View Poll Results: Who is Qualified Enough?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Been in CS for a long time with many posts

    1 1.27%
  • People who are good photographers themselves

    18 22.78%
  • Does not need to be a good photographer, but has a keen eye for detail

    15 18.99%
  • Does not need to be a good photographer, but has a keen eye for detail and friendly commenting

    18 22.78%
  • Does not need to be a good photographer, but has a keen eye for detail and very direct in commenting

    27 34.18%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 232

Thread: Who is qualified enough to give critic

  1. #201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    I am making one assumption here, that this thread has a lot to do with norloke's "Yuki".

    Where in that thread did you get the notion that he felt that his picture was great? See posts #115,128, 136, 170, 178, 264, 266, 273.

    Basically in these various posts, norloke said that he wanted to express his ideas his way. In several posts he admitted to several problems he had.
    U suddenly become historian...

    actually, i'm still human, with a normal human brain, with normal human instinct... so a thread like this appear... how not to associate with that thread? maybe u might wanna explain to me y was it not associated instead...

    besides the point, i dunno how come u can do search so fast with every post in mind... really take my hats off u... but then again, i dun wanna argue with u, cos its tiring lah... going thru that 16 pages is hell... y not u answer my last question, at least still fresh in my mind...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  2. #202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    U suddenly become historian...

    actually, i'm still human, with a normal human brain, with normal human instinct... so a thread like this appear... how not to associate with that thread? maybe u might wanna explain to me y was it not associated instead...

    besides the point, i dunno how come u can do search so fast with every post in mind... really take my hats off u... but then again, i dun wanna argue with u, cos its tiring lah... going thru that 16 pages is hell... y not u answer my last question, at least still fresh in my mind...
    forget it DCA, there's more to life than worthless sparring of words inside a virtual environment that seems bigger than life, isn't it?

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    forget it DCA, there's more to life than worthless sparring of words inside a virtual environment that seems bigger than life, isn't it?
    yup yup... tats y i moving on... hehe... i see flame i run... me scared fire now...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #204

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    actually, i'm still human, with a normal human brain, with normal human instinct... so a thread like this appear... how not to associate with that thread? maybe u might wanna explain to me y was it not associated instead...
    Of course it is associated. It is just a way of writing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    besides the point, i dunno how come u can do search so fast with every post in mind... really take my hats off u... but then again, i dun wanna argue with u, cos its tiring lah... going thru that 16 pages is hell... y not u answer my last question, at least still fresh in my mind...
    Did I dodge questions? No, because the answers were already given. Just that I do not like to give direct answers.

    Why can I do search so "fast"? Actually not fast. But you have no idea what kind of training I had, the work I used to do, and am doing now.
    Last edited by student; 5th December 2006 at 05:57 PM.

  5. #205

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    yup yup... tats y i moving on... hehe... i see flame i run... me scared fire now...
    Don't worry!

    The flames will NOT come anywhere near you!
    Last edited by student; 5th December 2006 at 05:58 PM.

  6. #206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    and since there are so much unhappiness over comments made over one another's works, why don't we ask the admin to put in black and white in the rules and regulations that NO COMMENTS NOR CRITIQUE IS ALLOWED inside CS and have the Critique Corner closed down. everyone will also only need to say the pictures are like that because that is what he/she wants, and since only the maker of the picture understands the way the pictures work, if a viewer likes it, a comment like 'nice' or 'i like' will be most appropriate, and if the viewer cannot understand nor appreciate the picture maker's artistic inclination, the viewer shall be asked to remain silent.

    happy ending
    Last edited by eikin; 5th December 2006 at 05:55 PM.

  7. #207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    Of course it is associated. It is just a way of writing.



    Did I dodge questions? No, because the answers were already given. Just that I do not like to give direct answers.

    Why can I so search so "fast"? Actually not fast. But you have no idea what kind of training I had, the work I used to do, and am doing now.
    u confusing me again... oh well...

    *can i move on* u won't tell me to move my si lang tao rite...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #208
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    wah!
    you all,
    not finished yet!!!???

    yawn.......

    never ending discussion

    in the near future it will surface again and again
    want to post must accept C&C

    no matter if the C&C is good or not
    it is up to you the poster to filtre the good from the bad

  9. #209
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nee Soon
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Aiyah, just send your critiques by PM to the poster can oredi. Case closed.

  10. #210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Aiyah, just send your critiques by PM to the poster can oredi. Case closed.
    great idea

    so let's make CS a 'nice' place where 'i like' yah?

  11. #211

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    no matter if the C&C is good or not
    it is up to you the poster to filtre the good from the bad
    You are absolutely right!

    Unfortunately, when the poster filtered (Selective) what he perceived to be useful or not, he was taken to task for being selective!

    How?

  12. #212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    great idea

    so let's make CS a 'nice' place where 'i like' yah?
    i wan a 1000 PM box...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #213
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    how about everyone stroke each other's egos


    wow! that is a good shot

    or

    wow! that is a good shot

    only the above 2 posts are allowed, everything else via PM

  14. #214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i wan a 1000 PM box...
    you are just amazing, so hardworking of you

  15. #215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    how about everyone stroke each other's egos


    wow! that is a good shot

    or

    wow! that is a good shot

    only the above 2 posts are allowed, everything else via PM
    what else can i say?

  16. #216
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    You are absolutely right!

    Unfortunately, when the poster filtered (Selective) what he perceived to be useful or not, he was taken to task for being selective!

    How?
    the TS did not reply to my posts, it is only the way he defended his shot with excuses that pissed everyone off and started a flame war

    in his part 2 tread I even praised him and he still did not reply to me
    I am so sad

  17. #217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    the TS did not reply to my posts, it is only the way he defended his shot with excuses that pissed everyone off and started a flame war

    in his part 2 tread I even praised him and he still did not reply to me
    I am so sad
    at least he is showing his selectiveness...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #218
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nee Soon
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i wan a 1000 PM box...
    Yah, you need it for all the flame ..er... I mean fan mail

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    how about everyone stroke each other's egos


    wow! that is a good shot

    or

    wow! that is a good shot

    only the above 2 posts are allowed, everything else via PM
    Yah, critics must fill in the critique form one. Only multiple choice allowed, no free text one.

  19. #219
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    actually any TS should read the C&C as the viewer took the time to look, think and post

    and answer with a thanks

  20. #220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Who is qualified enough to give critic

    Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Yah, you need it for all the flame ..er... I mean fan mail



    Yah, critics must fill in the critique form one. Only multiple choice allowed, no free text one.
    got free 2B pencils bo?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •