Thread: dry cabi malfunction?

Default dry cabi malfunction?

i have a digi cabi analog version. i notice that the humidity is fluctuating a lot. 1 day it can be at 38/40%, and it will slowly rise until about 48 - 50%+ (in a few days or 1 week). then it will drop to aroune 38/40%. is there anything wrong with the cabi?

is a 60L cabi but i do not really have much equipments inside the cabi yet. would that be the problem? cos i notice the more stuffs u put in, the higher the humidity...
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Default Re: dry cabi malfunction?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    i have a digi cabi analog version. i notice that the humidity is fluctuating a lot. 1 day it can be at 38/40%, and it will slowly rise until about 48 - 50%+ (in a few days or 1 week). then it will drop to aroune 38/40%. is there anything wrong with the cabi?

is a 60L cabi but i do not really have much equipments inside the cabi yet. would that be the problem? cos i notice the more stuffs u put in, the higher the humidity...

Just give digi mfg a ring see if they can repair for u.

What is your dry cab model? When it is low (38-40%RH), do you run air-cond in your room? Or, when it is high (48-50%RH), the weather is rainy days?

I assumed you are always keep the door closed and never open the door. When you often open the door, the humidity inside is higher.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 30th November 2006 at 05:38 PM.

regardless aircon or non-aircon. If you don't open the dry-cab, the RH can only drop down and down. It shouldn't go up for no reason. Check your power supply (faulty plug or something) and the door seal.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

thx for the replies! model is HD-60. its an analog 60L digi cabi.
    i wanna be sure there's something wrong b4 i call up digicabi

that room is seldom air-conditioned. i notice the weather does not really affect the humidity inside, just that the humidity fluctuates quite a lot imo.

the door is mostly closed, open it about once every 2 weeks roughly. i notice that once the humidifier activates, the humidity will drop from about 50% - 38% in my current setting. then it will rise till about 50% through a few days, and the process starts all over again.

i dun notice anything wrong with the door seal... what is there to look out for?

thx for the replies! model is HD-60. its an analog 60L digi cabi.
    i wanna be sure there's something wrong b4 i call up digicabi

that room is seldom air-conditioned. i notice the weather does not really affect the humidity inside, just that the humidity fluctuates quite a lot imo.

the door is mostly closed, open it about once every 2 weeks roughly. i notice that once the humidifier activates, the humidity will drop from about 50% - 38% in my current setting. then it will rise till about 50% through a few days, and the process starts all over again.

i dun notice anything wrong with the door seal... what is there to look out for?
    On your case, try to call Digi-cabi and tell them your dry cab problem.

Let us hear digi-cabi reply.

Regards,
    Arto.

yeah, think ill give them a call when im free and see what their reply is here thx for all the comments

okay, i just gave them a call...

according to what the person say... the humidity inside the cabinet wont not be stagnant. for example, it will not stay at 45%. it would fluctuate +/- 5-10% and he says thats normal. for my cabinet now, its between about 38-50%... how about u guys?

does the humidity in ur cabinet fluctates too and doesnt stay at 1 humidity?