4th February 2003, 01:13 PM
"Colours of Nature" Photo Contest
The NPS is organising a photo contest on the theme "Colours of Nature". Entry is free but restricted to one entry per competition day. Closing date is 31st March 2003.
4th February 2003, 01:14 PM
The site is at:
Go to Photo Contest on the front page.
4th February 2003, 01:25 PM
For the benefit of all members
Heres the details
Colours of Nature
Date: 1 Feb 2003
The first competition organised by NPS(S) in the year 2003. We hope to showcase the works and talents of photographers residing in Asia-Pacific (Asia, Australia and New Zealand). Images may be taken outside of the region. All images should portray nature subjects without the hand of man (i.e. no man-made subjects).
Competition commences on 1st of February 2003 and the final submission date will be on the 31st of March. Make sure you have provided a valid email address, so as to ensure NPS(S) is able to contact you with regards to your works. Images submitted for previous competitions organised by the NPS(S) will not be accepted.
Please submit your entries in NPS(S) Forum's competition page. Please restrict images size to 100kb and the longest width must not be more than 560 pixels. Whenever possible, specify location where photo was taken, and any technical details.
Best overall entry wins S$100 cash!
Best NPS(S) member's entry will get S$50 Borders bookshop voucher!
Judges (in alphabetical order):
1. Mr. Alex YAP, president of NPS(S) 2003 and freelance photographer
2. Mr. Anthony CHIA, photographic retailer and honorary NPS(S) member
3. Mr. Tony WU, who co-authored the award winning book Silent Symphony
Submit image for the competition
Terms and Conditions:
1. Entries are limited to nature subjects. There should not be any man-made subject in the image.
2. Entrants have to be residing in Asia Pacific.
3. Up to 1 image per day for each entrant allowed.
4. Rights are fully retained by photographer, although NPS(S) will be given authorisation to display it within NPS(S) website. Permission would be sought from owners should the image be used for any publicity materials for NPS(S).
5. NPS(S) reserves the rights to refuse any entries that are deemed offensive OR of dubious origins or suspected of manipulations.
6. The judges decisions are final.
5th February 2003, 12:44 PM