Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: image resize in photoshop

  1. #1

    Default image resize in photoshop

    To PS experts,

    How come when I resize an image in Photoshop from 8M to 1M then try to print it, the output is so pixelated? Any other parameters I should change before printing? I tried utilities from canon like photorecord to resize and print, the output is ok.

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    how big a picture did you print? A 1mpx picture isn't enough to give you 4R prints...

  3. #3

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by fz30_user View Post
    To PS experts,

    How come when I resize an image in Photoshop from 8M to 1M then try to print it, the output is so pixelated? Any other parameters I should change before printing? I tried utilities from canon like photorecord to resize and print, the output is ok.

    Thanks.
    When you re-size for prints, check that the output resolution is something like 300 pixels per inch

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    why do you want to resize to 1MP before print when your initial pic is 8MP?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by fz30_user View Post
    To PS experts,

    How come when I resize an image in Photoshop from 8M to 1M then try to print it, the output is so pixelated? Any other parameters I should change before printing? I tried utilities from canon like photorecord to resize and print, the output is ok.

    Thanks.
    Different from PS and canon lah. Likely lot of details gone after resize the img in PS.

  6. #6

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    why do you want to resize to 1MP before print when your initial pic is 8MP?
    bcoz i want to print few passport size photos in 1 4R paper. i should be a able to print 4 passport sizes based on physical dimensions.

  7. #7

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by longkangman View Post
    Different from PS and canon lah. Likely lot of details gone after resize the img in PS.
    whoa. u mean to say PS so backward that can't retain details after resize? i think i'm just missing some settings there. sorry, i'm a PS dumb.

  8. #8

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by freelancer View Post
    When you re-size for prints, check that the output resolution is something like 300 pixels per inch
    hmm.. is this setting in PS or my printer? I can't seem to find it on my printer properties.

  9. #9

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by fz30_user View Post
    hmm.. is this setting in PS or my printer? I can't seem to find it on my printer properties.
    err btw, when i print i always choose photo quality - best. so i supposed the dpi is ok on my printer. PS is doing something else?

    when i don't resize everything seems fine.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by fz30_user View Post
    hmm.. is this setting in PS or my printer? I can't seem to find it on my printer properties.
    On your PS press Alt Ctrl I or go to Image > Image size> Unclick constrain Proportions and then change your Resoulation to 300 pixels/Inch

    This should help you slove your problem.

    Robert Bleeme

  11. #11

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    Please bear with my idiotness...

    scenario #1:

    if i open an 8mp pixel file and print at once it's ok. when i check the info using image resize it says resolution 72 pixels/inch.

    scenario #2:

    1. open 8mp file
    2. copy whole image to clipboard
    3. open new 8x10" window
    4. paste clipboard
    5. resize image using free transform to take only quarter of the 8x10" window
    6. print - print properties set to best

    output of #2 sucks - pixelated.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by fz30_user View Post
    whoa. u mean to say PS so backward that can't retain details after resize? i think i'm just missing some settings there. sorry, i'm a PS dumb.
    PLBU lah.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by fz30_user View Post
    Please bear with my idiotness...

    scenario #1:

    if i open an 8mp pixel file and print at once it's ok. when i check the info using image resize it says resolution 72 pixels/inch.

    scenario #2:

    1. open 8mp file
    2. copy whole image to clipboard
    3. open new 8x10" window
    4. paste clipboard
    5. resize image using free transform to take only quarter of the 8x10" window
    6. print - print properties set to best

    output of #2 sucks - pixelated.

    Hi Bro,

    This is easy to settle, give me a call on the phone i will talk you thur the PS, its much eaier that way. my no is 98553056 ( Robert )
    Call me when you have you PS with you...

  14. #14

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by fz30_user View Post
    To PS experts,

    How come when I resize an image in Photoshop from 8M to 1M then try to print it, the output is so pixelated? Any other parameters I should change before printing? I tried utilities from canon like photorecord to resize and print, the output is ok.

    Thanks.
    Go to Image Size



    Change the document size, the original Doc. size was 10 x 13 inches, file size was 57 Mb, after resizing to 2 x 3 it is 1.9Mb. Should look good for passport size.

  15. #15

    Default Re: image resize in photoshop

    alpha male,

    thanks so much.. it worked! but i have to resize it first in 1 window to 2x3" inch before copying it to the 8x10" window.

    i think the problem before is i use free transform to resize the image. when using free transform, how to check which values are the resolution, image size being set to?

    robertbe,

    thanks so much for your kind offer to call u.. sorry didn't call bcoz i don't want to bother you too much also

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •