Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 171

Thread: Eye City 2006

  1. #61
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    last night i was the last few guy to register, today me 1st person to submit. getting old liao, cant shoot 24hr liao. just want to submit and come back to rest.

    thanks to all the volunteers for making this a very good experience, process was smooth.

    also, happy new year to all, may 2007 bring peace and hormony.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    back! oh man, what a headache, each year the things that are worth shooting just get lesser and lesser
    Oh yeah...tell me about it. I rocked up there with 11 photos...2 of which I'd probably chuck at a second look. The guys there thought I had already done my selection.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    last night i was the last few guy to register, today me 1st person to submit. getting old liao, cant shoot 24hr liao. just want to submit and come back to rest.

    thanks to all the volunteers for making this a very good experience, process was smooth.

    also, happy new year to all, may 2007 bring peace and hormony.
    Glad that you still managed to carry on shooting and submit your works in the end...read about the mishap with your film earlier today.

  4. #64

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    Oh yeah...tell me about it. I rocked up there with 11 photos...2 of which I'd probably chuck at a second look. The guys there thought I had already done my selection.
    only managed 14 pictures with 1 photo essay not hoping for anything to be selected, either theme is not fresh or framing no good

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    only managed 14 pictures with 1 photo essay not hoping for anything to be selected, either theme is not fresh or framing no good
    Aiyah...to be honest, I had a look through some of the previous publications, and the photos in general had this PJ look...a bit rough at the edges. This appears to be the whole style of the project. It is more documentary than being extreme artistic. Hence, a little errors with framing is no issue. I've got one photo with severe camera shake but I left it in nevertheless.

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    Hashed out a simple, choreographed still life series (on location) for the photo essay. Let's see how it goes for my first attempt.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  8. #68
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    I went shooting around my house
    Kampong Lor Buangkok
    Kampong Glam
    Mini kampong at Clementi Ave 6 (kena asked to leave )
    Sunset Way

    What about you guys?

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    happy new year everyone and many more good years for Eye City

  10. #70

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    happy new year everyone and many more good years for Eye City
    Happy New Year to all that took part and hope to see your photos published ....

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    back! oh man, what a headache, each year the things that are worth shooting just get lesser and lesser
    my 1st shot is quite nice, but i took film, so i think 1 shot 1 kill, but after thinking, should shoot twice...

    went to taman jurong to talk with some old folks, they revamped the old building. took some pics also. its quite nice to understand what i have took and what is the background story of the things i am shooting. overall this time more fun...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    my 1st shot is quite nice, but i took film, so i think 1 shot 1 kill, but after thinking, should shoot twice...

    went to taman jurong to talk with some old folks, they revamped the old building. took some pics also. its quite nice to understand what i have took and what is the background story of the things i am shooting. overall this time more fun...
    that's nice i only jalan jalan around punggol, sengkang, ang mo kio and south bridge road

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    I went shooting around my house
    Kampong Lor Buangkok
    Kampong Glam
    Mini kampong at Clementi Ave 6 (kena asked to leave )
    Sunset Way

    What about you guys?
    Nice...wish I had the chance to tackle those 'kampongs'. I ended up shooting around the HDB blocks in Hougang, near my house. Later went to Ubin for a short while. Shot one more photo outside Singapore Pools...terribly done.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    I went shooting around my house
    Kampong Lor Buangkok
    Kampong Glam
    Mini kampong at Clementi Ave 6 (kena asked to leave )
    Sunset Way

    What about you guys?
    Botanic Garden
    Damsey Road
    Taman Jurong
    Lim Chu Kang
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    home. reassuring to hear that others didn't use up the film either. waiting to see how the few shots i did take turn out.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    home. reassuring to hear that others didn't use up the film either. waiting to see how the few shots i did take turn out.
    It's nice to see that most of us probably didn't adopt a machine-gun approach. I was shooting digi, using my uncle's P&S, but I still shot far less than 36 frames in total.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    happy new yr all eye e city participants

  18. #78

  19. #79
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    must buy 1001 this week 4d liao.

    thanks fword, now must decide if i want to send in the camera for repair, b&s now is about $150.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Eye City 2006

    zhang3feng, a Happy New Year to all participants indeed. Today is pretty much a siesta day, particularly for those who decided to go all out and travel like mad to get the photos.

    denniskee, heheh...my number 2011. Should really buy 4D eh...not sure how much it would cost to repair your camera. If the catch is just a little stiff and didn't lock properly, then it should still work if a bit of caution is thrown in. It might be preferable just to use your other film body.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •