Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which projector to get?

Originally posted by tomshen
    Many thanks to all of u for ur invaluable info, this makes me learn very fast

I bought a Rodenstock 4x+light panel from CP. But to be honest, I don't see much difference between this and another cheaper one (quoted abt $135) at 4x. Both are sharp. So what makes this loupe so special and everyone recommends it? I know this question is funny. Maybe I should put it this way: what are the criteria that make a good loupe?

As to the projector, very few shops in SLS sell. Kodak seems expensive so I am now considering other brands or used. Saw some Kindermann 1500 series at CP. r they good buys? Another model is reflecta classic 250FR. Also quite cheap. Should I just buy a cheap projector and upgrade the lens later or consider a used one? Quite confused

Like my friends say: photography is really an expensive hobby. But once get involved, never regret. In my opinion, the negative film prints will die sooner or later. To me the onli advantage of film would be the slide. Its colors and sharpness still cannot be reached by digital. I think I will only shoot digital and slides from now on. Bye, negative
    I don't know what the $135 one is, but I just bought the lightpanel + rodenstock combination yesterday. I believe once you reach a certain level, differences can be quite small. I was tempted to get a Schneider 4x and luckily and unluckily CP doesn't have it. Would have cost more.

A good loupe should be sharp all around, right to the edges, have no distortion, and should be comfortable to view. The Rodenstock does this very well.

IMO, the Rodenstock 4x + Lightpanel at $190 is a very good buy. But I already have a lightbox, so anyone wants a Cabin Lightpanel?

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by Kho King
    What is the $135 loupe? Rodenstock + Cabin light panel is about S$185, the light panel alone costs about S$90, thus you are actually getting cheaper price for the Rodenstock. Am I right?
    That one also from Rodenstock if I am not wrong. wow, the light panel costs 90 bucks alone? seems good deal

That one also from Rodenstock if I am not wrong. wow, the light panel costs 90 bucks alone? seems good deal
    The cute thing is the Rodenstock 4x Aspheric Loupe costs $195 alone. The Lightpanel costs $95 alone. Both together costs $190. Funny man.

Regards
    CK

I thought Rodentstock only has one type 4X loupe? What is the S$135 loupe?...are you comparing the same loupe (one in package with the light panel, and the other selling alone)?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Not sure. anyway, i am enjoying it now

Originally posted by Mystix

oic...then is the color gonna differ from the slide alot?
    If i'm not wrong, the fuji frontier is a digital mini lab, so I guess it really depends on how well the slide is scanned. And since people get great scans from slides, I guess it shouldn't be a problem. But then it also comes to how well the operator knows the stuff. But I believe prints are not going to be cheap...

Originally posted by Flare

If i'm not wrong, the fuji frontier is a digital mini lab, so I guess it really depends on how well the slide is scanned. And since people get great scans from slides, I guess it shouldn't be a problem. But then it also comes to how well the operator knows the stuff. But I believe prints are not going to be cheap...
    Quite expensive. $1 for a 4R slide-to-print. The lab at Clementi MRT station worse, they quoted me $4 for a 4R slide-to-print.

Colour Lab's prices as follows:

4R - $1
    5R - $4
    6R - $5
    8R - $8
    8RC - $9
    10RC - $15

The bigger ones are more worth it, only a bit more than a print from negative.

Regards
    CK

What's RC?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by Kho King
    What's RC?
    Don't know. I only know:

8R = 8 x 10
    8RC = 8 x 12
    10R = 10 x 12
    10RC = 10 x 15

Regards