Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starhub Promotional Gifts

Default Re: Starhub Promotional Gifts

Quote Originally Posted by blueayz View Post
    I've decided to get the desktop but one thing thats holding me back is that I'm told HP desktop casing have a security seal. If the seal is broken than warranty is void. Does that mean that you can't upgrade the ram, or add another HDD or DVD drive or change video cards when you want to? Can't we open the casing to clean the dust inside?

Anyone knows about this policy regarding HP products and if there's a way to get around this? Cos I believe ram is cheaper at Sim Lim and I want to transfer some thibgs from my old PC to the HP one.
    Read carefully.. their warranty is only 90days, after that, upgrade lor...

here's part of the email starhub sent me. hope it helps.
    "

Thank you for subscribing to/renewing your MaxOnline contract.

Compaq Presario Notebook 2006 Promotion:
    Please register your notebook online with HP 8 days after the date of MaxOnline Cash & Carry/installation/Online recontract at www.hp.com.sg/starhub/notebook

Please note:
    1) Customer NRIC/FIN and MaxOnline Account Number are required for the HP Online registration

2) Customers are required to select the standard/upgrade models during the HP online registration. All upgrades/delivery charges are payable to HP.

3) A HP Consultant will call/email customers within 3 working days to confirm the order.

4) Actual collection or delivery will take place 1 month from the date of successful HP online registration, subject to payment clearance.

5) Premium not redeemed by the period stipulated by StarHub and HP will be forfeited. Customer is still required to fulfill the contract even if the premium is not redeemed.

6) To understand the redemption process, please visit http://www.starhub.com/online/promot...ego/steps.html

Redemption period: 20-Nov-2006 to 31-Jan-2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authorisation of Transfer from Customer: If you are unable to redeem your premium, you may authorise another person to redeem it on your behalf. To do so, please complete the authorisation portion below. The authorised person is required to bring along 1) This authorisation of transfer. 2) Your original NRIC/FIN/Passport. 3) His/her original NRIC/FIN/Passport for redemption.

I, (Name of Customer) , (NRIC of Customer)

authorise (Name of Authorisee)___________________________, (NRIC of Authorisee) , to collect the premium(s) on my behalf.

(Signature)___________________________

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Please ignore this email if you have already redeemed your premiums

Disclaimer
    Please do not reply to this email. You are receiving this email because you are a registered user of StarHub. If you wish to change your registration details, please visit www.starhub.com.
    Privacy Policy
    Copyright StarHub 2006. All rights reserved.

"

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    From reading some threads on HWZ, apparently HP will NOT void your warranty if you upgrade RAM, change hard disk etc, even though the seal is broken. In the event of any problems, only if they determined that your upgrade had caused the damage will they void your warranty. You can call HP yourself to verify rather than asking for opinions to be really safe.

Anyway, I'm on MaxOnline and cable TV, but no voice plan. My current M1 mobile plan is coming to an end. So was considering signing recontracting MaxOnline and Digital Cable and to sign up for a mobile plan to get the LCD TV. Don't get what you guys meant by "the cost of the plans is just too much" ?? Thought quite worth it leh since I'm paying for the services anyway
    Have called HP and what you read is true. The HP technical helpdesk said that HP will not void the warranty if you open the casing for upgrades. If there is a fault in future, they will only cover the original hardware that came with the PC. However he advised to do the upgrades after 7 days, as there is a 7-day return policy if there is a fault. And to do this the casing's seal cannot be broken.

So in short, do the upgrades after 7 days, and HP will not void the warranty on the original parts even if the casing's seal is broken.

Upz for HP

Caspere : Thanks for the advise dude. Am aware of that clause, and hence will be getting the 1-3 year warranty!

Thanks all again for your inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by blueayz View Post
    Have called HP and what you read is true. The HP technical helpdesk said that HP will not void the warranty if you open the casing for upgrades. If there is a fault in future, they will only cover the original hardware that came with the PC. However he advised to do the upgrades after 7 days, as there is a 7-day return policy if there is a fault. And to do this the casing's seal cannot be broken.

So in short, do the upgrades after 7 days, and HP will not void the warranty on the original parts even if the casing's seal is broken.

Upz for HP

Caspere : Thanks for the advise dude. Am aware of that clause, and hence will be getting the 1-3 year warranty!

Thanks all again for your inputs.

that's good news.

I am not sure whether to continue my contract with starhub and get the laptop for free or change to Singnet's 5Mbps plan at $50 per month.

Can anyone pls help me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    I am not sure whether to continue my contract with starhub and get the laptop for free or change to Singnet's 5Mbps plan at $50 per month.

Can anyone pls help me.

Thanks
    first question, are u very dependent on internet ? if so.. is speed a must need ? and do u really need a laptop ? computers will get cheaper in 2-3 years time.. so for the services of mobile and internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post

Can anyone pls help me.

Thanks
    if you ask me, just continue. why?

1. less hassle.
    2. free laptop
    3. faster speed.

but like what raincool said, do you use the internet alot? if you seldom use it, then maybe changing to singnet might be more economical since you will save about 20 bucks every month.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    if you ask me, just continue. why?

1. less hassle.
    2. free laptop
    3. faster speed.

but like what raincool said, do you use the internet alot? if you seldom use it, then maybe changing to singnet might be more economical since you will save about 20 bucks every month.
    Why if I used the internet very often I should continue with starhub?

Update: Just read from HWZ that there is an additional promotion at Sitex - Xbox 360 pro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12