Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Thread: NO PHOTOGRAPHY - Wheelock Place

Default Re: NO PHOTOGRAPHY - Wheelock Place

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    same like i bring my 50-500 to zoo & bird park... i take out nia, ppl stare (wah lao, not even 300 f2.8 or 600mm f4 lor)

but nice is got some kids walk over & say, Nice Camera!
    whapei ... your look still got ppl want to stare!
    i wonder what'll happen when she takes out her big ones to the zoo & birdpark ... wonder how the buayas will behave ...
    then surely got kids, uncles, ah nei will walk over and say ....Waaa big ones
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    whapei ... your look still got ppl want to stare!
    i wonder what'll happen when she takes out her big ones to the zoo & birdpark ... wonder how the buayas will behave ...
    then surely got kids, uncles, ah nei will walk over and say ....Waaa big ones
    bo pian mah, i not as yandao as u...

unlike u, ah neh go over ask u how much...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by canongrapherL View Post
    er.... the incidents here appears to be related to the DSLR or big cams.

Shoot with camera phones got such problems?
    you can try and see and keep us posted?

Today I experienced unfriendly guard.
    I was in Northbridge, walking past the park where there was a large public event: The screening of the cricket on a big screen with tents and chairs set up.
    I was walking past, on the footpath (not in the Park), took out my camera to take a photograph and the guard shout at me from afar "YO! NO CAMERAS!". I said OK, and walked on.

I just emailed the council to ask if we are allowed to use cameras in Northbridge.
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

I will give the guard a finger, while walking off

meanwhitle taking a shot of him
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Blog Entries

Same with Orchard Cineleisure ........ must be under the same consortium ...............

Maybe the management people had seen the Thai film "Shutterbug" ................
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Soon Singapore is going to be a NO PHOTOGRAPHY CITY...the 1st in the world....just as NO BUBBLE GUM etc. Had the same problem at Marina area during the Canon Marathon, was shooed away by GUARDS at walkway....at Millenia Walk(MW) Sculpture Yard.......even SAM allow photography in some of their show, and MW has the policy of NO PHOTOGRAPHY on their "PUBLIC SCULPTURE''......and was even told not to aim my camera from the sidewalk along the roads around the SACRED WALK.....no amount of argument could get you anywhere with these GUARDS.....but when as in the case of the Molest case in a Shopping Centre...they are not in the position to be involved.....had a similar case at my work place when a Taxi Driver got abusive with 4-letter words......its betw me and him...none of their business.....

I wonder will they stop tourists?

Or shoot with a foreign-looking friend, see who he approach first.

Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    Soon Singapore is going to be a NO PHOTOGRAPHY CITY...the 1st in the world....just as NO BUBBLE GUM etc. Had the same problem at Marina area during the Canon Marathon, was shooed away by GUARDS at walkway....at Millenia Walk(MW) Sculpture Yard.......even SAM allow photography in some of their show, and MW has the policy of NO PHOTOGRAPHY on their "PUBLIC SCULPTURE''......and was even told not to aim my camera from the sidewalk along the roads around the SACRED WALK.....no amount of argument could get you anywhere with these GUARDS.....but when as in the case of the Molest case in a Shopping Centre...they are not in the position to be involved.....had a similar case at my work place when a Taxi Driver got abusive with 4-letter words......its betw me and him...none of their business.....
    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    I wonder will they stop tourists?

Or shoot with a foreign-looking friend, see who he approach first.
    Photographers, we seldom or never stood our ground and challenge them to call the police.

We allow th guards to run us over, we complain here on CS, but have we done anything?:

I am not arguing with the guards, not worth my time, I have challenged them every single time to call the police. Meanwhile, I continue to shoot, got them mad, but everytime, there is nothing they can do.

If I am on public space, I can shoot all I want.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    Nothing new... some high fashion shops at Paragon are very against photography... the ultimate was when I was taking photos with a Point and Shoot outside paragon. I was standing on the main pavement and taking a photo of a foreign friend. Their shop was just in the background. The staff came out and stood in front of the camera and said no photo taking of the shop. I was like huh???? They didnt leave until I left.... Stood in front of the camera like a police officer
    They probably wouldn't do that if you/your friend just made a multi-thousand dollar purchase from their shop.

Anyway, I faced some of the same **** of no photography when I am here overseas. Like "Do I look like a terrorist to you?" . Bah. Like what some have mentioned here, I think all these are just bullsh*t measures. Any real threat would not be coming from someone lugging a tripod and equipment. A cam hp is more than sufficient for capturing useful images for whatever nefarious motives and purposes they may have.

The plaza of Milennia Walk is private land.

Added two more:

A) Photographer-Friendly Buildings
    1. Raffles City
    2. Takashimaya
    3. Suntec City
    4. Marina Square
    5. Vivo-city
    6. Scotts

B) Photographer-Hostile Buildings
    1. Paragon
    2. Wheelock Place
    3. Raffles Hotel
    4. AIA building (not even externally!!!) - damn (to the infinity) security guards told me because it was an American owned company. So what?
    5. Millinia Walk
    6. Gateway Towers (Beach Road)
    7. Bugis Village (Colourful Spiral Staircases)

Quote Originally Posted by Leongfm View Post
    Added two more:

4. AIA building (not even externally!!!) - damn (to the infinity) security guards told me because it was an American owned company. So what?

try them.. 2 local police cars and an american one will descent upon you
    faster than your flash can strobe..
    kena once another american owned establishment..
    overly zealous..imho, we were clicking openly..

u can dye your hair to blond color then u can enter to ....B) Photographer-Hostile Buildings

Quote Originally Posted by Leongfm View Post
    Added two more:

A) Photographer-Friendly Buildings
    1. Raffles City
    2. Takashimaya
    3. Suntec City
    4. Marina Square
    5. Vivo-city
    6. Scotts

B) Photographer-Hostile Buildings
    1. Paragon
    2. Wheelock Place
    3. Raffles Hotel
    5. Millinia Walk
    6. Gateway Towers (Beach Road)
    7. Bugis Village (Colourful Spiral Staircases)

So many encounters with the security guards about "No Photography".

Anyone in the security guards profession would like to post some comments about this issue? What kind of instructions are you been instructed by your boss to handle people taking photos?

We have heard enough of our side of the story, it's about time we hear theirs.....

Quote Originally Posted by wahZe View Post
    Guys,

I was walking along Orchard Road taking some photos of the X'Mas lights... came to Wheelock Place and tried to take a picture of the cone from the inside of the building, was told by a Security Guard that photo taking is not allowed. I asked him to show me where is the sign that says "No Photography", he can't produce the sign, just say that Security says cannot means cannot. I wrote in to the management and they just say "sorry" but we have decided that photo taking "inside" the building is not allowed, but "outside" is ok....and to take photo of the inside of the building, I must write in...

I mean, say what????

Any similar encounters????
    i kena the same problem before, but i still managed to capture a shot of the cone in and out..

try sneaking..

Edit: If there's a will, there's a way.
    Last edited by Feinwerkbau; 17th December 2006 at 04:27 AM.

I just went there hours ago at about 7:20...

I went inside, and snapped a few pix of the cone...then reviewed my shots, and snapped a few again...then changed angle, so I stayed for quite a while, nothing happened...

Quote Originally Posted by photographique View Post
    I just went there hours ago at about 7:20...

I went inside, and snapped a few pix of the cone...then reviewed my shots, and snapped a few again...then changed angle, so I stayed for quite a while, nothing happened...
    maybe the guard still snoring .... nowdays the camera shutter sound remain silent

Quote Originally Posted by netidolweb View Post
    maybe the guard still snoring .... nowdays the camera shutter sound remain silent
    ... ...

The DSLR shutter is so darn loud...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast