View Poll Results: How much is ur proposal ring?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • <$200

9 9.00%
  • $200 - $500

10 10.00%
  • $500 - $1000

12 12.00%
  • >$1000

69 69.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To all married & unmarried chaps

Default Re: To all married & unmarried chaps

Over the years, I bought many rings liao...But still single

anyone looking for that one ring? my precioussssssssssss

Aiyah make one from coconut shell. That what my dad did for my sisters when they small girl. That's during my kampong life.

i think mine will be sub $400 for the proposal ring... oh well *grin* not everyone has the $$$ to splurge
    Budget wedding photographer :)

sometimes i find it just wierd that one is not willing to splurge on someone they love and will take care for life. =)

I was expecting a higher value for the poll but it seems that the highest for a proposal ring was 1K? That is not even enough to get some of the f2.8 lenses many of the guys have here. hehe. Just find it wierd that one is willing to spend more on hobby then on their loved ones.

But everyone have their own feels. just sharing mine.

Regards,
    tltan

If u need an expensive ring to get yr girlfriend to marry u, then when the days come that u are down and out and broke will she leave u for the lack of money? U never know...

No proposal ring......cause never propose

My wife and I knew each other for so long that we naturally just got married, But we have 2 pairs of wedding bands. The 1st pair was bought by me for our ROM. The 2nd pair was bought by her after 5 years of marriage.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

The poll will tell you how 'rich' most CS members are or how 'willing' they want to spend on rings.

I think, work within your budget... cos at the end of the day it's still your call.

I got a silver ring to propose and I don't have L lens too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    to me, it is not the price of the ring, it is whether she will like it or not. from my understanding of her, i try to get someone she likes.

of course within my budget
    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post

eh.. i tot you no longer BBB! you happily shooting?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash View Post
    The poll will tell you how 'rich' most CS members are or how 'willing' they want to spend on rings.

I think, work within your budget... cos at the end of the day it's still your call.

I got a silver ring to propose and I don't have L lens too.
    extension ring can?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

i will buy the ring she likes best. money option should come later. and it must be something both of us should be happy about.

wedding band no nid la.... parents go up have karaoke session can liao.

den see the guests all

Can see from the vote that most spend >$1k for proposal ring.
    No surprise actually, since most guys here their cameras + lens already way more than that amount.

Honestly, it doesn't matter. Choose what is affordable and comfortable within your own
    budget. Your the other half should be happy. If she finds it too cheap, then
    tell her wait till I strike Toto or 4D then buy a more expensive one.

Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Wah, somebody getting hitched ah, congratulations, bro !
    I didn't give proposal ring leh (don't remind my wife ah), just wedding band.
    If I follow your standard (proposal > wedding), then proposal ring must be > $1000 liao.
    Wah, erm... I think I must be generating some kind of misunderstanding....

Ok, to clear up any misunderstanding in the first place, I hereby declare that I'm single, available, not married, not attached and for now I'm not exactly attracted to women (but neither am I to men. I'm still a straight).

I started this poll when I heard and saw cases where people had actually said, "The proposal ring is usually more expensive than the wedding band." and busted well over a K on a Tiffany. Or I guess u guys might had heard that, "A man would spend up to 6 times his normal pay on a proposal ring."

So, since the crowd here's generally wedded (or going to wed), it would be a more appropriate subsection to post this poll to get a proper reply.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    that's illegal my friend!!!!
    The absence of a comma or a semi-colon certainly generates misunderstandings of galactical proportions.....

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG View Post
    My ex-gf gave me a ring on christmas eve ... and in return I gave her 19 roses ...
    Apologies, I'm really dense at that.

Why 19?

Haven't been playing the dating game for a long time so all I know is 3 roses represents "I Love You" and 9999 roses is "Eternal Love".

Errr... Proposal ring must be different from wedding ring meh?

I tot only taiwanese has this because they need to have a engagement dinner before the wedding dinner.(in which case the proposal ring is used for the engagement dinner)
    For me i just bought a nice enuf proposal ring and my wife aint wanna buy another pair of wedding band, she told me to get one wedding band(male) to just match her proposal/wedding ring. Guess i am lucky then.

But one thing i realized just recently, if buy diamond ring for wife to be, buy the largest affordable one you can as of now, save the upgrading paths. (same theory as buying lenses)
    Coz over time, she will look at other gals wedding ring and says "Wah, xxx ring is xx carat, damn shiny ler" (*hint*hint*)

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Wah, erm... I think I must be generating some kind of misunderstanding....

Ok, to clear up any misunderstanding in the first place, I hereby declare that I'm single, available, not married, not attached and for now I'm not exactly attracted to women (but neither am I to men. I'm still a straight).

I started this poll when I heard and saw cases where people had actually said, "The proposal ring is usually more expensive than the wedding band." and busted well over a K on a Tiffany. Or I guess u guys might had heard that, "A man would spend up to 6 times his normal pay on a proposal ring."

So, since the crowd here's generally wedded (or going to wed), it would be a more appropriate subsection to post this poll to get a proper reply.
    hmm, i heard that over radio b4, 6x pay... wah lao... i dunno her hand can take it anot... (1st thing 1st, i dunno my bank acc can take it anot...)

anyway, we went to buy it together, just walk walk see see... at 1st wanna buy normal 1, then in the end buy those simi got cert 1... aiya... girls... anyway, poor boi like me, can only afford entry level... so hope at least another 3 year later then got money upgrade to something more sparkling...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I have a pair of it and none of it is paid by me. Both of on hand, one left one right.

I am married, married to myself
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    hmm, i heard that over radio b4, 6x pay... wah lao... i dunno her hand can take it anot... (1st thing 1st, i dunno my bank acc can take it anot...)

anyway, we went to buy it together, just walk walk see see... at 1st wanna buy normal 1, then in the end buy those simi got cert 1... aiya... girls... anyway, poor boi like me, can only afford entry level... so hope at least another 3 year later then got money upgrade to something more sparkling...
    I thought love's constant? Still need to upgrade one ah?

Higher spec & performance with additional focal length and faster aperture can take more beatings?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    I thought love's constant? Still need to upgrade one ah?
    That what i call Expectations.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast