Thread: How to 'freeze' them?

Default How to 'freeze' them?

Harlow everyone, I own a Panasonic LX1..With this PnS cam, is it possible to take shots similar to "http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=239583"..? I was at the event but everything turned out blurry even with the fastest shutter speed..

Thanks in advanced. =)

Default Re: How to 'freeze' them?

Quote Originally Posted by miuee View Post
    Harlow everyone, I own a Panasonic LX1..With this PnS cam, is it possible to take shots similar to "http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=239583"..? I was at the event but everything turned out blurry even with the fastest shutter speed..

Thanks in advanced. =)
    try panning your shots.

push up your ISO to 800-1600 and use the widest aperture.
    if you are doing panning, you don have to push your setting that much

Quote Originally Posted by itsybitsyspidy View Post
    try panning your shots.
    wat is panning?

Just read up on them...i assume it's all abt getting the right shutter speed so that the image will appear sharp on blurred bg. Kinda confused abt the part where I shld lock the focus and finishing the shot..

Can i use the shutter speed priority mode..leaving the ISO at lowest and auto aperture?

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by miuee View Post
    Just read up on them...i assume it's all abt getting the right shutter speed so that the image will appear sharp on blurred bg. Kinda confused abt the part where I shld lock the focus and finishing the shot..

Can i use the shutter speed priority mode..leaving the ISO at lowest and auto aperture?

Thanks..
    can, but if in low light condition, u might get super underexpose pictures due to low ISO if ur aperture cant support the environment.

LX1 with high ISO