Thread: Arab street

Default Arab street

Accompaned the wife to Arab Street shoppng brought the camera along to try out.
    Here's the results. I look forward to everyone CnC

Pefume Bottles

Mosque

Sepak Takraw

View from Bussorah

More perfume bottles

I am a newbie so need lots of guidance from the many experts here!
    Thank you.

Default Re: Arab street

1) taking from the side will be better, not direct. since there are 3 layers, make good use of the depth of field. push the item on the right inside a bit, so that you have three layers showing. when you put your central focus on the middle container, 1/3 of the area to the its left will be out of focus, and the other remaining 1/3 of the area to the right will also be out of focus.

2) not an excellent shot. you have to look for something that illustrates its grandeur. point lower and include some foreground, otherwise there is nothing special about it and it seems leaning backwards.

3) this is not bad, at least you observed patterns. the display of the sepak balls is parallel with the pattern of the postcards. good.

Using the tree leaves as a compositional frame for the mosque is, IMO, trying too hard.

Leaves and concrete objects just doesn't click for me.

Maybe some architectural shapes to frame the mosque will be better, like shooting through an arch or window or something. Or wait for a passing cloud, etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bakuteh View Post
    1) taking from the side will be better, not direct. since there are 3 layers, make good use of the depth of field. push the item on the right inside a bit, so that you have three layers showing. when you put your central focus on the middle container, 1/3 of the area to the its left will be out of focus, and the other remaining 1/3 of the area to the right will also be out of focus.

2) not an excellent shot. you have to look for something that illustrates its grandeur. point lower and include some foreground, otherwise there is nothing special about it and it seems leaning backwards.

3) this is not bad, at least you observed patterns. the display of the sepak balls is parallel with the pattern of the postcards. good.
    Thanks for your kind comments. Will keep mindful. As for photo1, I had to do direct as I was shooting thru a shop window glass.

do read the posting guidelines, thanks

Critique Corner Posting Guidelines