View Poll Results: How much is ur proposal ring?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • <$200

9 9.00%
  • $200 - $500

10 10.00%
  • $500 - $1000

12 12.00%
  • >$1000

69 69.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To all married & unmarried chaps

Default Re: To all married & unmarried chaps

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    I thought love's constant? Still need to upgrade one ah?

Higher spec & performance with additional focal length and faster aperture can take more beatings?
    After 5 years of marriage, the man always wants to upgrade the wedding ring for his wife to a nose ring with a rope tied to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    your wife sponsored the other?

hmm mine quite simple, she go choose, i pay, then tats it... now she wanna upgrade... i tell her wait long long...
    aiyearrrr why u so like that? let her upgrade lah
    :: Capture the moment :: :heart:

hmm, i heard that over radio b4, 6x pay... wah lao... i dunno her hand can take it anot... (1st thing 1st, i dunno my bank acc can take it anot...)

anyway, we went to buy it together, just walk walk see see... at 1st wanna buy normal 1, then in the end buy those simi got cert 1... aiya... girls... anyway, poor boi like me, can only afford entry level... so hope at least another 3 year later then got money upgrade to something more sparkling...

me smiling while i read all the replies to this thread.
    i could see how some guys react over their girls, while other just ....

anyway, if the girl really love the guy huh, she will be very very happy to
    receive the proposal ring be it cheap or expensive

just my take lah
    :: Capture the moment :: :heart:

hmm, i heard that over radio b4, 6x pay... wah lao... i dunno her hand can take it anot... (1st thing 1st, i dunno my bank acc can take it anot...)

anyway, we went to buy it together, just walk walk see see... at 1st wanna buy normal 1, then in the end buy those simi got cert 1... aiya... girls... anyway, poor boi like me, can only afford entry level... so hope at least another 3 year later then got money upgrade to something more sparkling...
    jus send it 2 pro 4 polishing can olreadi!

Quote Originally Posted by fotojoy View Post
    aiyearrrr why u so like that? let her upgrade lah
    u pay, i upgrade, she happy...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    After 5 years of marriage, the man always wants to upgrade the wedding ring for his wife to a nose ring with a rope tied to it.
    i have another 8 years to go... haha... -3 to actual day, another 5 to save up for the nasal ring...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Higher spec & performance with additional focal length and faster aperture can take more beatings?
    u increase .3c, your range of lens can go 1/3 stop faster... u increase 1c, you are licensed to increase all by 1 stop... and there is like no stopping u to do that...

heeding the gov't call for constant upgrading to stay relevant
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

u increase .3c, your range of lens can go 1/3 stop faster... u increase 1c, you are licensed to increase all by 1 stop... and there is like no stopping u to do that...
    what's the exchange rate for longer focal length.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Paying 6X your pay for a rock is very extravagant. How long do you need to save before you can buy the ring? People should stop perpetuating the myth that the ring has to be a certain price according to the man's pay. Who came up with this standard anyway?

If the love between two people is only as big as the size of the engagement ring then that's quite sad.
    Work: PicasaWeb | Play: Animus3 | Mobile: Tumblr

got cert one still entry level

Wah, erm... I think I must be generating some kind of misunderstanding....

Ok, to clear up any misunderstanding in the first place, I hereby declare that I'm single, available, not married, not attached and for now I'm not exactly attracted to women (but neither am I to men. I'm still a straight).
    opps
    I started this poll when I heard and saw cases where people had actually said, "The proposal ring is usually more expensive than the wedding band." and busted well over a K on a Tiffany. Or I guess u guys might had heard that, "A man would spend up to 6 times his normal pay on a proposal ring."

So, since the crowd here's generally wedded (or going to wed), it would be a more appropriate subsection to post this poll to get a proper reply.
    Did heard that western country is like that 2-4x monthly salaries, but 6x wonder what Bill Gate's wife ring like.
    Last edited by zcf; 4th December 2006 at 09:31 AM.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    got cert one still entry level

opps

Did heard that western country is like that 2-4x monthly salaries, but 6x wonder what Bill Gate's wife ring like.
    maybe he only use 1% of his monthly pay... that shows how much he love her...

Ok, to clear up any misunderstanding in the first place, I hereby declare that I'm single, available, not married, not attached and for now I'm not exactly attracted to women (but neither am I to men. I'm still a straight).
    Wah lao eh, so late then come out and say. I think some of the girls going to jump the MRT track liao

Quote Originally Posted by radedward View Post
    Paying 6X your pay for a rock is very extravagant. How long do you need to save before you can buy the ring? People should stop perpetuating the myth that the ring has to be a certain price according to the man's pay. Who came up with this standard anyway?

If the love between two people is only as big as the size of the engagement ring then that's quite sad.
    I'm not very sure where that dumb myth came from anyway. I heard of it when my friend proposed to his current wife (extremely unfortunate that he did). He spent like 2mths of his pay on a transparent rock that refracts light cut into some kind of solitare design thingy (not really sure what that means).

Probably that myth came from some female magazines just like how that 999 roses = eternal love thingy came into existence.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Wah lao eh, so late then come out and say. I think some of the girls going to jump the MRT track liao
    My availability probably doesn't warrant girls to jump track yet.

I'm not very sure where that dumb myth came from anyway. I heard of it when my friend proposed to his current wife (extremely unfortunate that he did). He spent like 2mths of his pay on a transparent rock that refracts light cut into some kind of solitare design thingy (not really sure what that means).

Probably that myth came from some female magazines just like how that 999 roses = eternal love thingy came into existence.
    Probably a rumor started from the diamond industries... then the 999 roses is by the florist...

Proposal or engagement ring is historically a symbol of how well you will provide. It took me almost 6 months to find my wife a ring I was satisfied with it. My conscience would not let me buy her a ring that wasn't satisfactory in color or any of the other 4C's. People will joke but it boils down to pride, love, and money. The ring she wears is important. I spent $12,000 U.S. and bought my wife her ring in Hawaii. Also, try and get an upgrade plan (I did). Meaning if there is another ring for $15,000, we just trade in the ring and pay the $3000 difference. Usually the diamond will be laser etched for ID purposes. For me it was a personal choice but at then end of the day it's a combination or a balance that your conscience must agree with..."how much do I love her and how much can I afford."

No right or wrong or answer, especially when it's a question that the answer lies within...within your heart and your wallet

Its gonna be terribly scary, if that answer lies within my wallet and not purely within my heart.

But really, kinda wondering (especially seeing lotsa cases around). Being engaged or even after having proposed, breakups still occur, seperations still happen. Shldn't the logic go by giving a cheaper proposal ring AND a expensive wedding band? Considering the fact that marriage is for life.

Its gonna be terribly scary, if that answer lies within my wallet and not purely within my heart.

But really, kinda wondering (especially seeing lotsa cases around). Being engaged or even after having proposed, breakups still occur, seperations still happen. Shldn't the logic go by giving a cheaper proposal ring AND a expensive wedding band? Considering the fact that marriage is for life.
    well, similarly, divorce can always happen in a marriage too. Just do what your heart wants. Give her the best, i mean your best, whatever you can afford. I'm sure she'll still be happy and understands if she love you as much similarly

my two cents worth...

I heard or read somewhere its 1.5x the pay
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast