Thread: Good book shops in Singapore? (Selling "Understanding Exposure"?)

Default Good book shops in Singapore? (Selling "Understanding Exposure"?)

Hello all,

I'm looking for a decent bookshop in Singapore that asles foreign magazines such as Practical Photography and Photography monthly and also a large array of books.

I'm looking to buy a book called Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson and have searched a few different places around South East Asia but none of them have had it in stock.

Does anyone know if this book is available there or are you aware of a book shop I could email and ask them to order it in for me. I'm only going to Singapore for 7-8 days so i'm not sure if a shop could have it ordered in for me in time. I'll be there on Friday.

I'd be grateful for any assiastance.
    Cheers,

Alan

Arrow Re: Good book shops in Singapore? (Selling "Understanding Exposure"?)

Default Re: Good book shops in Singapore? (Selling "Understanding Exposure"?)

Hello Alan,

indeed a nice and interesting book. Really helpful.

You can try at Borders or Kinokuniya, very nice book sotres here in Singapore.
    Kinokuniya in Ngee Ann City (Tower B) is quite big and offer a wide range of books related to photography. Good luck.

Cheers

Thanks for the replys, both of you.

i got an extra copy if u need it.

Hi,

I bought a copy from amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-...e=UTF8&s=books

which at USD 16.47 I thought was a steal compared to our bookstores here...

Try out the really good book deals (both new and 2nd-hand) at:

www.biblio.com

www.alibris.com

I got a near-mint 2nd-hand John Hedgecoe's "The Book of Photography" 2005 revision for about S$20+! (New one retails for S$60+) from Biblio!

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    i got an extra copy if u need it.
    Sure! Just give me your address and I'll drop by and pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bingbongbiddley View Post
    Sure! Just give me your address and I'll drop by and pick it up.
    When will you be in singapore? I can just meet you out somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ah.zeep View Post
    Hi,

I bought a copy from amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-...e=UTF8&s=books

which at USD 16.47 I thought was a steal compared to our bookstores here...
    Yeah, man. Bookstores in Singapore are taking us for a ride !!!
    Even if you were to order just this book alone from amazon, you can get it for a Nett price of S$41 - including shipping costs.
    I saw this book in Popular, Bras Basah for 45 bucks or so.
    I ordered 6 books from Amazon this week and got them for 1/2 the price as what I would've had to pay in Singapore. Imagine buying from amazon in US or UK - free shipping too.
    Even online stores like acmamall aren't cheap. The same book is selling there for 40 odd dollars.

bingbongbiddley,
    Sorry to sidetrack this thread.

But if you are interested, this book is available in the Popular bookstore at Bras Brasah complex. Selling for around 45 bucks.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

if u really cant find the book, go to Borders at Wheelock Place. they do special orders and imports. not sure bout the price though.

jcryan55
    Guests

Riceball photo book store at the Basement 1 of The Adelphi has a large collection of photographic books. If you cannot find the book on photography book there, chances are you are unlikely to find it elsewhere.

In fact, Bryan Petersen was there in person at the Riceball bookstore 2 saturdays ago to autograph his books. They were carrying both books, "Ünderstanding Exposure" and "Learning to see Creatively".
    Sigh...you miss meeting the great author.

Get registered with the bookstore and be updated by email of their latest books and events. The boss, Mr Zhong Ling is a nice person. he will hunt for the book title for you if he do not have it in his store. He hunted for me the hard to come by book by Sally Gall, titled "Subterranea". He can place orders for books as well.

Go take a look.....

thanks for the info. will check out soon.

Riceball photography-focussed bookshop - please support it!

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great information. Riceball Pmed me back and unfortunately they are out of stock at the moment. Their magazines seem quite pricey though. Would still like to drop by if I have time.

Nisa, if you are serious I am in Singapore now until Friday. I actually thought you were joking but if you are serious you could drop me a PM and if I can find the time I could meet up.

Cheers,

Alan

I bought mine from Borders because I had vouchers that were expiring. Else I agree cheaper to get from Amazon. Only bad thing will be the shipping time.

Oh yah, I also saw this book at Kino. Slightly cheaper that Borders, but not by much.