Thread: dead pixels...help

Exclamation dead pixels...help

hi,
    i just bought a c-50z today. i checked the cam for dead/hot pixels at the shop itself and found none.

but now, coupla of hrs later, i can see 4 visibly on my ccd screen. wad can i do about it ??

send it back to the shop or i have to go straight to olympus ?

Default Re: dead pixels...help

Originally posted by tAnG
    hi,
    i just bought a c-50z today. i checked the cam for dead/hot pixels at the shop itself and found none.

but now, coupla of hrs later, i can see 4 visibly on my ccd screen. wad can i do about it ??

send it back to the shop or i have to go straight to olympus ?
    Where did you buy from? Idealy is going back to the shop to exchnage. The 4 you see are what colours and under what kind of exposure and shutter speed? Sometimes they may be hot pixel and not dead pixel!

Default Re: Re: dead pixels...help

Originally posted by Kevin
    Where did you buy from? Idealy is going back to the shop to exchnage. The 4 you see are what colours and under what kind of exposure and shutter speed? Sometimes they may be hot pixel and not dead pixel!
    Kevin is right....after shooting for a while, hot pixels will make their apperance, especially if u r using high ISO and long exposure time.

as in the dead/hot pixels appear permenantly on the CCD screen
    i dun think it appears on the photos that are taken

Originally posted by tAnG
    as in the dead/hot pixels appear permenantly on the CCD screen
    i dun think it appears on the photos that are taken
    You mean the LCD Screen at the back of the DC? Then is not dead/hot pixel on your CCD since the photo is OK. As long as photo OK can lor. But you pay a lot for a C50 so may be go back to the shop to change another one lor. Where did you buy it from???

just got it changed
    i bought it from cp

thanx for ur help
    a pretty good cam

The Olympus servicing centre at High Street Centre can really do a good job in eliminating those hot or stuck pixels. My C-2040 had 3-4 hot/stuck pixels shown on a test shot (totally dark pic). I sent my cam there and it took them just one day to solve the problem. It's free if under warranty. Kudos Olympus S'pore.