Thread: Question on contract termination for singnet

Default Question on contract termination for singnet

Helozz...just a simple question but duno y, im in doubt... If say my contract end date is on 29dec 2006 and singnet said i need 1 mth advance notification to terminate. So my effective date of termination should be 29dec 2006 itself or 30dec 2006? Watsmore a note to remember: *For 30 days from your effective date of termination only. A one-time fee of $10 will be charged to your final bill.
    So which should b the auspicious date for termination then?

I wont be charged say 1more mth extra if i terminate on 30dec rite?

Paiseh...just a person-in-doubt

Default Re: Question on contract termination for singnet

Quote Originally Posted by newbiegrapher View Post
    Helozz...just a simple question but duno y, im in doubt... If say my contract end date is on 29dec 2006 and singnet said i need 1 mth advance notification to terminate. So my effective date of termination should be 29dec 2006 itself or 30dec 2006? Watsmore a note to remember: *For 30 days from your effective date of termination only. A one-time fee of $10 will be charged to your final bill.
    So which should b the auspicious date for termination then?

I wont be charged say 1more mth extra if i terminate on 30dec rite?

Paiseh...just a person-in-doubt
    better check an cfm with stinktel....
    had a very bad exp with them regrading on transferring of broadband acc to friend..a simple thing that goes horribly wrong
    if u kena those newbie operator/cust svc officer u be in for a lot of misleading information.
    call them up and check...get the name of the person u spoken to.....if unclear what they talking abt ...ask for direct confirmation from their superior/manager.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

mine was quite smooth. You just need to call up their hotline, tell them you want to terminate. If I remember correctly, you need to give them advance notice of something like one month, they will send an email to you to inform you of the official termination date. Of course during this one month notice you still have to pay them subscription.

All the above is provided you are not on any contract with them, otherwise you will have to pay them compensation for early termination.

Smile Re: Question on contract termination for singnet

are you saying that termination of services due to expiration of contract requires an advance notice of one month to be furnished by consumer?

Quote Originally Posted by sunfish View Post
    mine was quite smooth. You just need to call up their hotline, tell them you want to terminate. If I remember correctly, you need to give them advance notice of something like one month, they will send an email to you to inform you of the official termination date. Of course during this one month notice you still have to pay them subscription.

All the above is provided you are not on any contract with them, otherwise you will have to pay them compensation for early termination.

vince123123
    Guests

That sounds strange generally. If a contract is a fixed term contract, ie there's a fixed period already determined, it will terminate by itself once that fixed period is over.

However, the contract may have an auto-renewable type clause, or it may provide the fixed period as a "minimum" non-terminable period clause (which is what I would do if I were them), then it would still require notice of termination.

The thread starter may post the terms and conditions for further discussion if he feels it is appropriate to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    are you saying that termination of services due to expiration of contract requires an advance notice of one month to be furnished by consumer?

For this statement "For 30 days from your effective date of termination only. A one-time fee of $10 will be charged to your final bill."

It meant to say that if your contract is expiring on 29th Dec, you can always call them from now till 29th Nov (1 month notice) to inform them of your termination upon expiring of contract. Upon which your line will automatically be terminated on 29th Dec. Also, you will be charged an amt of $10 for adminstration fees for termination of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    For this statement "For 30 days from your effective date of termination only. A one-time fee of $10 will be charged to your final bill."

It meant to say that if your contract is expiring on 29th Dec, you can always call them from now till 29th Nov (1 month notice) to inform them of your termination upon expiring of contract. Upon which your line will automatically be terminated on 29th Dec. Also, you will be charged an amt of $10 for adminstration fees for termination of line.
    ok...wat if i say i wanna cancel on 30dec instead? its already 1mth 1 day rite? so tat means i do not need to pay the $10 charge rite?

For this contract, its 2 yrs at a "special" price of $66, then after the contract period(which is after 29dec 2006), the charge will be at $80/mth which i think is quite siong then i duno y, they charge me $90+ this mth which they say is "advance" or duno wat line upgrade charge, so i tried to call them, 1st time called them, they give me this reply..then i wish to speak to their manager, n i leave my contact down so that the manager could get back to me...waited few days for the call..still no reply.. wow fantastic...i tried to call them few days...cant even get to them.. line bz la ... customer service officers not free la...till now..i still cant get their reply n i duno if i SHOULD pay or get their reply 1st before paying....
    So i made up my mind to cancel this plan once it ended...
    Terrible.. all service officers busy for the whole 2 weeks...
    Cool~

Quote Originally Posted by newbiegrapher View Post
    ok...wat if i say i wanna cancel on 30dec instead? its already 1mth 1 day rite? so tat means i do not need to pay the $10 charge rite?

For this contract, its 2 yrs at a "special" price of $66, then after the contract period(which is after 29dec 2006), the charge will be at $80/mth which i think is quite siong then i duno y, they charge me $90+ this mth which they say is "advance" or duno wat line upgrade charge, so i tried to call them, 1st time called them, they give me this reply..then i wish to speak to their manager, n i leave my contact down so that the manager could get back to me...waited few days for the call..still no reply.. wow fantastic...i tried to call them few days...cant even get to them.. line bz la ... customer service officers not free la...till now..i still cant get their reply n i duno if i SHOULD pay or get their reply 1st before paying....
    So i made up my mind to cancel this plan once it ended...
    Terrible.. all service officers busy for the whole 2 weeks...
    Cool~
    The statement "For 30 days from your effective date of termination only. A one-time fee of $10 will be charged to your final bill." I'd interpret it as they require a full one month period to cancel your line. e.g. even if you cancelled off half way through the month, they will be charging you for a month's usage. However, the $10 cancellation charges will still apply irregardless of when you cancel it. Notice that the statement is in 2 parts, each ends with a full-stop. It may be a different statement if its a comma though.

Cheers

vince123123
    Guests

i think best he type out word for word or scan the thing, you all speculating here only.