Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How mani % of RH in Digi Cab DB-036

Default Re: How mani % of RH in Digi Cab DB-036

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    my hygro reading.....
    erm.........abit too low right? 10%? like that you might risk damaging your equipment if it is in there too long.

last time i use to set at around 45%, but now 50-55%.

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just a side track. Do you guys keep your flash in the dry-cabi?
    i keep everything inside, batts, flashes, memory cards....... if it was bigger, my cam bag would be inside too.

Hi Guys,

yup. sure thing. But if space is a constraint lens + body should hv 1st priority

my hygro reading.....
    Wow.. with that low a RH value, you can start making your own dried fruits and vegetables!
    Is the hygrometer working correctly? Leave the cabinet door open and note its reading. Should be anywhere from 50-70% in an air-conditioned room, 70-90% otherwise. More humid in rooms with poor ventilation.

Hi Guys,

If you think flash should not keep in dry cab, you should think to remove the build-in flash and battery from camera body and keep it outside dry cab .

It is ok to keep flash in dry cab. Flash is electronic, dSLR also consider as electronic.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    erm.........abit too low right? 10%? like that you might risk damaging your equipment if it is in there too long.
    my equipment has never been damaged. In fact they are in my drv cab for intervals of several weeks sometimes months before i get a chance to use them, and they function very well still. My least used lens (28-200, unused for >6mths) was surprisingly good as new when I took it out recently.

And yes, the hygro is working, recently I was clearing my dry cab, I left the door open for too long and it registered 70%.

Also, I keep my flash, batteries and flash battery pack inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    If you think flash should not keep in dry cab, you should think to remove the build-in flash and battery from camera body and keep it outside dry cab .

It is ok to keep flash in dry cab. Flash is electronic, dSLR also consider as electronic.

Regards,
    Arto.
    A local distro for a 3rd party brand of flash once told me that it is better to keep batteries in the flash when storing for a long period of time to provide some charge to the capacitors and components inside. This will prevent the premature failure of caps due to long term storage. you have any inputs?
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 29th November 2006 at 10:29 AM.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

i think i am gonna sound really stupid but if you put the batteries in will it not leak in the lng run?

Hi Guys,

Yes i do.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

And yes, the hygro is working, recently I was clearing my dry cab, I left the door open for too long and it registered 70%.
    That's mean your hygrometer/humidity display is working well.

A local distro for a 3rd party brand of flash once told me that it is better to keep batteries in the flash when storing for a long period of time to provide some charge to the capacitors and components inside. This will prevent the premature failure of caps due to long term storage. you have any inputs?
    What I hear before is you need to load the battery on you camera every month or two, flash it several times and that will help to maintain the capasitor inside the flash. The capacitor over the time will decrease its capacity (electrolyte capacitor can dry somehow). So, buying 10 years old new flash that keep on store may not wise. If you buy second hand or old flash, better asked the seller to check the flash's GN with flash meter.

If you keep the battery on flash and never turn it on (and flash it several time), it is no use, since it will not maintain the capacitor capacity.

It is not safe to keep the battery if you are not use it for long time (in any electronics device, not just flash, that's mean your camera also). The battery may leak and damage your battery contact point. The cause of leak? It most probably because even not in use, the battery will loose its power (battery itself and slow usage by electronics device in off/sleep mode). And each battery may not have same rate of losing power. When the 'faster loose power' battery have no more power, the 'still have power' battery will negative charging the battery and cause 'faster loose power' battery to leak. Maybe I am wrong, but that make sense for me. The battery also state its expiry date, which I often found expired battery to leak even in its closed package.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Yes i do.
    Who propose you .

Yes, I do keep my flash in dry cab too

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    Who propose you .

Yes, I do keep my flash in dry cab too

Regards,
    Arto.
    LOL!! That's what i meant...keeping flash in dry cabinet.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12