Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hari Raya Haji

heh heh ... ok ... should had posted like these .... i thought wanted to explained in details when we meet at the area ... but i guess it has been done ... i've always has problem explaining stuff ....
    salam aildiladha to all ...
    means ... er .. someone ... pls ... explain ...

For those who are interested to witness and shoot the event at PERTAPIS, you are welcome to do so.

The programme on that day will start at 8.30 a.m. with the Eid prayer on the field. They will then start the korban ceremony after that, usually around 9.30 a.m.

Based on past experience, expected completion time of the whole ceremony will be around 3.30 to 4 p.m.

This event is held at Lorong 21 Geylang. It is about 5-10 mins walk from the Aljunied MRT station. You may want to look at the locality map at the station for the exact route.

So we have 2 locations so far, if i read it right:

sukun's Al-Falah's korban will be at Madrasah Aljunied near lavender mrt station, on 11th Feb 7pm and 12th Feb morning.

drafting88's Pertapis korban is on 12th Feb at 8.30 am. and ends at 4 pm, held at Lorong 21 Geylang near Aljunied MRT station.

now i donno which one to go ...

Just checking, who is planning to shoot tomorrow at 1900 hrs at Al-Falah's korban will be at Madrasah Aljunied near Lavender MRT station...??

Anyone going to the Pertapis korban on 12/02/2003 at 0800 hrs held at Lorong 21 Geylang near Aljunied MRT station...??

Hi ivor,

If you are going to Pertapis tomorrow, can you please bring along the LCD protector which I have ordered from you?

I'll pm you my contact no. Thanks.

If not, I'll have to collect it another day as I only finish work at 6.45 p.m. and i'm working in Woodlands.

Thus it means that you will be there tomorrow...?? I will bring the LCP Screen Protector should I go... But then again, this is my first time doing this, do not know what are the rules to abide... Don't want to offend anybody there...

Originally posted by drafting88
    Hi ivor,

If you are going to Pertapis tomorrow, can you please bring along the LCD protector which I have ordered from you?

I'll pm you my contact no. Thanks.

If not, I'll have to collect it another day as I only finish work at 6.45 p.m. and i'm working in Woodlands.

probably going to the Geylang Lor 21 one tomorrow but not sure about the time, dun intend to stay for the whole thing so going too early might involve quite a bit of waiting ...

The korban ceremony should start abt 0.5 or 1 hr after the Eid prayers.....so maybe at abt 9.30 the first sheep would be slaughtered.

There is going to be abt 200 sheep.....so there would be plenty that you can shoot until around 3.30. Usually the crowd would peak around 11 to 2. So, if you want to avoid the crowd, maybe around 9.30 would be a good time (?). Even though if you have to wait, it wont be that long as usually they would want to finish everything soonest possible so that everybody can go home early. There would be a ceremony of giving the meat to the needy and poor and if you are interested in that too, it usually takes place in the afternoon.

Hope the above helps.

Thank you... It is really an eye opening for me... However, I really felt sad seeing such event... Sorry about that, I am an emotional person...

Originally posted by drafting88
    The korban ceremony should start abt 0.5 or 1 hr after the Eid prayers.....so maybe at abt 9.30 the first sheep would be slaughtered.

There is going to be abt 200 sheep.....so there would be plenty that you can shoot until around 3.30. Usually the crowd would peak around 11 to 2. So, if you want to avoid the crowd, maybe around 9.30 would be a good time (?). Even though if you have to wait, it wont be that long as usually they would want to finish everything soonest possible so that everybody can go home early. There would be a ceremony of giving the meat to the needy and poor and if you are interested in that too, it usually takes place in the afternoon.

Hope the above helps.

Originally posted by ivor
    Thank you... It is really an eye opening for me... However, I really felt sad seeing such event... Sorry about that, I am an emotional person...

Hi

nice meeting u just now ivor - i just wanna point out one thing.

u look just like your avatar! LOL

Thanks to drafting88 too for his warm welcome and his detailed introduction to Korban, the significance and the explanation during the ceremony. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed myself shooting Korban

Nice seeing Hyun and Tomshen there too. Talks for all the gear talk and photo relate chatter before, during and after the shoot - great fun exchanging ideas with you pple :P
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

sas
    Guests

eh, those who went for da Korban shooting.. can we see some of your pics? Pls

Same here. thx to drafting88 for your and your friends' kind explanation!!! Kind of culture shock to me. Anyway, I know more and more about Muslim since my development in photography in Singapore.

sas, not sure if I should post any pix here, not for the faint heart. Let me think about it first.

ugh !!!! ....
    Smelly me .....
    wrestle with sheeps ...
    covered with blood ....
    cleaned the shits .....

hey there's this ang moh guy came to mine event ... his canon gear makes a couple of my friends go gaga over it ... haha ... didn't manage to meet him up ... too sweaty and smelly to make aquaintance ....

sas
    Guests

not for the faint heart.
    Hahahah! Shouldnt be too bad, isn;t it? Mooooo.. <silence>. Baa-Baa.. <silence>. Hehe, the silence of the lambs. Oh yar, were they sheeps/goats or cows you guyz witnessed?

too sweaty and smelly to make aquaintance
    Haha.. even saxxy grafitti perfume won't do huh? But somehow I think without da smell of da event, it's not fun. Da smell gets da mood up, hehe

oh no no no ...
    its the wrestling of the sheeps thats cool ... haha ...
    THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW .... haha

Hi

i know this is a little late to ask ;P

but just curious....sulhan were u there at Pertapis on Hari Raya Haji itself? did u see tomshen, ivor, hyun or myself? we met and talked to drafting88 but i dun remember meeting u....
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Sin
    Guests

Originally posted by mervlam
    the sheeps are manned, not mended.
    abit late I know (and no offense to Mervlam hor - just want to be clear given our previous "encounter" )

But shouldn't sheeps be "minded"? You man a location and mind something or someone?

Another trademarked boliao post from the troll

Originally posted by Sin

abit late I know (and no offense to Mervlam hor - just want to be clear given our previous "encounter" )

But shouldn't sheeps be "minded"? You man a location and mind something or someone?

Another trademarked boliao post from the troll
    heh heh heh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12