Thread: Remedy for crack in ribcage bone.

Default Remedy for crack in ribcage bone.

My girlfriend suffered a minor accident in a car crash and because of her seat belt, which caused a crack in her ribcage bone. She was outpatient..

However the pain causes her to have some difficulties in breathing and she can feel the pain when she stand up straight.

She is a strict vegeterian, that's probably the reason that she is weak in calcium which causes the weak bones.

So is there any remedy for this? except taking painkillers, is there any other ways to make it heal faster?

Default Re: Remedy for crack in ribcage bone.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    My girlfriend suffered a minor accident in a car crash and because of her seat belt, which caused a crack in her ribcage bone. She was outpatient..

However the pain causes her to have some difficulties in breathing and she can feel the pain when she stand up straight.

She is a strict vegeterian, that's probably the reason that she is weak in calcium which causes the weak bones.

So is there any remedy for this? except taking painkillers, is there any other ways to make it heal faster?
    it takes time, my uncle also hit his ribs on the sewage pipe few months ago, recovered... have to watch diet, dun drink tea and coffee cos u lose calcium if you drink those...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

take more calcium lor .. =/ ... supplements? .. other wise more soy products ... tofu, soy milk, beans ...

oh ya, send my regards to your gf, whoever she is...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    oh ya, send my regards to your gf, whoever she is...
    ya sure... thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Expiredyoghurt View Post
    take more calcium lor .. =/ ... supplements? .. other wise more soy products ... tofu, soy milk, beans ...
    she doesn't take supplement, soy milk either.
    however she love tofu. Guess huge amount of tofu should be great?

dun drink tea and coffee cos u lose calcium if you drink those...
    Anything acidic should also be avoid... They will cause the calcium intake to be wasted...

Chemistry (I shall not go in details):
    Metal (Calcium in this case) + acid -> The metal gets dissolved... (hence "wasted")
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

she doesn't take supplement, soy milk either.
    however she love tofu. Guess huge amount of tofu should be great?
    huge amount of certain items does not benefit the body... maybe get referral to dietician would be better... long time no readup, there is catalyst of certain mixture for absorption of calcium, should read up on it.

huge amount of certain items does not benefit the body... maybe get referral to dietician would be better... long time no readup, there is catalyst of certain mixture for absorption of calcium, should read up on it.

Oh that is great. I have a friend who work as a nutritionist locally, I can ask her...

Oh that is great. I have a friend who work as a nutritionist locally, I can ask her...
    ya... all the best ar... anyway, ask her just bear with the pain, cos ribs contain all the nerves to the torso, so kinda lppl... can't do a thing about it...

Painkillers don't improve healing. Calcium is best. Rest helps too.

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/calcium.htm

intake of calcium is one thing, absorption is another http://www.mgwater.com/calmagab.shtml
    Last edited by eikin; 26th November 2006 at 09:32 PM.

its no point building up on calcium supplements and NOT excercising

its best your gf take calcium supplements and do regular excercise. Thats how it is absorbed effectively.

And for those carnivorous people out there, if u can, try to take in soft cartilage. many people believe solely in tablets, which i'm very against. the key is balanced diet and moderation.

if u eat enuf soft cartilage and bones and anchovies, sardines and stuff rich in calcum, and excercise, ur body will be able to absorb much better than feeding off calcium supplements which in the end, overloads your system and basically passes it out!

behyx, since she lurves tofu, she can take lots of that and natural foods that is high in organic calcium.