Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Travelling oversea with camera equipment

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    495

    Default Re: Travelling oversea with camera equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by totoro17 View Post
    how does monopod looks like? whats the difference between tripod n monopod? what are the advantages of having a monopod?
    a monopod is basically a 1 leg tripod (mono=1, tri=3)... used for situations where u have nothing to lean on, and need to take slightly longer exposures... good thing is, monopods don't have very large footprints, so u can set it up almost everywhere, and it's very light and easy to use...

    however, it cannot match the stability of a proper tripod, so it can't be used for taking super long exposures..
    Canon EOS 30D w/ grip 580EX, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S 10-22mm
    :bsmilie:

  2. #62
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Travelling oversea with camera equipment

    for eg. dark scenes or night scenary need pretty long exposure..

  3. #63

    Default Re: Travelling oversea with camera equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    i bought tecnet travel insurance covering 1k for PG gear.. if my spouse were to buy also, that will be 2k coverage..
    i believe u meant this:
    http://www.tenetinsurance.com/person...J_Benefits.jpg

    i used to carry tripod on board, but now that security is so tight, can't even bring mineral water on board, i dunno still can carry tripod on board or not

  4. #64
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Travelling oversea with camera equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by quekky View Post
    i believe u meant this:
    http://www.tenetinsurance.com/person...J_Benefits.jpg

    i used to carry tripod on board, but now that security is so tight, can't even bring mineral water on board, i dunno still can carry tripod on board or not
    oh yeah.. i bought the elite plan for 2 pax. safety is paramount to flight.. so cant blame the authorities.. think extra care must be taken to pack the tripod.. luggage must be big and layers of bubble pak needed as well if we cant bring it hand carry...

  5. #65

    Default Re: Travelling oversea with camera equipment

    hmm.. sorry i haven't taken flights in a long long time, but any problems when the staff load ur hand-carried camera bag onto the overhead? was thinking if it will slide around during the flight
    Nikon D80 kit | Nikkor AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED
    flickr gallery

  6. #66

    Default Re: Travelling oversea with camera equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    oh yeah.. i bought the elite plan for 2 pax. safety is paramount to flight.. so cant blame the authorities.. think extra care must be taken to pack the tripod.. luggage must be big and layers of bubble pak needed as well if we cant bring it hand carry...
    I think the tripod will surivive crashes or manhandling of the luggages by gorrilas.

    Bubble wrapped tripod inside a suitecase? Can anything be more kasu then that?

    Quote Originally Posted by huoyun View Post
    hmm.. sorry i haven't taken flights in a long long time, but any problems when the staff load ur hand-carried camera bag onto the overhead? was thinking if it will slide around during the flight
    Actually, I think you hold the camera bag in your arms to protect the delicate equiment inside from being damaged by the vibration of the airplane.



    Relax guys. Dont let these things stressed you out. Btw, how many laptops are being stowed away in the overhead compartment each day? They survived and so will your camera.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  7. #67
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Travelling oversea with camera equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I think the tripod will surivive crashes or manhandling of the luggages by gorrilas.

    Bubble wrapped tripod inside a suitecase? Can anything be more kasu then that?
    not kiasu, its a normal.. go there wif empty bag.. no shopping goods to support the tripod.. my wife will fill it up during the trip and i can do without the bubble pack liao..

    i would prefer to hand carry it in, n put it overhead.. wonder if the security guards allows me to hand carry it or not..

  8. #68

    Default Re: Travelling oversea with camera equipment

    they may let you hand carry if you have the tripod in a bag. However, if travellingto the US, no way.

    think about it like this, if your empty suitcase stood up to the pounding, your tripod should also inside the confine and protection of the suit case right? A tripod is built for abuse.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  9. #69
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Travelling oversea with camera equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    they may let you hand carry if you have the tripod in a bag. However, if travellingto the US, no way.

    think about it like this, if your empty suitcase stood up to the pounding, your tripod should also inside the confine and protection of the suit case right? A tripod is built for abuse.
    US remember 911.. i hope not to overabuse my tripod too much.. hehe.. bumps and knocks still acceptable..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •