Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: dead pixels...help

  1. #1

    Exclamation dead pixels...help

    hi,
    i just bought a c-50z today. i checked the cam for dead/hot pixels at the shop itself and found none.

    but now, coupla of hrs later, i can see 4 visibly on my ccd screen. wad can i do about it ??

    send it back to the shop or i have to go straight to olympus ?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: dead pixels...help

    Originally posted by tAnG
    hi,
    i just bought a c-50z today. i checked the cam for dead/hot pixels at the shop itself and found none.

    but now, coupla of hrs later, i can see 4 visibly on my ccd screen. wad can i do about it ??

    send it back to the shop or i have to go straight to olympus ?
    Where did you buy from? Idealy is going back to the shop to exchnage. The 4 you see are what colours and under what kind of exposure and shutter speed? Sometimes they may be hot pixel and not dead pixel!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: Re: dead pixels...help

    Originally posted by Kevin
    Where did you buy from? Idealy is going back to the shop to exchnage. The 4 you see are what colours and under what kind of exposure and shutter speed? Sometimes they may be hot pixel and not dead pixel!
    Kevin is right....after shooting for a while, hot pixels will make their apperance, especially if u r using high ISO and long exposure time.

  4. #4

    Default

    as in the dead/hot pixels appear permenantly on the CCD screen
    i dun think it appears on the photos that are taken

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Originally posted by tAnG
    as in the dead/hot pixels appear permenantly on the CCD screen
    i dun think it appears on the photos that are taken
    You mean the LCD Screen at the back of the DC? Then is not dead/hot pixel on your CCD since the photo is OK. As long as photo OK can lor. But you pay a lot for a C50 so may be go back to the shop to change another one lor. Where did you buy it from???

  6. #6

    Default

    just got it changed
    i bought it from cp

    thanx for ur help
    a pretty good cam

  7. #7

    Default

    The Olympus servicing centre at High Street Centre can really do a good job in eliminating those hot or stuck pixels. My C-2040 had 3-4 hot/stuck pixels shown on a test shot (totally dark pic). I sent my cam there and it took them just one day to solve the problem. It's free if under warranty. Kudos Olympus S'pore.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •