Thread: A40 - Add-ons

Default A40 - Add-ons

Hello!

I am an A40 user and wish to purchase some add ons to aid my photo taking. I have asked similar qns is HWZ (pls bear with me) and hope to get more views from CLubSnap. Thank You!

1) Which model of teleconvertor should i get? If possible, can tell me the 'real' zoom value of the convertor u recommend me?

2) Just curious, what are the common prices for wide-angle lenses
    available for A40?

3) Are W3cube's smart charger reliable and good? OR should i wait for the Mahas they are intending to bring in?

4) What tripods are suitable for A40? Think my preference would be compact and light (but be able to hold my A40 with the add-ons). fyi, i am around 1.75m tall.

5) I will be trying to improve my scenic shots so, that will be my main prority at the moment.

Can you guys reccomend me equipments which will aid me?

I hope reccomendations for all qns i've posted be budget conscious, i am a student and unable to fork out much.

Really appreciate all help! Thanks!

Regards,
    Wryer
    Last edited by Wryer; 7th February 2003 at 08:56 PM.

Please help...
    Really sorry if qn been asked b4..

hahha...just realised my mistake and kena shoot liao, no give chance.

but back to topic, can help?

Heheh
    Me cant help much

BUt im using the stik U6600 tripod.
    Bought from Cathay Photos for $53 + bag.

But you can get it for $45 at Alan Photo.

I purchased a Hoya + 4 close up filter for $14 at CP.
    Its for macro shot.

Bought an OEM 52mm Adaptor from CP as well for $15

Bought a konix polarizer from fotoguide for $26
    Bought a konix UV filter from fotoguide for $8

Think thats about it.

Can other experts help me out here?

he...me no expert la...but talk for some experience?^^+...hahaha...newbie experience.

1) Which model of teleconvertor should i get? If possible, can tell me the 'real' zoom value of the convertor u recommend me?

if u have $$ to spare, i would recommend canon 52mm tc, which is around $169, 2.4x, no vignet even at wide for A40.

if u want cheap and not too bad one, oly c210 is the one. $50 at mustafa. 1.7x

2) Just curious, what are the common prices for wide-angle lenses
    available for A40?

i think i saw someone saying a wide angle is $70 from AP or CP???
    forgot. but i would not recommend vitacon. [still wondering should i sell my vitacon]

3) Are W3cube's smart charger reliable and good? OR should i wait for the Mahas they are intending to bring in?

not sure, cos i using sony, with 1700mah can last abt one whole day! around 200pics! [mostly without flash], so i never follow the crowd and change to higher capacity batt like 2100mah cos i dun feel the need

4) What tripods are suitable for A40? Think my preference would be compact and light (but be able to hold my A40 with the add-ons). fyi, i am around 1.75m tall.

personally I am using slik pro sprint gm, highly recommended! but expensive, around $75 at Ap.
    it is only abt 890gm. I at times will carry my tripod to hiking or oversea so I think it is worth the $$
    it is ball head, but no quick release , u need to buy the plate if u want quick release which cos abt $30 [manfrotto dunno which model..forgot]

else maybe u can try out Slik u6600, 1.1KG, around $45.
    have quick release. 2 way or 3 way pan I forgot.

and other cheaper one is digipod from carrefour I guess....around $20 or less can get

5) I will be trying to improve my scenic shots so, that will be my main prority at the moment.

snap snap snap...and maybe read up some reference material.
    highly recommened books are National Geographic Photography field guide - $50 at kinokuniya

National Geographic Photography - landscape - $35 at kinokuniya if i'm not wrong.

personally I just got the books but how good is it I am not sure yet. If u get to go taiwan or HK ...try buying the chinese version [if u think u can understand, anyway net always have translation], it is cheaper. I got mine from taiwan for total $30 SGD for two book in chinese. if get in HK, I think it is more expensive but shouldn't be more than $50 for both.

a circular PL is also good for taking scenary
    DSLR newbie: 400D + Tamron 18-200mm + 50mm F1.8 (i simply love it!)
    Canon G2

digi~eT. thank u thank u, that was a pretty long post and very informative. thank u for the effort

any one can contribute more and help me out???

Need more opionions/view/help..

thanks!