Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye City 2006

Default Re: Eye City 2006

last night i was the last few guy to register, today me 1st person to submit. getting old liao, cant shoot 24hr liao. just want to submit and come back to rest.

thanks to all the volunteers for making this a very good experience, process was smooth.

also, happy new year to all, may 2007 bring peace and hormony.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    back! oh man, what a headache, each year the things that are worth shooting just get lesser and lesser
    Oh yeah...tell me about it. I rocked up there with 11 photos...2 of which I'd probably chuck at a second look. The guys there thought I had already done my selection.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    last night i was the last few guy to register, today me 1st person to submit. getting old liao, cant shoot 24hr liao. just want to submit and come back to rest.

thanks to all the volunteers for making this a very good experience, process was smooth.

also, happy new year to all, may 2007 bring peace and hormony.
    Glad that you still managed to carry on shooting and submit your works in the end...read about the mishap with your film earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    Oh yeah...tell me about it. I rocked up there with 11 photos...2 of which I'd probably chuck at a second look. The guys there thought I had already done my selection.
    only managed 14 pictures with 1 photo essay not hoping for anything to be selected, either theme is not fresh or framing no good

only managed 14 pictures with 1 photo essay not hoping for anything to be selected, either theme is not fresh or framing no good
    Aiyah...to be honest, I had a look through some of the previous publications, and the photos in general had this PJ look...a bit rough at the edges. This appears to be the whole style of the project. It is more documentary than being extreme artistic. Hence, a little errors with framing is no issue. I've got one photo with severe camera shake but I left it in nevertheless.

Hashed out a simple, choreographed still life series (on location) for the photo essay. Let's see how it goes for my first attempt.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

I went shooting around my house
    Kampong Lor Buangkok
    Kampong Glam
    Mini kampong at Clementi Ave 6 (kena asked to leave )
    Sunset Way

What about you guys?

happy new year everyone and many more good years for Eye City

happy new year everyone and many more good years for Eye City
    Happy New Year to all that took part and hope to see your photos published ....

back! oh man, what a headache, each year the things that are worth shooting just get lesser and lesser
    my 1st shot is quite nice, but i took film, so i think 1 shot 1 kill, but after thinking, should shoot twice...

went to taman jurong to talk with some old folks, they revamped the old building. took some pics also. its quite nice to understand what i have took and what is the background story of the things i am shooting. overall this time more fun...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    my 1st shot is quite nice, but i took film, so i think 1 shot 1 kill, but after thinking, should shoot twice...

went to taman jurong to talk with some old folks, they revamped the old building. took some pics also. its quite nice to understand what i have took and what is the background story of the things i am shooting. overall this time more fun...
    that's nice i only jalan jalan around punggol, sengkang, ang mo kio and south bridge road

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Kampong Lor Buangkok
    Kampong Glam
    Sunset Way

What about you guys?
    Nice...wish I had the chance to tackle those 'kampongs'. I ended up shooting around the HDB blocks in Hougang, near my house. Later went to Ubin for a short while. Shot one more photo outside Singapore Pools...terribly done.

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Kampong Lor Buangkok
    Kampong Glam
    Sunset Way

What about you guys?
    Botanic Garden
    Damsey Road
    Taman Jurong
    Lim Chu Kang
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

home. reassuring to hear that others didn't use up the film either. waiting to see how the few shots i did take turn out.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    home. reassuring to hear that others didn't use up the film either. waiting to see how the few shots i did take turn out.
    It's nice to see that most of us probably didn't adopt a machine-gun approach. I was shooting digi, using my uncle's P&S, but I still shot far less than 36 frames in total.

happy new yr all eye e city participants

must buy 1001 this week 4d liao.

thanks fword, now must decide if i want to send in the camera for repair, b&s now is about $150.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

zhang3feng, a Happy New Year to all participants indeed. Today is pretty much a siesta day, particularly for those who decided to go all out and travel like mad to get the photos.

denniskee, heheh...my number 2011. Should really buy 4D eh...not sure how much it would cost to repair your camera. If the catch is just a little stiff and didn't lock properly, then it should still work if a bit of caution is thrown in. It might be preferable just to use your other film body.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast