Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 109

Thread: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nee Soon
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    How does the $38 pkg compare with the $22, in real world terms ? Can you actually feel the difference in speed ? I'm thinking most of the peeps will cheong for the $22 one, if get the $38 one, got any advantage over the crowd ?

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Yes, you will feel the difference.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    i will take up 22 dollars plan.. because i believe 6 months later.. things will change again.. tat Wireless@SG may be spread to more areas.

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Mine's the 38 dollars one. Cheaper and higher speed then my "current" one.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  5. #65
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    to be able compete with global players at least we need to speak proper english. And yes, it's COMPETE, not COMPLETE

    Didn't have my secretary run thru spell check. But you get the idea.

    ../azul123

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Wah, you post in forum also must run thru Secretary one ar.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  7. #67
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Wah, you post in forum also must run thru Secretary one ar.
    Ya lah, me being cynical mah, since people pick on the slightest error, so must also suan mah..



    ../azul123

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Mine's the 38 dollars one. Cheaper and higher speed then my "current" one.
    i was initially considering that $38 plan but come to think of it again.. i dun really need that speed.. 384k is currently enough to surf clubsnap, msn chat and stock markets all at one go. I dun look at Youtube video nor mobile TV.. so it is ok.

    i believe 6 months down the road.. tat 512k by Wireless@SG will be spread to most HDB estates.. and maybe even upgraded.

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nee Soon
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Hmmmm.... 6 mths later many of those Singtel and Starhub fellas currently tied down by contract all chiong for free bb after their contract expires. Wonder what the situation will be like then.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Well, I am using it right now and it seems alright. My MSN seems to drop its connection once in a rare while... but other than, it's rockin'!
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    ordered!! can't wait for it to arrive, then don't need to beg my client's IT manager for stupid network, Fool keep thinking im gonna hack into their system if he gives me wireless access.

    Loser

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Hmmmm.... 6 mths later many of those Singtel and Starhub fellas currently tied down by contract all chiong for free bb after their contract expires. Wonder what the situation will be like then.
    that is the reason why i refuse to extend my contract for a free laptop or TV... the savings from using a free internet could actually buy you 2-3 laptops in a year... becos laptops are going to be even cheaper next year.

  13. #73

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    now the only worry is battery power since you can surf anywhere with GSM!
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    that is the reason why i refuse to extend my contract for a free laptop or TV... the savings from using a free internet could actually buy you 2-3 laptops in a year... becos laptops are going to be even cheaper next year.
    mac won't be cheaper lor.. the Windows ones yes..

    if u are lucky enf to stay near the free zone then its convenient lor. but the download speed will be slow, and if u don't download alot i think its all worth it, but if u download like me.. then 512 is not even near anyway satisfactory lor.. and also the uploading speed will also be affected

    if u calcluate the price plans with the price of the lappies, and free modems and sometimes routers, u're only paying ard $30/mth for a connection with substaintial speed like 10mb line which is very fast!!!!!

  15. #75

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    How does the $38 pkg compare with the $22, in real world terms ? Can you actually feel the difference in speed ? I'm thinking most of the peeps will cheong for the $22 one, if get the $38 one, got any advantage over the crowd ?
    if you surf in cbd area then get $38. if you surf else where $22 one will do. cos 3.6mbps only in cbd according to m1 web.

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    if you surf in cbd area then get $38. if you surf else where $22 one will do. cos 3.6mbps only in cbd according to m1 web.
    hi ! not true.. i worked in raffles place.. $22 plan at 384k is tested fast enough to monitor stock market at streaming live, msn chat and read hotmail at one go.

    most software applications can run well at 384k, however for Youtube, Metacafe.. videos downloads, i confirm u need a 4M maxonline at least for smooth viewing.

    this m1 broadband is more for pple on the move.. those PDA, laptop pple.. and pple who want "privacy" for the websites they surf in workplace.



  17. #77

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    hi ! not true.. i worked in raffles place.. $22 plan at 384k is tested fast enough to monitor stock market at streaming live, msn chat and read hotmail at one go.

    most software applications can run well at 384k, however for Youtube, Metacafe.. videos downloads, i confirm u need a 4M maxonline at least for smooth viewing.

    this m1 broadband is more for pple on the move.. those PDA, laptop pple.. and pple who want "privacy" for the websites they surf in workplace.


    wah..thats good to know. thanks for the info i still thinking whether to sign up

  18. #78

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Please read the T&C, they've finally placed the 2GB / month traffic limit in a more prominent area.

    2006 going 07 and we still have this kind of unlimited limits...

  19. #79
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramius View Post
    Please read the T&C, they've finally placed the 2GB / month traffic limit in a more prominent area.

    2006 going 07 and we still have this kind of unlimited limits...
    True but if you think $22 for 2GB of data access, worth it.

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

    i almost got the $38 plan but held back as i don't know what to expect for the speed. those who are on the 1.8 Mbps plan, how's the speed? would appreciate if you can share.

    also, i enquired about the 2GB data per month thingy. the guy said that they will monitor your activity if it busts the 2GB mark. if they find that you are doing illegal stuff, then they will charge you. if your access is legal, then you might not be charge for the extra bytes downloaded. the guy who told me looks like a college kid on vacation job.

    anybody else asked about the Fair Surf Policy?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •