Thread: Taxi Stare

Default Taxi Stare

not looking at the road!

Default Re: Taxi Stare

Good try at the panning. It's a bit on the soft side.

ya, he looks worry to get another fines
    good shot

thanks for the comments! a bit on the soft side.. hmm.. how's this instead?

I'm a Newbie but...doesn't the taxi suppose to look sharp? or at lease the driver?

looks to me it's done in PS.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81 View Post
    looks to me it's done in PS.
    ah nope.. only used capture nx to enhance the colours plus some sharpening now..

it's not a pan shot right? the guy is just sitting there stationary. U rotate zoom ring while exposing. I must say I quite like the effect even though it's an ordinary subj

Quote Originally Posted by scenar View Post
    it's not a pan shot right? the guy is just sitting there stationary. U rotate zoom ring while exposing. I must say I quite like the effect even though it's an ordinary subj
    it does look like a pan shot to me. look at those traces of light above the taxi, if it was taken by rotating the zoom ring, wouldn't the light be moving towards/away from the camera? instead in this shot the light is moving sideway.

i've never taken a pan shot before, this is just my logic, pls correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jack_low View Post
    it does look like a pan shot to me. look at those traces of light above the taxi, if it was taken by rotating the zoom ring, wouldn't the light be moving towards/away from the camera? instead in this shot the light is moving sideway.

i've never taken a pan shot before, this is just my logic, pls correct me if i'm wrong.
    Yup.. it's a pan shot..!

Obviously, threadstarter is telling only half the story about how this effect is achieved.

The taxi driver and the taxi are travelling at the same speed but they appear different in sharpness because ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Clockunder View Post
    Obviously, threadstarter is telling only half the story about how this effect is achieved.

The taxi driver and the taxi are travelling at the same speed but they appear different in sharpness because ..........
    urm.. not that i'm not tellin the whole story.. but i dun know the whole story! it was but a lucky shot for me

photochopped!

nice catch but it's rather grainy and it's not very sharp. good attempt and can practise panning more haha.
    I Love You :)