Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Thread: Eye City 2006

Default Re: Eye City 2006

no, they never say which pix. it's just a generic mass mail with everyone put on the bcc list. that's why your mailbox may treat it as spam.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    results are out. eye had sent out the email to notify those whose fea.selected
    I see...was thinking it might be a better idea for them to post the names on their blog instead of sending mails out. These days it's terrible with all the spam flying around. People get mail they don't want, and sometimes they miss the mail that's really meant for them to read.

Just a suggestion anyway...up to the organizers to do as they see fit.

When you received this email, it means that your works submitted to Eye e City 06 have been shortlisted for the Final Selection of 100 entries that best document our city in 2006.
    Have been shortlisted For eye E eye the final selection...

i received the email too... but this doesn't guarantee if our pictures make it to the 100 selected ones right? we are only shortlisted. but still, got chance lah...

Oh man...got to try harder next year.

Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    Oh man...got to try harder next year.
    don't need to feel sad, it's the combined effort from everyone that makes this project work, this isn't a competition, so whether selected or not, it's the effort that counts

yup, i dont think this is a photo competition, at least for me it isnt. before i join this event, never thought of capturing what the past 1 year meant to me. enjoy doing it everytime (though most of the time it is raining).
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

So, did anyone else get shortlisted, besides Lord_Angelus?

I received the email, too...

I think what they meant by 'shortlisted' actually refers to the photo getting selected for the book and exhibition. The email says,

Your works, either in the form of a single frame or a set of photo essay, will be published in our event's annual publication. They will also be printed for the exhibition.
    Anyway, it doesn't really matter if you get in the top 100 or not; I was pretty darn sure I didn't, seeing as I did not receive any news prior to this email - I second denniskee's comment about it not being a competition. Instead, I enjoyed the activity of taking street photos on New Year's Eve immensely. No pressure, pure bliss.

hmm.. I received it too.. so the exhibition would be held from 30th July?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    hmm.. I received it too.. so the exhibition would be held from 30th July?
    according to the website, the book launch is 4th Aug --> http://eyeecity.multiply.com/

"Prints shall be made of the Final 100 and exhibited publicly from 30 July till 31 August 2007 at the National Library." so the exhibition would be held first before the book launch..

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    "Prints shall be made of the Final 100 and exhibited publicly from 30 July till 31 August 2007 at the National Library." so the exhibition would be held first before the book launch..
    then it should be that

I never got any email.

I received the email too

For those who received the email indicating your photo(s) has/have been shortlisted, it means selected. For further queries, do email eyeecity@yahoo.com

received some updates today, thought i'll just help them post it here ...

Eye City - A Visual Account of the Last 24 Hours of 2006

Book Launch & Photography Exhibition of the 100 Best Works

Exhibition: 30 July to 31 August 2007, 10am - 9pm

Book Launch: 4 August 2007, 3pm - 5pm

Singapore, 20 June 2007 In its fifth consecutive year, Eye City A Visual Account of
    the Last 24 Hours attracted more than 120 photography enthusiasts who scoured the
    island on the last day of 2006 to capture images of the city landscape and her people.
    The best 100 of these images will be published in a book and be displayed in a month-long
    exhibition at the Central Lending Library starting from 30 July.

Eye City is an annual event held on the last day of each year to encourage ordinary
    individuals to document the changing social and urban landscapes of Singapore through
    photography. Participants are encouraged to take photographs that not only reveal what
    was physically captured, but also convey about their significance.

"Through this event, we hope to encourage participants to be more aware of their
    surroundings and to develop a more caring and compassionate attitude towards their
    society," said Mr Lee Chee Ming, Organizing Committee Member of Eye City 2006.

Mr Heng Kai Le, whose photograph titled `Yishun's Secret Fishing Ground' was selected
    for this year's exhibition and publication, said, "Eye City is an invaluable avenue to
    preserve the collective memories of Singapore. It compels me to look at Singapore in a
    different light."

Unlike previous years, participants of Eye City 2006 were allowed to submit a collection
    of up to five images that constitute a single photo essay. The response was encouraging,
    with more than a third of the essays received given the nod for publication and exhibition
    this year.

The exhibition will also feature photographs taken by three judges from the selection
    panel Mr Ray Chua, Mr Sha Ying and Mr Wee Teck Hian. All three guest exhibitors will
    present photographs of the old Chinatown Market taken on the day before it closed for
    renovations.

To complement the exhibition, Eye City will conduct two sharing sessions led by
    Mr Ray Chua and Mr Sha Ying. Both speakers will share their experiences in documentary
    photography, as well as facilitate a discussion on photographs taken by Eye City
    participants and ways on how to improve them.

Further details on the sharing sessions will be released at the book launch on 4 August
    from 3 pm to 5 pm.

The black and white photography exhibition of the best 100 images from Eye City 2006
    will run from 30 July through 31 August 2007, 10 am to 9 pm daily.

The venue for the exhibition and book launch will be at the Central Lending Library
    (basement 1), National Library Board. Admission is free.

For more information and the latest updates, the public can visit http://eyeecity.multiply.com.

upz for the upcoming exhibition...

Eye é City 2006 photography exhibition is now on at the Central Lending Library, Basement 1, Victoria Street.

Do join us for the book launch on 4 Aug at the Multipurpose Room (Central Lending Library, Basement 1) from 3pm to 5pm. Participants can collect a copy of the book, CD of their images and negatives on the same day.

For enquiries, please email eyeecity@yahoo.com or visit http://eyeecity.multiply.com.

I went there just now and I saw my photo.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast