Thread: What parameter should have looked at?

Default What parameter should have looked at?

Facing some challenge in getting the correct color from this specimen:

the image always turn out oversaturated, and detail also very hard to be captured.
    the head part supposed to be yellowish, and lighter color than the red body.

have tried various in-camera settings still couldnt get it right, any advise? pls enlighten....

(would prefer fixture before/during photo taking..... and minumum post-processing.....)

Default Re: What parameter should have looked at?

Quote Originally Posted by Ljung View Post
    Facing some challenge in getting the correct color from this specimen:

the image always turn out oversaturated, and detail also very hard to be captured.
    the head part supposed to be yellowish, and lighter color than the red body.

have tried various in-camera settings still couldnt get it right, any advise? pls enlighten....

(would prefer fixture before/during photo taking..... and minumum post-processing.....)
    wat camera u used?

wat i can think of is your white balance is off, and u used long exposure which result in color shift.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I was using 20D. Tried a few WB settings, all the rest of the var. is fine, only when it comes to this, all the color go hay wire.

I tuned till bluish cast starts to appear at other specimens, this little one still appear uncorrected. And especially the head, which supposed to be lighter yellow, but ended up part of the body color.

A norm for Canon camera to see red as redder?

Or has anyone taken this same fish? can post your photos and settings?

Notice the purpleist colorcast silicon sealant or is it the surrounding lights or tank reflections ?
    -------------------------------

could your WB be screwed by the UV lighting in the tank?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.