Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 231

Thread: imac vs pc graphics

  1. #141

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    help me out on this one guys.

    http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...hs1&l=en&s=dhs

    i checked out the specs, i think the response time not that great?
    30 inch a bit too big.if i do get it, i reckon i'll have to sit further back to do PS.

    i use my com for photoshopping, spreadsheets, and occasionally games.

    looking at the 24 inch.

    help help!
    good or not?worth getting or not?

    Yo pal, long time no talk with you liao... Now looking at 30"???? you are really going too fast liao... I got a friend using the 26" TV as his monitor and in no time he gave up and go back to 19" instead Sometime... the size does matter.

  2. #142

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by jasongcp View Post
    Yo pal, long time no talk with you liao... Now looking at 30"???? you are really going too fast liao... I got a friend using the 26" TV as his monitor and in no time he gave up and go back to 19" instead Sometime... the size does matter.
    why he downgrade?
    but like some guys said b4 in this thread, tv cannot be used as monitor mah.

  3. #143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    help me out on this one guys.

    http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...hs1&l=en&s=dhs

    i checked out the specs, i think the response time not that great?
    30 inch a bit too big.if i do get it, i reckon i'll have to sit further back to do PS.

    i use my com for photoshopping, spreadsheets, and occasionally games.

    looking at the 24 inch.

    help help!
    good or not?worth getting or not?
    don think you will need a fast response LCD unless you are serious about gaming/video editing... etc

  4. #144

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    why he downgrade?
    but like some guys said b4 in this thread, tv cannot be used as monitor mah.
    the main problem is he claimed he was suffering from neckache..he has to turn his neck all over the place to search for icons....

  5. #145

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    don think you will need a fast response LCD unless you are serious about gaming/video editing... etc
    i need.when i play FPS games...

  6. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    help me out on this one guys.

    http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...hs1&l=en&s=dhs

    i checked out the specs, i think the response time not that great?
    30 inch a bit too big.if i do get it, i reckon i'll have to sit further back to do PS.

    i use my com for photoshopping, spreadsheets, and occasionally games.

    looking at the 24 inch.

    help help!
    good or not?worth getting or not?

    it's good. juz make sure ur graphics card has DVI interface & supports that rez (1920 x 1200 60Hz).

    from the specs, it can display the full 16.7mil colours (true 8 bit panels) & the response time is decent enuf for most work.

    i also checked the apple 23" display (no 24" from mac), it has the same standard DVI interface. so if u r really keen, can buy also & use it on ur PC, no need to get a mac juz for the LCD.

    hope this helps.

  7. #147

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    it's good. juz make sure ur graphics card has DVI interface & supports that rez (1920 x 1200 60Hz).

    from the specs, it can display the full 16.7mil colours (true 8 bit panels) & the response time is decent enuf for most work.

    i also checked the apple 23" display (no 24" from mac), it has the same standard DVI interface. so if u r really keen, can buy also & use it on ur PC, no need to get a mac juz for the LCD.

    hope this helps.
    u mean i can get the mac lcd screen for my pc ah?

    sigh...now that i thinking of changing to a 24 incher, must go see if my graphics card can suuport.doh

  8. #148
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics


  9. #149

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    no point paying for an apple display if you are not using a mac.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  10. #150
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    no point paying for an apple display if you are not using a mac.
    only the best for jeanie

  11. #151

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    only the best for jeanie

  12. #152
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    then consider this

    the ultimate in high end displays

  13. #153

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    what's a good graphics card now?

    as said, for games and ps.
    maybe gog SLS later.
    need info now

  14. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    what's a good graphics card now?

    as said, for games and ps.
    maybe gog SLS later.
    need info now
    not good, but BEST = 8800 GTX (single GPU).

  15. #155

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    what's a good graphics card now?

    as said, for games and ps.
    maybe gog SLS later.
    need info now

    i'm currently using the nvidia 7600GT 256MB & it cost $200. casual gaming & PS is overkill already. btw, its a PCI-E card, if u r using the older AGP graphics, u can get a good card to support that hi rez for about the same price too.

    happy shopping.


    (ps. i really dun see any diff with mac display vs non-mac. last time i went to wheelock place, the mac shop has samsung LCD & MS 2 button mouse for demo. the samsung LCD didn't look bad at all & its not those hi end ones.)

  16. #156

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Guys just another question. Sony launch their first HD 1080 LCD TV, does it make any difference for the usage of that as computer monitor? As of a TV I must say I am impressed..

  17. #157

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    i like ibm ::

  18. #158

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Where is the best place to get an iMac? Is it on ww.apple.cpm.sg Store?

    Tia!

  19. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Without a doubt, SGL Marketing. I got both my iBook G4 and Macbook Pro from there. Very nice service by the lady owner and of course most importantly, better pricing than your apple stores.

  20. #160

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    i need to come back to this thread for more advice.

    http://store.apple.com/1800-MY-APPLE...lS35Og4/3.?p=0

    looking at the 24 inch.
    is the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 128MB SDRAM, 2.16GHZ processor and 1GB mem good enough for CS2 and LR applications?
    good as in NO LAG.

    and WHERE is a good place to buy it.are all mac controlled price or can i get it cheaper somethere.

    please advise.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •