Thread: Toshiba Windows Vista upgrade.

Angry Toshiba Windows Vista upgrade.

I got my Toshiba Portege M500 on 1st Oct 2006 and recently Toshiba stated in their website that for those who purchase their notebook on 26th Oct 2006 onwards will able to get a free copy of Windows Vista.
    I called them to request for a copy but they reject my request. But it was only 26 days!
    Is there any way that I can 'force' them to give me a copy without me paying for it?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Toshiba Windows Vista upgrade.

hp also the same thing. http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/c...0-225-121.html

and noticed it is also 26 october.

but i noticed they nv state which version of vista one would be getting. hopefully at least home premium. would love to see that areo interface which is causing all the hype.
    Last edited by satay16; 23rd November 2006 at 11:33 PM.

26 oct is the date microsoft set...nt by the manufacturer...so ntg they can do...or mayb u can email microsoft...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

once they bend the rules for you, and the word gets out, everyone will be using you as an example to get theirs.. how many laptops do they sell a day? uni, poly, shopping centres, easily more than 50 a day. 26 days x 50... i cannot imagine
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    hp also the same thing. http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/c...0-225-121.html

and noticed it is also 26 october.

but i noticed they nv state which version of vista one would be getting. hopefully at least home premium. would love to see that areo interface which is causing all the hype.
    Sacrificing machine power just to see OS eye candy?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    I use Mac bcos I want to see eye candy

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    packaging is layout is all about the works isn't it? It's all part of the user experience.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    I got my Toshiba Portege M500 on 1st Oct 2006 and recently Toshiba stated in their website that for those who purchase their notebook on 26th Oct 2006 onwards will able to get a free copy of Windows Vista.
    I called them to request for a copy but they reject my request. But it was only 26 days!
    Is there any way that I can 'force' them to give me a copy without me paying for it?
    Thanks!
    26 days is quite long.... There must be a cut off date somewhere right. If they let you 1st Oct, then the 29 sep people will complain, "common only 2 days, how come the 1st Oct guy gets it..."

26th Oct is set by micrsoft I think cuz Sony, etc all the same date.

Unfortunately these giant manufacturers dont bend rules ....
    My Seagate HD crashed in 14 months and Seagate said it is not their problem coz Apple sold the computer and the HD is only a component....
    Apple said ... "too bad".... "and better luck next time." ... and I still need to pay their service charge, which is a min of $105!
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    My Seagate HD crashed in 14 months and Seagate said it is not their problem coz Apple sold the computer and the HD is only a component....
    Apple said ... "too bad".... "and better luck next time." ... and I still need to pay their service charge, which is a min of $105!
    Seagate is right, Apple is their customer, not you, cos Apple OEM from Seagate one.
    Warranty is 12mths so 2 mths later spoil, TFB (Too F***ing Bad), big company cannot chum siong lah, otherwise everybody come and say why my fren warranty over can replace I cannot, blah blah. Sorry not to have nice things to say, bro, but that's life.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    packaging is layout is all about the works isn't it? It's all part of the user experience.
    Mmm... Ok. But really, requiring such machine power for Vista if one wanna get maximum 'user experience' (aka eye candy).

Isn't it a little....

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    U are better off buying 1 and den DIY install instead.

When user-replaceable components like HDD, RAM, AirPort card fails, its always a good idea to fish out that screwdriver.

But when things like mobo fails, its pretty much a suck thumb situation.

maybe.. but all the eye candy wun take up any much more resources than what the hop from DOS 6.2 to Windows 95 did. Over the other thread were discussing the falling prices of storage and computing power. It might seem resource hungry for now, but just another 6 months will definitely be the norm and next year will see it as "resource-saving" compared to the next release.

Of course the computing power can be put to better use than to render all the alpha layers, but then again, most of the time when we see the eye candy is when the computer is idling, when it's hard at work (maybe PS or something) it'll be full screen covering all the displays. So my guess is that it isn't that bad after all.

Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Seagate is right, Apple is their customer, not you, cos Apple OEM from Seagate one.
    Warranty is 12mths so 2 mths later spoil, TFB (Too F***ing Bad), big company cannot chum siong lah, otherwise everybody come and say why my fren warranty over can replace I cannot, blah blah. Sorry not to have nice things to say, bro, but that's life.
    Ya,.... no problem bro...in fact i was kind of very happy with that friendly, service boy's in Apple
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    maybe.. but all the eye candy wun take up any much more resources than what the hop from DOS 6.2 to Windows 95 did. Over the other thread were discussing the falling prices of storage and computing power. It might seem resource hungry for now, but just another 6 months will definitely be the norm and next year will see it as "resource-saving" compared to the next release.

Of course the computing power can be put to better use than to render all the alpha layers, but then again, most of the time when we see the eye candy is when the computer is idling, when it's hard at work (maybe PS or something) it'll be full screen covering all the displays. So my guess is that it isn't that bad after all.
    esp true when quad processors come out. cant believe the rate computers are improving. duo core has just started and quad processors are already starting to leak out.