Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 231

Thread: imac vs pc graphics

  1. #181
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i dont need cs3.if i buy,what's gonna happen to my cs2?
    buy the upgrade lor

    CS2 -> CS3 upgrade

    CS3 will run natively on x86

  2. #182
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    1GB ram?my computer now running 4GB ram i also still find not enough!

    160GB HDD is a joke.i need at least 1TB from now onwards since i'm moving towards RAW.
    how?
    buy base and add on DIY, much cheaper
    with the iMac your upgrade options are limited
    with the Mac Pro you still have 6 more RAM slots
    and 3 more HDD bays

    wah lau eh, look at the bigger picture

  3. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    2,567

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    But then hor, another alternative is to DIY a Quad core processor that Intel came out with.

    In the end will be cheaper and perform faster and better than the Mac Pro for the same price.

  4. #184
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    But then hor, another alternative is to DIY a Quad core processor that Intel came out with.

    In the end will be cheaper and perform faster and better than the Mac Pro for the same price.
    hardware wise i agree,
    but the difference is the OS
    and everything that comes with it

  5. #185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    hardware wise i agree,
    but the difference is the OS
    and everything that comes with it
    no diff leh. i installed the macOS on my laptop & didn't find mac runs better or graphics looks better. (didn't noticed it on the MB either, & found my laptop screen much brighter & clearer)







    in fact after i bot the office 04 STE, i realised that there's nothing i want to run on mac that i can't run on XP better/cheaper. the XP office STE cost $180 & mac ver cost $270. CS3 beta ending soon & Safari is not rendering many websites correctly, that explains the firefox. mac better meh? really can't feel it, but more exp that's for sure. keeping this setup juz for documents done on the mac, for the formatting will go hey-wire if open with XP.

  6. #186
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    well. my specs are comparable to a PowerPC anytime thou.

    blazing fast and i can run PSCS2 and 3 other adobe softwares without hanging and slowing down in performance.

    if u want real juice and real power computer.

    prepare 20k, and u will get the world's most advanced pc yet.

    but not running itanium. but it has 16 processors.

  7. #187
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    no diff leh. i installed the macOS on my laptop & didn't find mac runs better or graphics looks better. (didn't noticed it on the MB either, & found my laptop screen much brighter & clearer)

    in fact after i bot the office 04 STE, i realised that there's nothing i want to run on mac that i can't run on XP better/cheaper. the XP office STE cost $180 & mac ver cost $270. CS3 beta ending soon & Safari is not rendering many websites correctly, that explains the firefox. mac better meh? really can't feel it, but more exp that's for sure. keeping this setup juz for documents done on the mac, for the formatting will go hey-wire if open with XP.
    not that kind of tech specs things

    colour management, intregration, ease of use blah blah blah
    style, cool, sexy blah blah blah

  8. #188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    2,567

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    not that kind of tech specs things

    colour management, intregration, ease of use blah blah blah
    style, cool, sexy blah blah blah
    Please tell me more about colour management and intregration in Macs.

    Especially why is ease of use better in Macs than in Windows?

    Asking because I really want to know.

  9. #189
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    Please tell me more about colour management and intregration in Macs.

    Especially why is ease of use better in Macs than in Windows?

    Asking because I really want to know.
    Hmm.. Tell me more too.

  10. #190
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    the answer

  11. #191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Why need 1TB just because you shoot RAW?

    Practice better workflow and archiving, and you woudln't even need 60GB. For me, I move everything off my system onto DVDs once I'm doing converting and editing for that particular shoot's photos.

  12. #192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Need to run windoze software from time-to-time but you are a die-hard mac fan? Heh. Use Parallels Desktop. I quite like it. Serves my needs reasonably well.

  13. #193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    2,567

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    But you will still be prone to viruses because you're still running a XP/Vista OS.

    Would I be right to make that assumption?

  14. #194
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    But you will still be prone to viruses because you're still running a XP/Vista OS.

    Would I be right to make that assumption?
    There is always an option to separate the pc from internet to minimize the risk.
    Last edited by jnet6; 7th March 2007 at 01:34 PM.

  15. #195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    2,567

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6 View Post
    There is always and option to separate the pc from internet to minimize the risk.
    My point exactly.

    For the price of one MBP or MP, I can get two PCs and have one connected to the internet and the other used solely for application work.

  16. #196
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    My point exactly.

    For the price of one MBP or MP, I can get two PCs and have one connected to the internet and the other used solely for application work.
    I'm slowly moving into that... hehe...

  17. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Why need 1TB just because you shoot RAW?

    Practice better workflow and archiving, and you woudln't even need 60GB. For me, I move everything off my system onto DVDs once I'm doing converting and editing for that particular shoot's photos.
    u will CONFIRM need more than 1TB if you shoot like yilishengxian. I mean , cover events.

    else, backup to DVD lor.

  18. #198
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    Please tell me more about colour management and intregration in Macs.

    Especially why is ease of use better in Macs than in Windows?

    Asking because I really want to know.
    I like Expose. make switching of apps very fast. I find Windows alt-tab or clicking on the taskbar very slow.

    Me config my middle mouse as Expose, very convenient loh.

  19. #199

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    I have both Mac and PC at home. The thing is that... I tends to use the Mac more than the PC... the ratio is like 9:1..

    Just feel great using the Mac... The biggest turnoff of the PC... it takes about 3-4 mins to boot up on my PC... but it takes no more than 30secs on the Mac...

    BC

  20. #200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    2,567

    Default Re: imac vs pc graphics

    Sorry to say that so far, not that really impressed with OSX.

    The website provided says nothing about intregration nor colour management.

    It is just a sales brochure.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •