Thread: Anyone using PPC here?

Default Anyone using PPC here?

Im currently looking at Acer N311 PPC when I saw it at Sitex. Costs: $499. Free 1gb card, leather casing and screen protector.

Is it worth to buy for that PPC? Hmm.. Dont intend to get a PDA as I fear that if it lies at the hospital, I wun have anything to use at all.

Default Re: Anyone using PPC here?

get the hp landscape-orientation pocket pc...looks good haha.
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

which one are u referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by josho View Post
    which one are u referring to?
    HP rx4700 i believe.

actually, all devices later then Windows Mobile 2003 SE can do landscape orientation with just 1 click =)

currently with the free wireless in sg programs,i think sale for PPC will hot up.

Dell is good. Cos got dedicated video processor and most importantly can accept CF cards. Big screen also good for viewing pictures...... and videos. Good for long trips. After sales also good if you take the higher warranty package, cos they will come to your place to collect your spoilt device and send it back to your doorstep.

I'm considering selling my X50V if u wana buy. He he. Still got nearly at least 1.5 years warranty with extra batt.

Quote Originally Posted by dr34mc4st3r View Post
    get the hp landscape-orientation pocket pc...looks good haha.
    the 699 one with GPS look kinda kool...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Oh... landscape orientation. Acer N311 also can do it.. Its so damn light... But Im still considering abt that... and the dopod D810... Sigh... why I love gadget so much. haha

Im currently looking at Acer N311 PPC when I saw it at Sitex. Costs: $499. Free 1gb card, leather casing and screen protector.

Is it worth to buy for that PPC? Hmm.. Dont intend to get a PDA as I fear that if it lies at the hospital, I wun have anything to use at all.
    Agree with you Josho.

I have 2 ex PDA , both lies in hospital and never come out due to replacement cost. But then again, it applies to alot of electronic gadget.

Oh... landscape orientation. Acer N311 also can do it.. Its so damn light... But Im still considering abt that... and the dopod D810... Sigh... why I love gadget so much. haha
    After using landscape for a while , i find it is really a pain in the a**.

Hx4700 still has one of the bigger screens for PDS on the market for a model that's about 2 years old. I'm using it for the past year, and have been very happy about it.

I am using the N311. Bought it when they first launched @$535 with 512mb sd card. It stays in my shirt pocket when I listen to mp3. Light and small with 3.7" screen. Bluetooth and wifi when I need to retrieve email. Can connect to compact drive, ext hdd or card reader too. However, the SD transfer is pretty slow...... It's not SDHC compatible. I am using the 4gb 150X SD card.

PPC is the OS running on the PDA.. in short you can say PPC is also a PDA. So what do you mean by land in hospital?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

In case if the PDA Phone is not working and had to send for repair.

oooohhh.. PDA phone.. i'm using one and haven't got myself into any of the situation yet.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    the 699 one with GPS look kinda kool...
    buy for ur car. gps navigation
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

GPS has been for a while already not necessary must get a PDA... a Smartphone will do just fine. I had GPS on my O2 Smartphone and loaded with GPS Singapore map and also it runs several .avi movies like Shawshank Redemption, Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy on the Smartphone.

I have used the HP Hx4700 2 years back, I think it is good if you have very good eyesight to fully use the VGA screen. Now I am currently using iPAQ rx3715 PDA, loaded with the GPS Singapore map and many more .avi movies only difference between a Smartphone and a PDA is the physical size, plus the PDA can load more external memory than a Smartphone device.

Smartphone does not have a Wifi capable one yet, well at least I haven't found one yet. With this free Wireless@sg being rolled out I agree that PDA will once again be a hot item.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Smartphone does not have a Wifi capable one yet, well at least I haven't found one yet. With this free Wireless@sg being rolled out I agree that PDA will once again be a hot item.

../azul123
    Got lah Zul. Dopod w577 has built-in Wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post
    Got lah Zul. Dopod w577 has built-in Wifi.
    Yup you are right, thanks John... you should know the latest, no one here or even in PPCSG knows more about PDA than you.

Long time no see... Been a while since I log on to PPCSG.

My 2 cents... if want to take advantage of Wireless@sg free service, the mobile Phone screen too small liow, PDA screen still better suited.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Yup you are right, thanks John... you should know the latest, no one here or even in PPCSG knows more about PDA than you.

Long time no see... Been a while since I log on to PPCSG.

My 2 cents... if want to take advantage of Wireless@sg free service, the mobile Phone screen too small liow, PDA screen still better suited.

../azul123
    No lah. Nowaday also dun post much there. Want to spend more time going out shooting