nobody bought it. he only ever sold one of his work.
    yes he did become famous for his work soon after his death.
    was it such a bad analogy? if so, i apologise. i really mean to say why can't something artistic be posted as suggested against by lightning.

I'll rather post bad images for critique than pictures that doesn't need critiques. Unfortunately, for me, my images are lousy... As a newbie, can't be help ...
    u newbie meh? my DSLR shutter count less than 10k for 2 years... yours? (actually across my photography life too...10k haven reach)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

The question for me should be "do I think I need these rules" ...
    Well that is absolutely up to you. Just like Newton found out the law of nature, he realised that the earth has gravity. So today you decided that this law/rule is silly why should I follow? Then you simply walk of from the roof of a 20th storey building, because you think that such laws are meant to be broken....what is going to happen to you? In photography it is the same. You need to recognise the rules/guidlines, and from there you try to see how you can improve yourself by making slight changes to the rules....just like the Wright Brothers who invented the airplane to counter the law of gravity.

young man I suggest you should think before you write anything or say anything.....just my advice.
    Last edited by lightning; 7th December 2006 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    Well that is absolutely up to you. Just like Newton found out the law of nature, he realised that the earth has gravity. So today you decided that this law/rule is silly why should I follow? Then you simply walk of from the roof of a 20th storey building, because you think that such laws are meant to be broken....what is going to happen to you? In photography it is the same. You need to recognise the rules/guidlines, and from there you try to see how you can improve yourself by making slight changes to the rules....just like the Wright Brothers who invented the airplane to counter the law of gravity.
    Well Said!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaoZi View Post
    my apologies. i am not well informed about this. dunno about picasso. van gogh did sell his painting for a living. seems like nobody bought it. he only ever sold one of his work.
    was it such a bad analogy? if so, i apologise. i really mean to say why can't something artistic be posted as suggested against by lightning.
    i'm not insulted, so u dun have to be apologetic. just stating some ideas.

well, most great art works are discovered after the artist died, great irony rite...

Well that is absolutely up to you. Just like Newton found out the law of nature, he realised that the earth has gravity. So today you decided that this law/rule is silly why should I follow? Then you simply walk of from the roof of a 20th storey building, because you think that such laws are meant to be broken....what is going to happen to you? In photography it is the same. You need to recognise the rules/guidlines, and from there you try to see how you can improve yourself by making slight changes to the rules....just like the Wright Brothers who invented the airplain to counter the law of gravity.

young man I suggest you should think before you write anything or say anything.....just my advice.
    But photography, like art is subjective, it is not governed by scientific rules. Sorry but I do not agree with you.
    Last edited by Gunjack; 7th December 2006 at 01:10 AM.

u newbie meh? my DSLR shutter count less than 10k for 2 years... yours? (actually across my photography life too...10k haven reach)
    Is there a need to compare shutter counts?

Please cool down....
    Its just that different people have different views. I think that both Student and Deadpoet are good critics, and i learn a lot from their comments on other people's work. I always pay extra attention to their comments as they look out for every detail and give their valuable opinions.

History always repeat itself, if u study art history, u'll know that great masters often don't agree with each other. Photography, just like art, is subjective, so don't argue until there's no tomorrow, afterall life is short and its a fact that anger can shorten lifespan, laughter is the best medicine.

Continue to critic and help newbies to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by GaoZi View Post
    There is a diff between bad photography and artistic photography..... I did not mention in any way that artistic photos cannot be posted!

you too pro liao..1 shot 1 kill.. so cannto clock high shutter count.

newbie like me then machine can and get pic by trial and error

Quote Originally Posted by adelynn88 View Post
    Please cool down....
    Its just that different people have different views. I think that both Student and Deadpoet are good critics, and i learn a lot from their comments on other people's work. I always pay extra attention to their comments as they look out for every detail and give their valuable opinions.

History always repeat itself, if u study art history, u'll know that great masters often don't agree with each other. Photography, just like art, is subjective, so don't argue until there's no tomorrow, afterall life is short and its a fact that anger can shorten lifespan, laughter is the best medicine.

Continue to critic and help newbies to improve.
    don't be 2 headed snake and angkat both side bola hor~

Quote Originally Posted by Gunjack View Post
    But photography, like art is subjective, it is not governed by scientific rules. Sorry but I do not agree with you.
    Music is an art as well, and there are also rules and guidelines.....It is definiely okay to disagree.....Have you learn art formally? If you do, you will understand what I mean.... One can only break the rules when they have learnt the rules....just like you have to learn how to walk before you learn how to run...
    Last edited by lightning; 7th December 2006 at 01:15 AM.

Even for scientific rules, why do you think the Wright Brothers invented the airplane to fly.

Yes, walking off from the top of a 20 storey building is hazardous, but is taking a picture different from how others see hazardous?

hi, lightning, photography is a science. just like physics, and airplane. but i think photographs are art. and not constrained by a similar nature of rules.

i'm not insulted, so u dun have to be apologetic. just stating some ideas.

well, most great art works are discovered after the artist died, great irony rite...
    sure is. ha
    but hypothetically, if i'm reputable and pay a lot of money to consume someone's works, (of cos reflecting a certain style), i can make this person's works famous, or minimally catch people's eye. maybe even change how other people comment on his style.

Is there a need to compare shutter counts?
    No need to compare shuttle counts, dun worry too much about it... As long as you continue to improve, it doesnt really matter if you take more or less shuttle count.

There is a diff between bad photography and artistic photography..... I did not mention in any way that artistic photos cannot be posted!
    For this thread, do you think, in your own opinion, any of them (student or dp) posted bad photography (whether within guidelines or not)?

For this thread, do you think, in your own opinion, any of them (student or dp) posted bad photography (whether within guidelines or not)?
    Well I am not refering to them. Just commenting on what you have said...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast