Thread: photostory and printers

Default photostory and printers

hi all,

has anyone heard of the "photostory" thing that fotohub is selling? basically its like a coffeetable book they print and bind pics for you for like $270 or more if you're not a member.

anyway, i'm kinda aghast at the price which i believe is pretty overkill.
    just would like some advice on:
    1. entry level printer that can print a4 (or a3) borderless. speed is not a concern, looking for one with individual ink tanks like the basic canons.
    2. anyone have any idea what is the ink cost (excluding media) for a 4r picture? different salesmen keep on quoting me different prices. (which is suspect all marked down)
    3. good book binding services around?

thanks!

Default Re: photostory and printers

Quote Originally Posted by allsmilez View Post
    hi all,

has anyone heard of the "photostory" thing that fotohub is selling? basically its like a coffeetable book they print and bind pics for you for like $270 or more if you're not a member.

anyway, i'm kinda aghast at the price which i believe is pretty overkill.
    just would like some advice on:
    1. entry level printer that can print a4 (or a3) borderless. speed is not a concern, looking for one with individual ink tanks like the basic canons.
    2. anyone have any idea what is the ink cost (excluding media) for a 4r picture? different salesmen keep on quoting me different prices. (which is suspect all marked down)
    3. good book binding services around?

thanks!
    Its cheap if u compare to quality album makers like albums australia.

Fotohub's fotostory does a full flushed 20x10 image for a 10x10 album. Don't think you would be able to do a 20 x 10 in print out on a 11.7in x 16.5in A3 printer. Also don't think much book binders will be willing to add the cardboard backing for you when binding the book.