Thread: Backup camera

Question Backup camera

Hi members,I am amature photographer for events,I use a standard 14-54 lens with external flash on my camera to shoot,I need your views for I want to get a backup camera any brand which can shoot in low light with minimum noise and to consider a lens may be a zoom lens 200 mm.Why I need a backup? its for candid shots where by I need not change lens and its very stressful to change lens during event shooting.What I am looking for a camera which is compact and must be a dslr.Thanks,all suggestions are most welcome!

Default Re: Backup camera

I think it's a 14-45mm lens, yes? If so, I guess you're using an Olympus system? Stick to Olympus DSLR then. Maybe a 2nd hand E-1/E-300?
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Yes,its 14-54mm zuiko lens,but the olys produce noise at 800 iso,and to buy a 200mm lens zuiko its too expensive for a backup and its hard to come for a 2nd, the E 1 is good but its bulky to carry around for a backup!I am looking for a small dlsr,with choice for 2nd zoom lens.

Quote Originally Posted by thevar View Post
    Yes,its 14-54mm zuiko lens,but the olys produce noise at 800 iso,and to buy a 200mm lens zuiko its too expensive for a backup and its hard to come for a 2nd, the E 1 is good but its bulky to carry around for a backup!I am looking for a small dlsr,with choice for 2nd zoom lens.

since u have the high grade ZD14-54, will u consider std grade 18-180mm? small n light

Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post
    since u have the high grade ZD14-54, will u consider std grade 18-180mm? small n light
    ok with the lens,but during events I cant be changing lens,to add on, oly cameras are not suitable for low light.I need a camera compact dslr to carry around with my oly the key camera,the backup camera for candid shots.