Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye City 2006

Default Re: Eye City 2006

Quote Originally Posted by cmeptb72 View Post
    Will you guys be doing the shoot as a group or prefer to do lone ranger style?
    having company can be fun, but from personal experience, doing it alone is usually better.

actually you can start shooting from midnight of 31st Dec 2006 (0000 hour up to 2359 hour), so it can also be a case where a portion of the pictures are done alone and a portion are done while together with friends. it's you personal view of the last day of the year
    Last edited by eikin; 13th December 2006 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crabball View Post
    hmm... i am interested.... but me newbie..... can join?
    Anybody can join this event, even using your p&s camera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmeptb72 View Post
    Will you guys be doing the shoot as a group or prefer to do lone ranger style?
    I joined eye e city since 2002. From my past experience, my photo was selected in 2002 and 2005 when I did it alone. In 2003 and 2004, my photos were not selected because I did my shoot with a group of friends, too many similiar photos when we did our selection.

8 more days!

Quote Originally Posted by sathea View Post
    8 more days!
    6 more days!

hope the sky won't open up on that day, else it will be hard to travel around...

photos must be taken during that 24hrs? will they check EXIF data? paiseh ask noob question
    Canon 400D:18-55:75-300:50F1.8:tokina 28-70F2.8:
    msn - viroxmk5@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by SnapJaX View Post
    photos must be taken during that 24hrs? will they check EXIF data? paiseh ask noob question
    not really... but then, its up to your integrity to distort the truth.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Can I kindly ask, but would it be possible to register within the next few days? I wonder if there is a cut off timing for the event for registering. If anyone could help, it is much appreciated, as it is not clearly stated in the blog site.

Cheers,
    Tantor

i think its register from 7pm onwards on 30th itself? then shoot from midnite til following midnite?

i interested in taking part, but got question...

i read that the photos selected will be in BnW.. i using D80, so should i select BnW mode?
    got side effect anot?

thinking of BnW cuz easier to see highlights, etc. if got colour more distracting for composition rite? or should i just shoot in colour then let them convert?

newbie here..

Quote Originally Posted by Tantor View Post
    Can I kindly ask, but would it be possible to register within the next few days? I wonder if there is a cut off timing for the event for registering. If anyone could help, it is much appreciated, as it is not clearly stated in the blog site.

Cheers,
    Tantor
    Registration is from 7pm to 10pm on 30 Dec (Sat) outside Cheers convenience store.

If you really cannot come down on this date, you can download the entry form from the blog and hand over to us on 31 Dec from 8pm to 12.30am (1 jan 2007). This only apply to digital users since film users will need to collect the B&W film from us.

However, it will be better to come down on 30 Dec so that we know the number of participants and ease the adminstration part. And of course take the opportunity to meet up and talk to anyone of us.

Quote Originally Posted by skopio View Post
    i think its register from 7pm onwards on 30th itself? then shoot from midnite til following midnite?

i interested in taking part, but got question...

i read that the photos selected will be in BnW.. i using D80, so should i select BnW mode?
    got side effect anot?

thinking of BnW cuz easier to see highlights, etc. if got colour more distracting for composition rite? or should i just shoot in colour then let them convert?

newbie here..
    It will definetly be better if you can shoot it in B&W mode. However, if you choose to shoot in colour mode, the conversion will be done during the processing stage with the films.

Hope to see everyone on the 30 Dec and happy shooting!

time to toss coin... digital or film...

btw.. wats the iso of the film? or the film type?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    time to toss coin... digital or film...

btw.. wats the iso of the film? or the film type?
    Digital lah, if you digital, I join you.

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Digital lah, if you digital, I join you.
    i can shoot film u shoot digital mah...

u driving or i driving?

anyway time to test desaturation... 0% manipulation...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i can shoot film u shoot digital mah...

u driving or i driving?

anyway time to test desaturation... 0% manipulation...
    some thread somewhere i read that in-camera BnW is pure desaturate instead of tonal adjustment.. this leads to degradation of pic quality? anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by eyeecity View Post
    Registration is from 7pm to 10pm on 30 Dec (Sat) outside Cheers convenience store.

If you really cannot come down on this date, you can download the entry form from the blog and hand over to us on 31 Dec from 8pm to 12.30am (1 jan 2007). This only apply to digital users since film users will need to collect the B&W film from us.
    Bro, tht mean the film will be given upon registration and not by our own expense?

thanks for clearing the air...me using film

If I'm not wrong, the b/w film provided is Illford XP2 400.

Hope this helps.

a few more hours to registration..

Gonna take part this year! Missed last year's one...

What's the dateline for submission of pictures? 12.30am on the follow day seems too early...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast