Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Cross the Setting Sky

  1. #1

    Default Cross the Setting Sky



    Comments?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    east side
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    BEAAAAUUUTIFUL!!!! colours of the sky!!! SIEW SIEW!!!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    407

    Default

    nice colours u have on the sky.

    any filter used?

  4. #4

    Default

    Nope no filters

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Dramatics sky. Any PS been used?
    What time was the shot been taken?

    I like the composition of the cross, seem like "God" is bring hope (top left light source).

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    I like.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  7. #7

    Default

    hey nEkOgOtCh ..

    nice shot .. like the layering of the sky ..

    mind telling us the settings for this ??

    btw .. where is this taken ?? is it st andrew's cathedral ??

  8. #8

    Default

    Standing in the middle of the road to take that shot, worth it!

    * togu wonders if we didn't pull him back yesterday, will it be a better shot....

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by togu
    Standing in the middle of the road to take that shot, worth it!

    * togu wonders if we didn't pull him back yesterday, will it be a better shot....
    Haha... you guys lah... distracting you know... was going to take more shots u guys shouting all over until i paiseh

    Ok... this was post processed in PS some adjustment to the church silhuotte to make it darker...

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by coozie
    hey nEkOgOtCh ..

    nice shot .. like the layering of the sky ..

    mind telling us the settings for this ??

    btw .. where is this taken ?? is it st andrew's cathedral ??
    It's the church next to the nanyang academy of arts or something like that...

    Settings are:
    * ISOSpeedRatings - 400
    * ShutterSpeedValue - 1/2000 seconds
    * ApertureValue - F 16.00
    * ExposureBiasValue - -0.6667
    * Flash - 0 (no flash)
    * FocalLength - 200 mm
    * Owner Name - Robert Tay Wee Beng

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by nEkOgOtCh


    Haha... you guys lah... distracting you know... was going to take more shots u guys shouting all over until i paiseh

    Ok... this was post processed in PS some adjustment to the church silhuotte to make it darker...
    Now you blame us for pulling you back ..... even when the cars are coming....


    * togu whisper to neko, that's the intention of digipix, he didn't want you to shoot more....

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by nEkOgOtCh


    It's the church next to the nanyang academy of arts or something like that...

    Settings are:
    * ISOSpeedRatings - 400
    * ShutterSpeedValue - 1/2000 seconds
    * ApertureValue - F 16.00
    * ExposureBiasValue - -0.6667
    * Flash - 0 (no flash)
    * FocalLength - 200 mm
    * Owner Name - Robert Tay Wee Beng
    err ... why did u use ISO 400 when the shutter speed is 1/2000 sec ? should have lower ur ISO value to 100

    just my 2 cents worth ....
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by megaweb


    err ... why did u use ISO 400 when the shutter speed is 1/2000 sec ? should have lower ur ISO value to 100

    just my 2 cents worth ....
    Forgot lor ... will take note in the future, master

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Bedok, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Hahaa.. very colourful! Hiak hiak hiak...

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    55

    Default

    stunning to say the least. beautiful colours. what time was this taken?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default


  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    magnificent view...somethin which not normally seen in sg.

  18. #18

    Default

    beautiful!

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Lakeside & Suzhou-China
    Posts
    117

    Default

    nekogotch, were you using matrix metering? If you hadn't compensated, would the church be correctly exposed?

    hm... I'm trying to understand exposure, matrix, centre and spot metering. I know what they are, but don't really know where should I meter.

    Let's say for this picture, if spot metering is used and the effect wanted is the same, where should it be metered? The upper left corner? Since it looks neither too dark or bright.
    Or maybe spot meter the church building, then compensate -1 to -2 (dunno, just a guess) so that we'll get a silhuotte?
    Last edited by Mudpool; 6th February 2003 at 02:30 PM.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Lakeside & Suzhou-China
    Posts
    117

    Default

    *bump*

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •