Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much is PROMISE worth?

Default Re: How much is PROMISE worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Our problem here is the person breaking the "promise" faces absolutely no consequences. I have heard many times, someone complaining this and that, but had the guilty party been named? Not even the nick is named!
    Their conscience shalt wreck them....

Of cos, to ppl who break promises easily without an ounce of integrity, I guess their conscience might had been devoured by dogs.

There's a saying in Chinese, "心智杜明" - which loosely translates to "You know it best yourself."
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Aiya, the purpose of this thread is to let us reflect upon on ourselves on the value of "Promise", i.e. your integrity worthiness, and not because that I had countered a case recently.

I do agree with azul123 to a certain extent.

There is no point of giving a negative feedback.

Normally, these sellers / buyers do not have many post counts, so if they have a negative rating, they would simply re-register as another nick, and start all over again.

Last time, I did posted a negative feedback on one seller. Guess what? Life goes on for him. He continues to conduct B & S activities. Does a negative rating deter him to sell / buy things again? The answer is NO. The reason is very simple, the next item that he is selling is in high demand, so people will grap it regardless whether he has a negative rating or not.

Ask yourself this question - if a seller is selling his EOS 1D mk II for $2,000 but he has 20 negative ratings, do you ignore his sale thread because of his bad reputation or you will simply grap it from him? The answer is obvious, isn't it?

On the other hand, potential retailation from the other party will somehow deter one to post a negative feedback. Therefore, you do not see many people post negative feedback when they encountered such events.

U never say anything in-between so thought u kena again.

But really lah, some of these things can't be helped, neither do we have the power to alter the state of mind of another.

To quote another:
    Heard somewhere "PROMISE ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN!"
    A promise, the value of integrity, honour, loyalty isn't worth much these days sadly to say. The world is going crazy.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Human beings are moltivated by fear of loss or promise of gain... That is how we are generally moltivated so I am not surprise if someone do play me out and back out of a deal if he can get a better deal...

That is human nature...

I guess it depends on individual on how important his reputation is to him... Some people die die also want "face" so they would less likely do such things...

Quote Originally Posted by USM View Post
    Aiya, the purpose of this thread is to let us reflect upon on ourselves on the value of "Promise", i.e. your integrity worthiness, and not because that I had countered a case recently.

I do agree with azul123 to a certain extent.

There is no point of giving a negative feedback.

Normally, these sellers / buyers do not have many post counts, so if they have a negative rating, they would simply re-register as another nick, and start all over again.

Last time, I did posted a negative feedback on one seller. Guess what? Life goes on for him. He continues to conduct B & S activities. Does a negative rating deter him to sell / buy things again? The answer is NO. The reason is very simple, the next item that he is selling is in high demand, so people will grap it regardless whether he has a negative rating or not.

Ask yourself this question - if a seller is selling his EOS 1D mk II for $2,000 but he has 20 negative ratings, do you ignore his sale thread because of his bad reputation or you will simply grap it from him? The answer is obvious, isn't it?

On the other hand, potential retailation from the other party will somehow deter one to post a negative feedback. Therefore, you do not see many people post negative feedback when they encountered such events.
    I think it depends on the feedback, if the feedback says that the product was no good (faulty or not as described) then this feedback will deter buyers.....

As for potential retaliation by a negative feedback, it all depends what it was about, and maybe it would be better if there was a possibility to explain to a negative feedback.

HS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12