Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wide-Angle or High ISO which is of greater importance?

Default Re: Wide-Angle or High ISO which is of greater importance?

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    might want to take a look at the panasonic section.
    anyway i think lx2 is at about the 650 price mark.
    wow that a lot lower then i imagine~ and as compared to the LX1 which stay steadily at $999 for somtime.

Quote Originally Posted by polabear_inc View Post
    yup right on the point~ hahaha~ yes indeed the viewfinder is really small, unlike my canon film cameras that i have which at that time boast for it large viewfinders.

btw does anyone have their views or IMO on the Panasonic LX2?? seems promising but i bet the price would be sky-rocket like the LX1.
    Check the Panasonic sub-forum. There are some reviews there.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    I had similar question as u few months back. I also like to shoot with friends during dinner or outing.
    Finally I picked the Fuji F30 instead of the Panasonic wide angle. I observed that, for most compacts the flash power is about 3-5m, even with 28mm wide angle if u shoot a group photo the flash power is still not enough to brighten up the whole group, u tend to move backward a bit more, then the result is still dark, and Panasonic sensor at high ISO cannot perform well. As for Fuji, I can move back a bit more with 35mm and increase ISO to 800, I can still take the group photo and capture the background as well (hence the background not completely dark).
    Is the noise visible at iso 800 or higher if you print 4R photos?

Thanks

For the comapct cmaeras the ISO 800 performace of the fuji is the best of the lot already. You might notice some smudged detailes but other wise i think 4R prints are usable.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12