Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

  1. #1

    Default Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

    Hi,
    I've been struggling on buying a dslr with a tight budget. I'm considering new Nikon D40/50; 2nd hand Canon 300D/350D, Nikon D70/D70s.
    As i'm a newbie to slr, i would prefer to purchase for whole set with body & lense (less headache). Can anyone advise me which should i buy, juz for a starter?

    thanks....

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

    all are good enough. but i will try to skip the d70 and 300d.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

    All are good, depends on what you want, what you need and what you can afford. Personally, I would say that the Nikon D70s and the Canon 350D are good.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  4. #4

    Default Re: Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamerX View Post
    Hi,
    I've been struggling on buying a dslr with a tight budget. I'm considering new Nikon D40/50; 2nd hand Canon 300D/350D, Nikon D70/D70s.
    As i'm a newbie to slr, i would prefer to purchase for whole set with body & lense (less headache). Can anyone advise me which should i buy, juz for a starter?

    thanks....
    Do bear in mind that you are buying into an entire SYSTEM and not just the body alone. But saying that, you can't really go wrong with either Canon or Nikon.

    In terms of function and noise control, get the 350D.
    The D70s wins on ergonomics, but noise is very apparent after ISO 400.
    I'd pass on the 300D, D40(especially) and D50

  5. #5
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

    what is your tight budget?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

    thanks all for the comments.
    my budget is around $1000~$1200. As it is part of my hobby, therefore, i think not to invest too much as a starter. later then upgrade to a better one if felt not enuf for the entry-level dslr.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamerX View Post
    thanks all for the comments.
    my budget is around $1000~$1200. As it is part of my hobby, therefore, i think not to invest too much as a starter. later then upgrade to a better one if felt not enuf for the entry-level dslr.
    Get a D50. You wont go wrong with it. It's an excellent entry-level camera, plus it's fully compatiable with all the nikkor lenses, unlike D40, where you can only do manual focus on the non AF-s lenses..


  8. #8

    Default Re: Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

    thanks... will go for D50. after read other threads about D40 and D50. D50 is indeed a better choice to D40, though it is slightly more expensive. by the way, i heard that Nikon has discontinue D50. may i know where can i still buy this camera in SGP?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

    Get a Pentax K100D + a Sigma 17-70 lens.

    You won't regret.

    The Pentax K100D trounces the Nikon D50
    >>> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk100d/
    Flickr Me! :: Nikon D80 :: Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC MACRO

  10. #10
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamerX View Post
    thanks... will go for D50. after read other threads about D40 and D50. D50 is indeed a better choice to D40, though it is slightly more expensive. by the way, i heard that Nikon has discontinue D50. may i know where can i still buy this camera in SGP?
    search around the forum, i think i read that someone found a place 2 get the D50 :P

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •