Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83

Thread: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    495

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Quote Originally Posted by bangkuangz View Post
    Sorry for digging the old thread, does anyone have a comparison of a picture taken with the cloud one versus the clear one .. CP did not allow me to try it first as it is all in the packaging ... (I know that the one is warmer than the other but I guess a picture will help a lot) ..
    Really? they should have allowed.. coz they let me try both.. but maybe coz i was buying my flash at the same time so they wanted to make the deal...
    i didn't save the test shots i did, but in the end i took the clear one coz i want something that's more versatile.. the cloud one produces warmer skin tones - definitely better for indoor shots. HOWEVER, i was unable to test it outdoors, and i was afraid that it might color some of my shots. also in taking big groups u'd go for the clear.. cloud lowers light output about 1-2 stops...

    just a mention.. while gary always uses the dome when the ceiling is low, in practice, u gotta experiment. I find that in most cases, when there isn't a reflecting surface to the left of the subject, the lightsphere will cause side shadows with the dome on, coz too much light goes forward.. mostly i use it without the dome and it works fine...

  2. #42

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelfin View Post
    Really? they should have allowed.. coz they let me try both.. but maybe coz i was buying my flash at the same time so they wanted to make the deal...
    i didn't save the test shots i did, but in the end i took the clear one coz i want something that's more versatile.. the cloud one produces warmer skin tones - definitely better for indoor shots. HOWEVER, i was unable to test it outdoors, and i was afraid that it might color some of my shots. also in taking big groups u'd go for the clear.. cloud lowers light output about 1-2 stops...

    just a mention.. while gary always uses the dome when the ceiling is low, in practice, u gotta experiment. I find that in most cases, when there isn't a reflecting surface to the left of the subject, the lightsphere will cause side shadows with the dome on, coz too much light goes forward.. mostly i use it without the dome and it works fine...
    Hmm I thought for outdoor Gary suggest to point it straight toward the object? If that is the case, won't clear or cloud will have the same effect as the light that matter is the one that go through the dome versus the side? Paiseh, the doom for both is the same right?

  3. #43

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelfin View Post
    Really? they should have allowed.. coz they let me try both.. but maybe coz i was buying my flash at the same time so they wanted to make the deal...
    i didn't save the test shots i did, but in the end i took the clear one coz i want something that's more versatile.. the cloud one produces warmer skin tones - definitely better for indoor shots. HOWEVER, i was unable to test it outdoors, and i was afraid that it might color some of my shots. also in taking big groups u'd go for the clear.. cloud lowers light output about 1-2 stops...

    just a mention.. while gary always uses the dome when the ceiling is low, in practice, u gotta experiment. I find that in most cases, when there isn't a reflecting surface to the left of the subject, the lightsphere will cause side shadows with the dome on, coz too much light goes forward.. mostly i use it without the dome and it works fine...
    I was wondering. If you use without the dome, wouldnt it be just like a direct bounce flash without diffuser since most of the light travel upwards. I am mentioning this because I find that the effect of shooting without dome, you still get quite a bit of shadow especially if the person is wearing glasses. Any thoughts on that?

  4. #44

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Didnt know theres two type of LS.. anyways, the price is still the same as months back..hai..
    thought of getting it but at $90, thinking twice..

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    I'm also considering getting the clear @ $90. Any most users recommended that its a gd investment despite the hefty price tag.

  6. #46

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Quote Originally Posted by duallies View Post
    Didnt know theres two type of LS.. anyways, the price is still the same as months back..hai..
    thought of getting it but at $90, thinking twice..
    make ur own lor!! hahaha....if not make mr fong happy lor

  7. #47
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    I was thinking of getting a clear lightsphere but then i thought the 'Flip it' (http://www.dembflashdiffusers.com/) might be a better deal.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

  8. #48

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b View Post
    I was thinking of getting a clear lightsphere but then i thought the 'Flip it' (http://www.dembflashdiffusers.com/) might be a better deal.
    So what would u be getting?

  9. #49

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b View Post
    I was thinking of getting a clear lightsphere but then i thought the 'Flip it' (http://www.dembflashdiffusers.com/) might be a better deal.
    link wont load.. damn starhub!!!

  10. #50
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    So what would u be getting?
    http://www.dembflashdiffusers.com/ at $50++ is better than GFLS at $90 leh...
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

  11. #51

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System


  12. #52

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    1 thing I dun understand.. It says the chrome dome is effective for the cloud model only. But the pic shows the clear model. Or pls correct me. The transparent-looking LS is the Clear rite? And the opaque white one is the Cloud?

  13. #53

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    1 thing I dun understand.. It says the chrome dome is effective for the cloud model only. But the pic shows the clear model. Or pls correct me. The transparent-looking LS is the Clear rite? And the opaque white one is the Cloud?
    ya, translucent is cloud type.

    i think for illustration purpose, they use the clear model to see how the chromedome fits into the LS.

  14. #54

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    anyone has pics shot with chromedome and amber dome?

    i wonder if they really make a difference?

    i have both the cloud and clear, but am thinking should i get the accesories.

  15. #55

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Hi Jeanie,

    Do u find a big difference between the Cloud and Clear version? I understand the Clear version has less light cut off and the Cloud is more suitable for portraits.

    I have the Clear one but I am doubtful if I should splurge so much more money on another Cloud one + the new Chrome.

  16. #56

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Hi Jeanie,

    Do u find a big difference between the Cloud and Clear version? I understand the Clear version has less light cut off and the Cloud is more suitable for portraits.

    I have the Clear one but I am doubtful if I should splurge so much more money on another Cloud one + the new Chrome.

    ya.clear one allows more light.but honestly, it's not alot more.MAX is 1 stop IIRC.
    prob with these LS is that you have to up the flash output.else all the pics will come out underexp.
    i actually prefer a bounce card.but since i bought both, and now the chromedome looks interesting, but i'm not sure if i want to get it.

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Those who are buying the amber or chrome, remember to bring your cloud sphere along...the QC is really not that good for the parts to fit perfectly...I've tried a few of them, especially the amber one, so loose...the chrome one I got lucky and got it tight the first time so even though some of the silver chrome is peeling off at the side (cathay photo show me several ones all like that), I'm happy with that liao...nowadays things are not made that perfect anymore...

    The amber one as long as it fits and don't drop off after a few hard shakes you should be happy already. Afterall u don't point them down a lot also. If u insist, be prepared to stand there an hour to try all not forgetting the staff will give u the "cathay look"

    PS : Those that use stofen, dun u find it getting too loose nowadays? My Canon 550 used to fit so tight until you cannot remove them without a struggle and I like to leave it on to protect the front. My 580 always drop off...that is why I end up with the bulkier LS. Any one tried shrinking it with success? I still love my stofen...

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    卧龙岗
    Posts
    2,736

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    may i know how much is the amber or the chrome accessories ? hmm.

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    i dun think they give me discount but the amber price tag is $28 and the chrome $75...I didn't know the chrome was so expensive when I tested it...if u need it, I think getting from US maybe cheaper (either 1). Just chip in your main parcel as they r feather weight but take up a bit of space.

  20. #60

    Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

    Wow in that case I tink I wont get the chrome or amber cos for that I will have to buy the Cloud. Everything added in it will be so ex. (Gary Fong really earns a lot from this!)

    If Clear can do the job with more light output than the Cloud alone, I don't see why I should get the Chrome to increase the output for the Cloud!!! Not logical.

    As for Amber, may be useful but I doubt I will use it often.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •